House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Not Long Now

A Suggestion...

I have nearly fallen out of love with this site, due to the sheer amount of shite and crap threads posted on the main forum.

Some of the users need to realise that copying and pasting newspaper weblinks as a new topic rarely constitutes an interesting read.

As a result, alot of the decent threads get lost under the pile of dross.

However, the Gilts thread has re-surrected my interest, and there are alot of decent thread there if someone bumps them up the list on the main forum.

Therefore, my suggestion is to either pin the better threads on the main forum, or at least offer a "rating" for each thread so users can see at a glance which threads are a better read.

We can "star rate" individual users, so why not specific threads? After a certain period of time / number of hits / number of posts and / or the user generated rating for a specific thread, will result in it being pinned, (or even better - moved to a forum board of its own for users to find all the decent threads. We could call it the Champions League Forum, while the current main board will be relegated to the League 1 forum).

Just a thought...but I'm sure people will agree that the amount of crap on the main forum gets soul destroying. Who knows, HPC may even attract back alot of the more informed posters who have probably buggered off for the same reason that I nearly did.

Umm... you can. Look at the titlebar of the original post on any thread - you can rate it there. I've given this thread one star.

:lol::lol::lol:

Umm... you can. Look at the titlebar of the original post on any thread - you can rate it there. I've given this thread one star.

:P

Well at least it's posted in the correct place.