House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CrashedOutAndBurned

Local Council Stasi To Invade Homeschool Homes

The trouble with social engineering and a watered down curriculum designed to turn people into passive, unthinking drones is that people eventually realise what's afoot and decide to take education into their own hands. You therefore need to forcibly enter peoples homes and demand that their kid receive the same educational lobotomy as all the other proles.

New Labour are totalitarian scumbags and we're all going to pay for not nipping them in the bud years ago.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/55065...-liberties.html

For the first time, local councils will have the power to enter family homes and question young children, under new plans.

They will also be able to order under-16s to school if there are fears about their safety or quality of education.

Families' groups said they were "absolutely devastated" by the move, claiming it undermined their freedom to educate children beyond state control.

Annette Taberner, from the group Education Otherwise, said: "To suggest parents can continue to home educate but then give powers to local authorities to enter our homes and interview our children without an adult being present is just extraordinary. This is nothing short of an attempt to regulate the private lives of people.

The trouble with social engineering and a watered down curriculum designed to turn people into passive, unthinking drones is that people eventually realise what's afoot and decide to take education into their own hands. You therefore need to forcibly enter peoples homes and demand that their kid receive the same educational lobotomy as all the other proles.

New Labour are totalitarian scumbags and we're all going to pay for not nipping them in the bud years ago.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/55065...-liberties.html

same thing happening in th US,canada,australia,germany....i could go on.

are you sure it's just NuLabour's fault???

Guest AuntJess

Much as I'd love to slag off NuLab. I can't see what is wrong with visiting homes to see if the schooling is OK. It is after all part of accountability.

In schools teachers - and lesson quality - is assessed by inspectors, and whilst I think that most of the latter are as much use as chocolate teapots, I think that for someone to go into homes to see what is happening, is a good thing.

Accountability. Let's face it, children are suffering every day, because no one is on the case of their psychopathic parents.

Home schooling could be just another excuse - for some folks - to hide the way they treat their children from the world.

Teachers were once a way of monitoring home conditions, with vulnerable kids. Like the one below.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/K...115297162?f=rss

It is bad enough that these kids slip thru' the safety net, when they attend school. :(

My parents taught me to read and write to a basic level at age 3/4.. still went to school though and did great. I find the religious conditioning a lot more offensive than the state conditioning, which doesn't really exist in a significant fashion.

Nothing wrong with a bit of supplemental teaching on the side, if you're worried about brainwashing then feel free to counter it in your own time.

Wot and the Con's are any better ?

it's not a questions of one side or the other when they are all in bed togeather it's the game that needs to be stopped as it's all about enslaving the mases and giving MP's, Judges and lawyers more money and gold plated pensions.

My kids all know th queen is rich and i can not aford to take them out sometimes because i have to pay taxes to give her more money so that's some of my home teaching.

Guest anorthosite

And if they don't check on the kids then some will be abuse victims and then when one of the incidents hits the headlines you'll all be on here screaming about how useless the social services are...

Much as I'd love to slag off NuLab. I can't see what is wrong with visiting homes to see if the schooling is OK. It is after all part of accountability.

In schools teachers - and lesson quality - is assessed by inspectors, and whilst I think that most of the latter are as much use as chocolate teapots, I think that for someone to go into homes to see what is happening, is a good thing.

Accountability. Let's face it, children are suffering every day, because no one is on the case of their psychopathic parents.

Home schooling could be just another excuse - for some folks - to hide the way they treat their children from the world.

I wonder, how many cases of serious abuse or incompetent teaching have taken place in homeschooling families?

And just on the side, most offspring-hating nutters would not bother homeschooling at all...!

All in all, this is a pointless waste of resources that would be far better put to use policing the messed up families that need help instead of haranguing functional families with controls and red tape.

Guest AuntJess
I wonder, how many cases of serious abuse or incompetent teaching have taken place in homeschooling families?

And just on the side, most offspring-hating nutters would not bother homeschooling at all...!

All in all, this is a pointless waste of resources that would be far better put to use policing the messed up families that need help instead of haranguing functional families with controls and red tape.

I agree. I do feel tho', that ANY area which is not in some way held accountable, is subject to malpractice.

My kids all know th queen is rich and i can not aford to take them out sometimes because i have to pay taxes to give her more money so that's some of my home teaching.

Yeah, that 50p a year would have given them a cracking day out once a week.

[/b]I agree. I do feel tho', that ANY area which is not in some way held accountable, is subject to malpractice.

How far will you go in persuit of 100% safety for all?

So much in life is unaccountable, with the same idea you'd have teachers starting to patrol the homes and search the fridges for 'naughty foods' and the computers for unsavory games (and pr0n), and also, make sure that every child has a quiet study corner and dedicated study time. At some point you just have to trust people to not be heineous bastewards.

What should be happening is that kids sit the exams just like all the other kids (and I would be surprised if they don't), and that really is the way to hold parents accountable.