House Price Crash Forum
markinspain

Spain: Paradise Lost

She's a HPC er...Not having any of it...yet.

This is one video I will never forget..spanish ghost town -

A must watch IMO.

:ph34r:

that is frightening and sickening. So many people in the world living in slums and ................................

£400 000 Euros for a poxy flat in Spain, are they mad.

I wouldn't pay anything for a property in Spain given the land grab and the myriad other chances of being stitched up. Not forgetting the criminals that target foreigners.

That last scene sums up the property market right now perfectly

The buyer puts in an offer below what the seller wants. The seller holds firm because they paid such and such for it.

The buyer walks away because they know there will be a cheap one round the corner.

The seller is p*ssed off but ultimately through their own stupidity will continue to chase the market down.

Oh Hamish are you watching?

that is frightening and sickening. So many people in the world living in slums and ................................

Who says it comes with electricity, water, gas, phone or broadband...and will the toilet flush?

The guys response to that womans low offer.. 'I paid X for it so Im not selling it for that'

The market doesn't care what you paid! They don't get any smarter after they've bought do they.

The guys response to that womans low offer.. 'I paid X for it so Im not selling it for that'

The market doesn't care what you paid! They don't get any smarter after they've bought do they.

Kinda sums up capitalism...

we got cheap pushy repo auction ads in the ad breaks (North west)

The old girl decided to rent at the end :D

He's on his turd broom now...

Haha.....gotta love old Wally though eh? Looks like that boxing trainer...Brendan Ingle.

What about the 'Lacky' boy...changing lives and making peoples dreams come true....sounds like Naboo from the Mighty Boosh and looks like he wears a touch of eye liner ...be lacky be brief FFS!

Edited by kengan

I agree - foolish to the extreme.

It's not that not decent people; its that they've taken very bad decisions, because of their ignorance of risk, and a sense that everyone could make money. You were damn unpopular (even within families) if you took an opposing line.

I found it very very sad. And yes, it was impossible to warn people 4 years ago against this kind of folly. This is saddening me a lot now.

Thanks for your posts. Nothing new then,really. The foolish get ripped off by the unscrupulous everywhere not just in Spain. I'll bump it next week to see if part 2 has anything interesting to say.

The pain in Spain falls mainly on the brainless...

None of them could actually afford the lifestyle they so admired in the first place. Mortgage debts and credit, debts and credit, debts and credit.... bar keepers and builder's labourers.. those salesmen and EA's couldn't believe their luck..

"I'm on my third broom, you know..."

Let's hope he meets up with the old Yorkshire boiler in the F**k Me Pedro! sunglasses.

They may have a future...

FFS

Edited by juvenal

" I feel in love with it" - NEVER EVER use those words with regards property, Mandy. You will PAY for it.

You can only fall in love with a person. Not a dog, not a car, not a house.

Felt sorry for all of them. They were just chasing their dream of a home by the sea and maybe some profit thrown in for good measure. None of them set out to screw or dupe anyone like politicians or bankers. They were just taken in by the hype. Classic mania phase of a bubble. Very very sad.

Disagree. f*ck them all...every single person who bought a property this decade contributed to pricing me out the market...

As an old cynic, I admit my ******** radar is set pretty high, but that 'dream seller' in the last shot ...!?

Anybody who buys ANYTHING off that man is asking for trouble.

Disagree. f*ck them all...every single person who bought a property this decade contributed to pricing me out the market...

You cant be much of a 'Trader'boy then. Most of your lot have been largin it for the last ten years....................................

I found it very very sad. And yes, it was impossible to warn people 4 years ago against this kind of folly. This is saddening me a lot now.

Although I do want to feel sorry for them, I remember trying to explain to people at work that house prices would crash back down. Not a single person believed me, many thought to attempt to ridicule me.

I remember printing off one of the graphs off here showing house prices against salary multipliers. I was told "you can make a graph show anything."

They should send all those immigrants back. They don't learn the language, they don't even eat our Paella, they bring loads of cocaine dealers here like the Adams' and weed dealers like Howard Marks and they smash up our coastline and piss and vomit everywhere f@cking immigrant scum. Facking feral vermin, need a good Mein Kampf up the jacksie, kick a few kids and women about to show them who is the master race...viva Espana!!!

And when you buy a property you will also contribute to pricing everyone else out of the market. So f*ck you too :P

They should send all those immigrants back. They don't learn the language, they don't even eat our Paella, they bring loads of cocaine dealers here like the Adams' and weed dealers like Howard Marks and they smash up our coastline and piss and vomit everywhere f@cking immigrant scum. Facking feral vermin, need a good Mein Kampf up the jacksie, kick a few kids and women about to show them who is the master race...viva Espana!!!

Screw labour and libdems, I'm joining the Spanish far right.. know what they're talking about those fellas! :lol:

They do enrich the culture though...I mean the language, El Corte Ingles, our quaint customs, music, the exotic food.... good old British Chicken Tikka is probably Spain's most popular dish now after Fish and Chips of course

Edited by kengan