House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

loginandtonic

I Ask Again What Is The Point Of A Trouser Press?

if you dont iron your trousers you press their existing unwanted creases in, or thats how mine's going, so whats the point of a trouser press? might as well just iron them, then iron a crease in if a pair of suit trousers

i always thought a trouser press was INSTEAD of using an iron, now it seems i'm wrong, thankfully i only paid £2.50 for the thing !

if you dont iron your trousers you press their existing unwanted creases in, or thats how mine's going, so whats the point of a trouser press? might as well just iron them, then iron a crease in if a pair of suit trousers

i always thought a trouser press was INSTEAD of using an iron, now it seems i'm wrong, thankfully i only paid £2.50 for the thing !

I find these don't need ironing OR pressing:

http://www.hawaiianluauparty.com/product.cfm?productid=22

Kinky hotel sex.

yes thats a point

Possibly a requirement under the rating guide for hotels.

hmm, could be right.

cause i always thought i can stick the trousers in and tada no ironing, but thats not it at all is it, its just to put the line crease in on already perfectly smooth ironed pair.

i think schools should teach this, after useless subjects like IT how about a double of 'things you never really need to buy because they're not what you think they are'

I think that might be your problem there!!

I guess the heavy duty ones probably work as they're what you always see in the back of the chinese laundries in the flicks.

you know, you have to be careful about purchasing things like trouser presses, might trigger a mid-life crisis as you begin to wonder at what point the purchase seemed like a good idea.

The wrong trousers.

They work fine for me (I got mine free) Take suitable care when you hang the trousers in the trouser press. Chuck them in any old how and you get the problem you describe. It helps if you use them moderately regularly. If you wait until the trousers are a shapeless mass there's no way they can lie flat to be pressed ... nothing but the dry cleaners will solve it.

Oh and pressing good trousers through a damp cloth will avoid the shininess an iron can cause.

Well, normally the dry cleaner takes care of pressing your trousers with proper press, all your press at home does is store the trousers safely for the next day so there are no crumply accidents and they also refresh the pressedness of the garment, meaning you need to take them down the dry cleaner less frequently than would otherwise be the case.

If you have to turn up looking smart @ work, a trouser press is not a bad thing to own.

yes thats a point

hmm, could be right.

cause i always thought i can stick the trousers in and tada no ironing, but thats not it at all is it, its just to put the line crease in on already perfectly smooth ironed pair.

i think schools should teach this, after useless subjects like IT how about a double of 'things you never really need to buy because they're not what you think they are'

Just get a Betterware catalogue. 150 items you have no earthly use for.

you know, you have to be careful about purchasing things like trouser presses, might trigger a mid-life crisis as you begin to wonder at what point the purchase seemed like a good idea.

It's that moment when you think 'Radio 2 is playing some pretty trendy music these days'.

Guest AuntJess

I find the TP useful but only for certain types of pants. Polyester pre-creased do OK as they lie pretty flat: Jeans too. Thin cotton trousers get in a ruck - no matter HOW you flatten them aforehand. <_<

My polyester viscose ones I run over with the iron. the TP seems to press creases into those - or press a new slightly 'off' crease down the front, which clashes with the original.

i think hotels get them free, 10 for every shoe polisher they buy

It's that moment when you think 'Radio 2 is playing some pretty trendy music these days'.

Or those beige old man jackets in M & S are 'smart but casual'. I was thinking this just the other day.

And the moment when you walk through M&S menswear, and say "Hey! Those corduroy slacks look stylish!"