House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ian Chesterton

Solve The Mp's Second Homes Crisis:

Yep, something like this is a winner with me. I know the argument is that some MPs live in London rather than their constituency, and bring their family with them, which is why they should be allowed to buy whatever house they like, but there are plenty of other professions where housing is provided while they do the job - Doctor's and Nurse's accommodation, including married quarters, and Minister's Manses/Vicarages spring to mind.

The Prime minister doesn't complain about having to live in No 10, and I believe it's actually quite a small living quarters (didn't the Blairs switch to No 11, as the living space was bigger?) - it's one in, one out at No 10, and the same could be for designated housing for all the other MPs. Good links to central London from the village, and the space to set up special conferencing facilities within the village, etc, I can see this as a great opportunity. The government will probably say that it's a terrible security risk to have all their Mp eggs in one olympic sized basket though.

If you offered them something like this or made it compulsory you would get the line that they really don't need a second home especially if there is no cash incentive for them.

But could you imagine if you put them all in a Olympic style village all the kinky sex party's, wife /partner swapping, drug dens, group sex they would get up to :o we would have to read about all this in our newspapers , best let them have second homes in my opinion

The government will probably say that it's a terrible security risk to have all their Mp eggs in one olympic sized basket though.

They could build a moat round it. I believe they have some expertise in this area.

If you offered them something like this or made it compulsory you would get the line that they really don't need a second home especially if there is no cash incentive for them.

But could you imagine if you put them all in a Olympic style village all the kinky sex party's, wife /partner swapping, drug dens, group sex they would get up to :o we would have to read about all this in our newspapers , best let them have second homes in my opinion

You've put your finger on an important point here, but fail to highlight the queues of charlie dealers, rent boys, dominatrixes, gimp mask vendors, bondage gear pedlars, 'nannies', enema operatives, bespoke rubberwear tailors, used bike saddle and soiled panty merchants who inevitably cluster where MP's are found.

My suggestion is that the whole Members 'complex is surrounded by razor wired fencing, with free-running attack dogs on the inner perimeter. Lights out at 10pm. Living areas would be patrolled internally, by guards authorised to hand out a good hiding to rule breakers.

There's been far too much latitude with these over-privileged, swindling deviants in the past. They need a sharp reminder that they are not members of Caligula's depraved inner circle on ancient Capri, but are paid servants of the UK tax payer in 2009.

A 'hard, but fair' new order is badly needed.

Back to basics!!

Edited by juvenal

Guest anorthosite
You've put your finger on an important point here, but fail to highlight the queues of charlie dealers, rent boys, dominatrixes, gimp mask vendors, bondage gear pedlars, 'nannies', enema operatives, bespoke rubberwear tailors, used bike saddle and soiled panty merchants who inevitably cluster where MP's are found.

At least it's give a much needed post-Olympic boost to the local economy ;)

My suggestion is that the whole Members 'complex is surrounded by razor wired fencing, with free-running attack dogs on the inner perimeter. Lights out at 10pm. Living areas would be patrolled internally, by guards authorised to hand out a good hiding to rule breakers.

You forgot all the CCTV cameras in every room.

why not stick them chelsea barracks? its nearer.

with the original fittings.

I vote for rebuilding the Marshalsea and shoving the lot in there until they've repaid every penny they've swindled from us. :angry:

MP's should sleep in cardboard boxes along the embankment so that tourists could flock to see them, it could generate millions in rotten tomato and cabbages sales from various kiosks along the way.

I vote for rebuilding the Marshalsea and shoving the lot in there until they've repaid every penny they've swindled from us. :angry:

What the Dickens!! I'm in debt to you for that idea, sir!

Best solution would be to pay the MPs a decent salary on the first place.

Why do people come up with this utter tosh.

£60k+ puts them in the top 5% of earners in the country for a job which isn't even full time.

No qualifications are needed and they take on limited responsibility in an environment with 600 MPs and most of the former power devolved to Brussels, Scotland and Wales.

The benefits are also exceptional, and there be no shortage of supply of people willing to do the job out of principles and civic duty.

There is no reason in my eyes why an MP position should pay in the leagues of a Doctor or FTSE 250 CEO. Describing £60k + as poor reuneration just shows that the political class are out of touch with reality.