House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest มร หล&#3

At What Age Do You

What's pocket money ?

Guest มร หล&#3

I'll go with that, Bill.

Doing what? Washing up? Floor cleaning? Log cutting with chain-saw? Traffic management?

Guest มร หล&#3
What's pocket money ?

I know . . . but I get pestered.

My first isn't even yet born, and I'm lining up the household chores that will need to be performed for wages, sorry, pocket money. Well, if Gordenron Brown can have him born into a £23,000 share of national debt, I'm going to get my money's worth also!

Guest มร หล&#3
My first isn't even yet born, and I'm lining up the household chores that will need to be performed for wages, sorry, pocket money. Well, if Gordenron Brown can have him born into a £23,000 share of national debt, I'm going to get my money's worth also!

Yes. Quite. A list!

Ironing..... 4p a shirt/top, 6p a pair of trousers, 1p to match a pair of socks etc etc.... payment terms as long as they meet the required quality standard. If you want to be mean set a price cap and then open a tendering process between the kids to get the price down...

Guest sillybear2
I reckon 7.

What think?

Depends how tall they are, if you have a strong lad you could send him down the mines at 6.

Ironing..... 4p a shirt/top, 6p a pair of trousers, 1p to match a pair of socks etc etc.... payment terms as long as they meet the required quality standards

MT, farm out the dross jobs to other toddlers and get your little 'un to manage and perform the quality control.

not convinced that children should be expected to work.

its not like the old days where work was a virtue, thesedays only slaves work.

the question should be, at what age do you ensure your children are winners? er, or at what age do you teach them about cheating, lying and beating up other children. lol like they do in chavland.

at what age do you through them out onto the street with a knife and expect them to bring home 'stuff'.

MT, farm out the dross jobs to other toddlers and get your little 'un to manage and perform the quality control.

Capitalism at work....

I wouldn't make them work for their pocket money. This would help condition them for a lifetime of benefits dependency.

the question should be, at what age do you ensure your children are winners? er, or at what age do you teach them about cheating, lying and beating up other children. lol like they do in chavland.

at what age do you through them out onto the street with a knife and expect them to bring home 'stuff'.

I sure-as-sh!t hope I don't live in your neighbourhood!

At what age do you get them their first BTL? Properdy's that way forward innnit?

Guest มร หล&#3

Nice answer.

Apart from my own, I'm looking to see when people should start to learn the value of money. Okay . . . I know, I know . . .

I wonder what age Geithner/King/Blanchflower etc had to muck out the polo pony's stables?

Guest มร หล&#3
I wouldn't make them work for their pocket money. This would help condition them for a lifetime of benefits dependency.

Reverse psychology? Or just don't tell 'em what a grind it is?

Guest sillybear2
Apart from my own, I'm looking to see when people should start to learn the value of money. Okay . . . I know, I know . . .

Maybe just buy them a toy printing press? Get them trained up to become a central banker.

crayola-xpress1.jpg

I might ask my kids to self cert themselves on loans. They could detail their assests and income, and I will lend them 12x their annual pocket money, as claimed. This way they'll be able to buy loads of useless tat. I'll obviously charge them interest on the loan, and when they fail to pay I'll repossess their bedrooms and turf them out onto the street.

I reckon 7.

What think?

Tricky. As soon as poss I suppose.

In order to reach adulthood with a vague association between work and getting things/money, the lesson probably needs to start early.

If you just want material success and don't mind your kid becoming hateful, you could school him/her in lying, cheating, dissembling and spin(sending them to Eton and encouraging taking part in the debating society should do it). Then if he/she is good at maths - banking, otherwise, a politician.

Guest sillybear2
I might ask my kids to self cert themselves on loans. They could detail their assests and income, and I will lend them 12x their annual pocket money, as claimed. This way they'll be able to buy loads of useless tat. I'll obviously charge them interest on the loan, and when they fail to pay I'll repossess their bedrooms and turf them out onto the street.

Best to also get a few dozen credit cards in their names, charge them up to their limits, then hand your kids the bill when they turn 18. If they ask why, just say you're copying the government. Tell them you 'invested' the money in tequila and this made you a better, fairer parent.