House Price Crash Forum
redgenieuk

I Have Cracked. Cracked And Bought A House Today.

The time has finally come! I have bought a house after many months of looking and trying to find the bargain I wanted.

Its happened. I paid the reservation fee today.

Its a 5 bed, 3 story, brand new house. OMFG. excited and scared at the same time!

Only time will tell if its the right thing to do!

The time has finally come! I have bought a house after many months of looking and trying to find the bargain I wanted.

Its happened. I paid the reservation fee today.

Its a 5 bed, 3 story, brand new house. OMFG. excited and scared at the same time!

Only time will tell if its the right thing to do!

I guess if you can buy such a big house, you can probably afford it.

Good luck.

nice one!

since you'll probably lose interest in this site could you please pin the Gilts thread before you do? :rolleyes:

Guest theboltonfury

Does that mean you'll turn bull now and start moderating accordingly?

I Hope you're happy there, WellandPower. We certainly don't regret buying a couple of months back.

Mind you, I'm still expecting more falls but I did suspect that the bull trap would appear about now. So it was either buy now or wait even longer until the falls resume, at which point this house might have sold anyway, so we'd have missed the boad.

Congratulations, have a happy home and thanks for everything here on HPC!!!

Someone asked if you were going to become a Bull. LOL, it's just that the time was right for you, I nearly bought a few months back knowing full well what was to come.

Again, enjoy your home.

HM

As Bubb, says, its the sweet spot for sales.

lets hope its sweet for you.

STR fund or Mortgage? If latter, what did you choose?

Part STR Part Savings Part Mortgage.

I was going to have a 4.5% HSBC 5 year fix, but I think its been pulled! :angry:

I guess if you can buy such a big house, you can probably afford it.

Good luck.

I hope to god I can! The deposit has helped but really not too much i hope.

nice one!

since you'll probably lose interest in this site could you please pin the Gilts thread before you do? :rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nice try, but I'll not lose interest and sorry i can't do that.

Mind you if you don't ask you don't get, but still no.

The bet of luck to you.

Can you give us more details; price, reduction, location etc... ?

Yes I don't see why not.

Its in PE11, its 165K now.

I walked the estate before I decide to find identical properties and looked them up on nethouseprices. The most expensive one seemed to sell for was 230K. A couple at 207K in 2007.

So I think I am about 20% off 2007 price.

The house I am buying has a bigger plot than the 2007 one, but same sized house.

I also have got a few little extras i got chucked in, but not that expensive, maybe another 1K worth.

Does that mean you'll turn bull now and start moderating accordingly?

No, not bull for sure.

I might consider turning neutral in September if the market has stayed flat.

I am not sure there won't be another fall over the winter.

I do think I have got the best possible price on this house however and as such i am not too worried wither way.

Unlucky regarding your premature ejaculation :P , good luck with the newbuild :blink:

It was an impusle buy TBH.

I went yesterday to have a look. I liked the house and it had solid, rather than stud walls, except on the top floor. Thats something I wanted and hadn't seen on a new build for a while.

I also wanted it to be a bit bigger than I needed, the 3 beds were going to set me back 135 so the extra 30 seemed like the right thing to do.

Anyway, I went back this afternoon while the Mrs was doing an essay and just bought it.

They said the list price was the list price, then she suggested I offer 5K less and I said I might offer something. She said choose the price and I offered 15K below. (They reduced all the prices 10K last week also mind you, and were considerably higher before that!) and I felt that was the price i should be paying.

So I said the 15K less and she said they wouldn't take it. I said she needed to make the call while I looked at it again and she did. When I came back she said they had said yes!

It was an impusle buy TBH.

I went yesterday to have a look. I liked the house and it had solid, rather than stud walls, except on the top floor. Thats something I wanted and hadn't seen on a new build for a while.

I also wanted it to be a bit bigger than I needed, the 3 beds were going to set me back 135 so the extra 30 seemed like the right thing to do.

Anyway, I went back this afternoon while the Mrs was doing an essay and just bought it.

They said the list price was the list price, then she suggested I offer 5K less and I said I might offer something. She said choose the price and I offered 15K below. (They reduced all the prices 10K last week also mind you, and were considerably higher before that!) and I felt that was the price i should be paying.

So I said the 15K less and she said they wouldn't take it. I said she needed to make the call while I looked at it again and she did. When I came back she said they had said yes!

If you're both happy and can afford it, that is most important, sincere good luck to you both :)

Just be diligent when snagging the place, but you probably know that already.

£165k for a 5 bed house. :lol:

Can't even get a nice one bed flat for that in Watford.......The waiting here continues.........

£165k for a 5 bed house. :lol:

I thought it was VERY cheap too. Around my area that same house (a new build) would cost around £400,000, a victorian 5 bed for circa £500,000 :blink:

Edited by Eiji

I thought it was VERY cheap too. Around my area that same house (a new build) would cost around £400,000, a victorian 5 bed for circa £500,000 :blink:

course when the builder goes bust, the road will forever be unmade, the guarantee worthless and the remaining plots dens for all sorts.

We lived on such an estate from 1988 to 1992. they finally finshed the estate (about 40 houses) in around 1998.

Friends of ours moved near Lincoln some time ago, the differential was very large then as well.

We all have to make our own decisions. I really hope your mortgage (if you needed one) is very affordable - and good luck! Enjoy your home - and enjoy the ride. :D

(At the moment I don't want one. If I ever buy, I expect it to be near the bottom in 2012-13 - but who knows, circumstances change. Maybe a "Mrs Durch" will appear tomorrow and will want to nest. We are in the lap of the gods.)

Are you hoping a Mrs Durch, with nesting tendencies, will appear?

course when the builder goes bust, the road will forever be unmade, the guarantee worthless and the remaining plots dens for all sorts.

We lived on such an estate from 1988 to 1992. they finally finshed the estate (about 40 houses) in around 1998.

Friends of ours moved near Lincoln some time ago, the differential was very large then as well.

A privately owned builder however, they might go bust but are still building and selling, just in more normal volumes I would guess.

So fingers crossed its ok.

It it doesn happen, I paid 70K less than someone else for the same build, so I'll not lose too much sleep.