House Price Crash Forum
markinspain

Spain: Paradise Lost

In Part 2 -

He tells the programme: “Marbella is a very, very fashionable place to go. It's very sexy and a lot of quality people live there.â€

Gott im himmel let me off this planet!!! - The guy must have had a bit part in 'Marbella Belles'

When you build homes/communities you need to build the infrastructure to run alongside it...schools, hospitals, shops, roads, rail, jobs, water, electricity.

You can not build bleak concrete structures each with their own stagnant pool in the middle of nowhere and expect people to buy it...or can you? ;)

Nice find, id love to leave here for spain so will be very interested in this. Thank you.

Why.....? (know it works for you MIS)

1. Do you speak the language?

2. Do you equate quality of life with sun?

3. What do you do for a living that will pay you more in Spain?

4. Can you buy a better living environment in Spain than the one you have now?

Genuine questions am really interested

Edited by Greg Bowman

When you build homes/communities you need to build the infrastructure to run alongside it...schools, hospitals, shops, roads, rail, jobs, water, electricity.

You can not build bleak concrete structures each with their own stagnant pool in the middle of nowhere and expect people to buy it...or can you? ;)

I nearly bought in Spain in 2006 but thought again after seeing a newbuild house we viewed a year before with a new dual carriageway that had just appeared at the bottom of the garden. Planning laws in Spain are a joke. Back in 06 they were just waiting for the next British idiot to buy into the dream which invariably resulted in buying a pile of shite that no Spaniard would ever consider as it was on a flood plain or future motorway route. Bought in France instead - several acres 400yo buildings that arn't going anywhere and a real community.

I nearly bought in Spain in 2006 but thought again after seeing a newbuild house we viewed a year before with a new dual carriageway that had just appeared at the bottom of the garden. Planning laws in Spain are a joke. Back in 06 they were just waiting for the next British idiot to buy into the dream which invariably resulted in buying a pile of shite that no Spaniard would ever consider as it was on a flood plain or future motorway route. Bought in France instead - several acres 400yo buildings that arn't going anywhere and a real community.

Good for you...enjoy.

Many, sad to say left their brain on the plane. ;)

Bump! Let me know if it's just schadenfraude or real news.

Mark, I'm in shock!

Does this mean you don't have the oversize dish pointing at Astra2?!!! :)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I took the length of a commercial break to read the script for both weeks, so why bother spending two hours checking on the acting ability?

........... then again...over-flowing sewers & taped up electric cables.....hmm, this could be real reality tv

Mark, I'm in shock!

Does this mean you don't have the oversize dish pointing at Astra2?!!! :)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I took the length of a commercial break to read the script for both weeks, so why bother spending two hours checking on the acting ability?

........... then again...over-flowing sewers & taped up electric cables.....hmm, this could be real reality tv

Er no. I've only got a little portable that's only used for the biased news and occasional football match. Just interested what they are saying about Spain in the UK these days.

Television drug of the nation! :lol:

Salesman to some Yorkshire older woman.

This is the deal of a lifetime, you will never buy one cheaper, they arent accepting offers, the best penthouse available. It was 350k and now its a steal at 295k - very near the bottom of the drops.

Blah, blah, Blah, blah, Blah, blah

Salesman to some Yorkshire older woman.

What a t0sser he was. Fortunately she seems to be made of sterner stuff.

Guest spp

She's a HPC er...Not having any of it...yet.

This is one video I will never forget..spanish ghost town -

A must watch IMO.

:ph34r:

Edited by spp

Its all about greed and thinking property values only go up.

He bought it without even seeing the place. He didnt even use it for his own holidays.

I agree - foolish to the extreme.

It's not that not decent people; its that they've taken very bad decisions, because of their ignorance of risk, and a sense that everyone could make money. You were damn unpopular (even within families) if you took an opposing line.

Its all about greed and thinking property values only go up.

It's all about horrible teeth from what I've seen of them. Expensive ridiculous sunglasses and teeth like a row of abandoned Spanish villas.

Living in Spain looks a right barrel of laughs.

Notice these idiots are all of the same generation. Yes, they were young in the late 60s/early 70s when going to Spain for your hols was considered the height of sophistication. As for living there, well, you'd have really made it in life!

lol.

Not all in Spain is a lost dream...if you buy in an established Spanish community, what you see is what you get...never buy on a promised empty dream, a figment of the imagination. ;)