House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
linope

Longbenton

The new homes from Yuill in Longbenton look ideal for a family but we don't know the area. I've read the few postings on Longbenton on this site but any thoughts? Schools aren't an issue (at the moment). I've heard that this area was not one of the safer parts of Newcastle in the past but I would appreciate some other thoughts on that.

Sounds like you've already got a little bit of a handle on it.

Basically, that area used to be truly awful. A den of violence, arson and disorder. Since the new development there's been a bit of an influx of young families, but there is still a high concentration of social housing there and it is somewhere I would not be comfortable with my kids walking through at night.

They're less convenient for transport links, but for a similar budget you can get similar houses in Killingworth and West Moor, or slightly smaller places in Benton and Heaton. I would reccommend you take a look at these before making a decision.

Yeah, have a good look round. Some good some bad. I would feel safe in even the worst bits, I just would make sure the car door was locked!

I have a mate in Plamersville. That's ok really. Just stay away from the worst bits!

Phoney

Mate of mine moved into a semi in the "Land of the Crispy Pancake". His neighbours were, to use his words, "Knackaz" and the walls of his new build were very thin.