House Price Crash Forum
Guest มร หล&#3

So If You Had

Guest มร หล&#3
If you had a shedload of money, why the heck would you want to live in the UK?

Okay, go on then. Anywhere, but also include a place in the UK.

I would buy several places in a range of cities including central London, Canterbury, Brighton, Reading and Bristol, ooh, and Oxford & Cambridge and stupid Windsor so i could see what was best.

i would not move overseas but i might get a holiday home in Brazil, Australia and might try out some part of africa, maybe singapore.

i would also by a place in Amsterdam near the girls.

Okay, go on then. Anywhere, but also include a place in the UK.

Well, if it was a big shedload, my first choice would be Monte Carlo.

Hmm, if was restricted to the UK can I choose a big Yacht based out of Portsmouth?

Guest มร หล&#3
I would buy several places in a range of cities including central London, Canterbury, Brighton, Reading and Bristol, ooh, and Oxford & Cambridge and stupid Windsor so i could see what was best.

i would not move overseas but i might get a holiday home in Brazil, Australia and might try out some part of africa, maybe singapore.

i would also by a place in Amsterdam near the girls.

Not sure about Reading, but good choices. Bristol has always been underrated.

Singapore! Talk to Dave Spart about that one.

Buckingham Palace.

I could throw pennies at the plebs walking past all day.

Lol.

Actually, if I were that financially inclined, I would buy Buckingham Palace and raze it to the ground and cover the earth with salt so that nothing would grow there.

If you had a shedload of money, why the heck would you want to live in the UK?

I would Stay living where I am because I love the uk. ;)

I would however buy a dream place in North Devon (Croyde bay) and use as a retreat, eventually retire and die there as well.

Guernsey would be my choice, its not strictly in the UK, although it is a British Crown Dependancy.

Housing is expensive, but they try to help local people by dividing the market between local market properties and open market properties. Anyone may live in an open market property, but local market properties can only be lived in by those who qualify - either through being born in Guernsey (to local parents), by obtaining a housing licence, or by virtue of sharing a property with someone who does qualify.

Unlike many countries, Guernsey has not delegated money-creation to the central bank and has instead issued interest-free money from 1822 to 1836, stimulating the growth of economy after Napoleon's wars without creating public debt and without increasing taxes.

edit: Also no VAT on silver.

Edited by enrieb

I would Stay living where I am because I love the uk. ;)

I would however buy a dream place in North Devon (Croyde bay) and use as a retreat, eventually retire and die there as well.

How about the Withnail and I cottage?

Guest มร หล&#3
Secret location in Devon where I could be self-sufficient and not see any chavs ever again.

Devon would be my choice too, Sarah. One of the little villages off the A39.

Guest BAREBEAR_soon to be ALIVA

I would live here , where I am in Surrey.

Having lived on the south coast ( very cliquey) Devon (no work and thick) Ipswich ( very thick ), I find this place about right because of the attitude. Most people have got work even in a downturn. I've never stood in a pub round here where no one speaks to you and looks at you if you were some sort of alien when you walk through the door as they do in the aforementioned places.

Guest มร หล&#3
I would live here , where I am in Surrey.

Having lived on the south coast ( very cliquey) Devon (no work and thick) Ipswich ( very thick ), I find this place about right because of the attitude. Most people have got work even in a downturn. I've never stood in a pub round here where no one speaks to you and looks at you if you were some sort of alien when you walk through the door as they do in the aforementioned places.

Last time I was out for a pint in Ewell Village a massive fight broke out in the pub. A naked bloke was climbing a lampost outside too.

I thought the place was awful.

Arundel is the most beautiful town I have visited in the UK. Not sure what the people are like to live with though. I once lived in the chocolate-box town of Stamford, Lincs, and it was a dreadful experience.

Maybe one of the nicer parts of North London. Or Lincoln, that I like a lot.

I've never stood in a pub round here where no one speaks to you and looks at you if you were some sort of alien when you walk through the door as they do in the aforementioned places.

soo.... youve started going to the pub with your clothes on??.... and your dog.

i thought you were going to go to the carribean with your guitar and play at restaurants? (i remember some stuff)

Last time I was out for a pint in Ewell Village a massive fight broke out in the pub. A naked bloke was climbing a lampost outside too.

I thought the place was awful.

And your problem is ? :lol:

What pub in Ewell village ? Bet it was the wine bar.

soo.... youve started going to the pub with your clothes on??.... and your dog.

i thought you were going to go to the carribean with your guitar and play at restaurants? (i remember some stuff)

That is for the future, got to get the family settled in jobs first.

Guest มร หล&#3
And your problem is ? :lol:

What pub in Ewell village ? Bet it was the wine bar.

Can't remember the name of the place. We'd been for a curry. It was definitely a pub though. Very, very violent place. I thought I was in Moss Side. :P