House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mega

Election Result In Iran........new Labour To Study It!

In 2005 Labour won the right to operate an elected dictatorship for five years on only 36% of the vote - who are we to lecture anyone about democracy?

Panic on the streets of Tehran

Sounds like a Morrissey cover version.

Panic on the streets of EsfahÄn

I wonder to myself

Could life ever be sane again ?

The Tabriz side-streets that you slip down

I wonder to myself

Hopes may rise on the Mashhad

But Honey Pie, you're not safe here

So you run down

To the safety of the town

But there's Panic on the streets of Orumieh

Kerman, Kashan, Hamedan

I wonder to myself

Not quite the same is it?

Sounds like a Morrissey cover version.

Panic on the streets of EsfahÄn

I wonder to myself

Could life ever be sane again ?

The Tabriz side-streets that you slip down

I wonder to myself

Hopes may rise on the Mashhad

But Honey Pie, you're not safe here

So you run down

To the safety of the town

But there's Panic on the streets of Orumieh

Kerman, Kashan, Hamedan

I wonder to myself

Not quite the same is it?

:lol::lol::lol:

Guest anorthosite
OMG! What a shit avatar you have there Flash Gordon.

I think we have found a replacement for Patprimer here HPCers!

Looks like it! Judging by its postings (I always talk about "it" in these circumstances, a legacy of dealing with Scarlets79) then its avatar is not meant to be ironic :o

Sorry but did anyone expect any other result to the election in Iran.

I don't know whether the result has been fixed but it wouldn't be a surprise, nobody will ever know unlike Zimbabwe the hardliners in Iran do not care about international opinion and they are a nuclear power.

From Amir Taheri in today's Times (15th June)

"The ministry rejected the idea of offering a measure of privacy for voters, who had to write down the name of their favoured candidate in front of election officers and groups of "toughs" supporting Ahmadinejad. Millions of illiterate voters had to rely on ministry officials and pro-Ahmadinejad militants to mark the ballot papers."

It would be impossible to rig a UK election.Too many people are committed to the democratic process and it would be rumbled immediately.Many have tried but it gets no further than tinkering at the edges.One attempt I know of in my area involved the Tories hijacking the votes of the elderly at one GE.I am sure however that these pathetic attempts to steal a tiny advantage are evenly balanced between the main parties.Of course they would only work where a majority was less than a hundred or so.Returning officers are pretty clued up at watching for,and spotting fraud.

It would be impossible to rig a UK election.Too many people are committed to the democratic process and it would be rumbled immediately.Many have tried but it gets no further than tinkering at the edges.One attempt I know of in my area involved the Tories hijacking the votes of the elderly at one GE.I am sure however that these pathetic attempts to steal a tiny advantage are evenly balanced between the main parties.Of course they would only work where a majority was less than a hundred or so.Returning officers are pretty clued up at watching for,and spotting fraud.

A whole general election maybe. But there is no doubt that rigging goes on in certain council wards, for example, in certain communities where postal votes are controlled by particular vested interests. An explosion of postal voting led to an explosion of fraud - that's why last time's experiment was canned. I've no doubt that organisation of this kind has also had an impact in the odd westminster marginal.

You can't allege fraud where certain high grievance volume groups are concerned - just not worth the bother.

A whole general election maybe. But there is no doubt that rigging goes on in certain council wards, for example, in certain communities where postal votes are controlled by particular vested interests. An explosion of postal voting led to an explosion of fraud - that's why last time's experiment was canned. I've no doubt that organisation of this kind has also had an impact in the odd westminster marginal.

You can't allege fraud where certain high grievance volume groups are concerned - just not worth the bother.

That would be a valid argument if it only happened one way,but it doesn't.Enthusiastic groups in all main parties have had a go at times.You would have needed to swing 20 seats in 1979 or 1992 to have influenced the result.