House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Foundthelight

Beckenham

Can anybody please give me a heads up on Beckenham? A few people have said it’s quite nice with quick links into London.

Ta

I lived there for a couple of years approx 10 years ago. It's a very middle class area with good facilities. Victoria Station and London Bridge is approx 25mins away on the Train.

I was interested in the following property until the estate agent told me that it's for cash buyers only.

http://www.findaproperty.com/displayprop.a...amp;pid=4088786

I would recommend Beckenham to anyone, especially if they have/are thinking of starting a family.

I lived there for a couple of years approx 10 years ago. It's a very middle class area with good facilities. Victoria Station and London Bridge is approx 25mins away on the Train.

I was interested in the following property until the estate agent told me that it's for cash buyers only.

http://www.findaproperty.com/displayprop.a...amp;pid=4088786

I would recommend Beckenham to anyone, especially if they have/are thinking of starting a family.

Nice house. Thanks for your comments, going to have a look around tomorrow. How do Clockhouse, Elmers End and Eden Park compare?

Nice house. Thanks for your comments, going to have a look around tomorrow. How do Clockhouse, Elmers End and Eden Park compare?

All three of those are nice but you are limiting your transport options there, they are on the Hayes branch line which is a good service but only goes in to the London Bridge/Charing Cross. That may or may not be an option for you.

All three of those are nice but you are limiting your transport options there, they are on the Hayes branch line which is a good service but only goes in to the London Bridge/Charing Cross. That may or may not be an option for you.

Hi,

How would you compare the Beckenham to Bromley town centre? (in terms of price of 3/4 bed houses, shops, facilities, travel, green space, residents/community)

We are planning to move there within the next year/2 years to hopefully coincide with the price drops we feel is coming this coming winter and at the moment we've been mainly looking at Bromley.

Primary concern is the quality of state schools. The 2 schools we're considering are:

Beckenham - Park Langley

Bromley - The Ravensbourne School

Look forward to people's opinions. :)

Cheers,

C2B

Hi,

How would you compare the Beckenham to Bromley town centre? (in terms of price of 3/4 bed houses, shops, facilities, travel, green space, residents/community)

We are planning to move there within the next year/2 years to hopefully coincide with the price drops we feel is coming this coming winter and at the moment we've been mainly looking at Bromley.

Primary concern is the quality of state schools. The 2 schools we're considering are:

Beckenham - Park Langley

Bromley - The Ravensbourne School

Look forward to people's opinions. :)

Cheers,

C2B

Don't have kids so schools have never been an issue for me, so have no idea on that front.

Bromley town centre is much bigger than Beckenham, got all the chains where as Beckenham is more independent shops, but there is still plenty of choice, easily enough to not have to go in to Bromley (or elsewhere) that often. I'd say Beckenham is slightly more up market, both shop and housing wise but both are pretty good.

For me they are in that bracket of nice areas but not that expensive (when compared with areas in other parts of London). Green space plenty in both areas, travel depends exactly where you are, close to Beckenham Junction and New Beckenham and you have a very decent choice of train service. In Bromley don't bother with Bromley North from what I remember it goes to Grove Park and back so requires a change, Bromley South has good fast services to Victoria and the local bus routes all tend to go to Bromley South.

As for community, I'd say Beckenham is 'older' and a bit more up market than Bromley.

All my opinion of course.

Bromley town centre is much bigger than Beckenham, got all the chains where as Beckenham is more independent shops, but there is still plenty of choice, easily enough to not have to go in to Bromley (or elsewhere) that often. I'd say Beckenham is slightly more up market, both shop and housing wise but both are pretty good.

gilf is right.

The Hayes line is pretty good for getting a seat on the train and for reliability. It runs on its own track from Lewisham so few problems. Take it to Cannon St or Charing Cross.

Apart from Chiselhurst, Beckenham is about the best place in outer South-East London. Like everywhere, be careful you don't stray over the invisible boundary.

The only problem I ever had with Beckenham is that it is an absolute pain to drive anywhere outside of London from. Getting to Heathrow or anywhere West or North is a real pain. There aren't any good roads out or in from Beckenham without going through Croydon or Bromley.