House Price Crash Forum

Summer Depression

HOLA441

anyone know what effects this great weather will have?

its making me depressed and desperate because i suck so much, but i dont think im the only one. will this great weather cause people to do rash things? spend more than they have, go for that boat/holiday/car they wanted and will that be the straw that breaks the camels back?

with all this great weather i feel that i should be doing something and that will cost money, and if you dont have money then all you can do is spend your savings or use the credit card.

also, how will it effect people trying to sell, surely they are already under alot of pressure and maybe going mad. conventional thought says the summer is supposed to cheer people up but they dont mention the other side of the coin. I think summer weather increases tension and people flip, one way or another.

Also it might make people happier to part with their property for less than they initially wanted, the feel good factor.

any thoughts?

Edited by 50%deposit

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
:lol:

can't you just play swingball in the garden or something FFS!

then i would have to look at the ugly neigbhours, they're all labour party plants.

anyway, i just went down the gym. squatted 90kg, 109kg leg extensions and 109kg leg opposite of extension, 102kg calf raises and 30 minutes on the running machine.

when i mean doing something i mean fecking cute girls so they're saying. oooh ooooh ooohh yeeeeassshh yeeeaarrrss

playing swingball is rubbish.

think i'll go and clean my guns.

HOLA445
HOLA446

There are plenty of things you can do for freeor very cheaply, a couple of ideas :

Exercise, walking or running does not require a Gym

Reading, I know Libraries are an old idea but they still exist and books can be bought cheap

Cleaning, this can be quite cathartic

Have a barbecue

Charity work

HOLA447
There are plenty of things you can do for freeor very cheaply, a couple of ideas :

Exercise, walking or running does not require a Gym

Reading, I know Libraries are an old idea but they still exist and books can be bought cheap

Cleaning, this can be quite cathartic

Have a barbecue

Charity work

jesus, thats not the point, what im saying is what effect will this summer have on the immediate market.

Could be that they totally forget their worries and have a great time, result being that house prices will not fall as readily, but im thinking that the great weather will drive up peoples desperation. They want to move right? To move to the next stage in life, the new room for the new kid. And the summer will just bring home their inadequacy. I went to view a property, it was a tiny newbuild semi house and they had a kid about 1 year old and basically the kid slept at the end of the bed in a cot, but they needed a house with an extra room. What im saying is that the summer will just be the trigger to make that more urgent, and as such drive up their need to move and so make them consider lower offers. they are getting desperate, an emotion driven by great weather. Great weather means you have to be moving forward, and if your not it can be pretty frustrating.

this thread is about the effects of great weather and summer on house prices, not about how much i suck, which lets face it, might or might not be greater than the degree to which you suck.

HOLA448
then i would have to look at the ugly neigbhours, they're all labour party plants.

anyway, i just went down the gym. squatted 90kg, 109kg leg extensions and 109kg leg opposite of extension, 102kg calf raises and 30 minutes on the running machine.

when i mean doing something i mean fecking cute girls so they're saying. oooh ooooh ooohh yeeeeassshh yeeeaarrrss

Sounds like you need to lay off the ephedrine for a while.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I just did 70 curls with 25pounds on the bar. Dont get arthritis, it means you have to exercise like a girly girl.

Are you another one who cleans guns that dont need cleaning? Why do we do that? I'm not sure I want to know.

HOLA4413
Great weather? Which part of the country are you in?

Stuck in the 'Donut' in Gloucestershire?

Anyone posting anything on HPC is a terrorist! :P

Senior GCHQ officials say - The new emphasis is on "knowledge-sharing"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2003/jun/10/terrorism.Whitehall

HOLA4414

doesn't anyone have anything to say about the effects of summer on house prices?

i think the summer can drive people insane, it has a different potency to winter, in winter admitting defeat is easier, but in summer theres no reason not to be a winner, but if your not then its damming.

what do house sellers think? Surely someone will buy my house, why is no one buying my house? What do they think each day? What do they think when a person comes round to view it? And what effect does the summer have on that.

summer releases vitimen c and drugs in your body that make you feel good, apparently, but all i can see is a mad rush of people trying to do stuff. they are mad, they are impetious, they seem to be irrational. the outsoors was there before in the winter? why now?

again, i think that people really want to be growing in the summer and if they are in the old house they cant grow, they want to be in the new house, they want to be going forward.

i dont underatand it which is why i did the thread but i know theres something to it.

HOLA4415

I think the weather does have an effect on house prices. Annual 'Spring bounce' being the prime example.

People just feel more confident and happy. More likely to buy that new car, set of golf clubs or even a new house.

The 'F#ck it - why not' attitude is helped by a bit of sun and short sleeves.

HOLA4416

YOU NEED HELP....

:wacko:

HOLA4417
I think the weather does have an effect on house prices. Annual 'Spring bounce' being the prime example.

People just feel more confident and happy. More likely to buy that new car, set of golf clubs or even a new house.

The 'F#ck it - why not' attitude is helped by a bit of sun and short sleeves.

mmmm, i was thinking more along the lines of people making rash decisions because of the sun.

i just noted tat people seem more on edge, more short tempered, sitting in their cars going nowhere,.

i think people might be more likely to put houses on the market instead of holding back, but also accepting sub par offers. Losses might not look so bad when the sun is out.

HOLA4418
mmmm, i was thinking more along the lines of people making rash decisions because of the sun.

i just noted tat people seem more on edge, more short tempered, sitting in their cars going nowhere,.

i think people might be more likely to put houses on the market instead of holding back, but also accepting sub par offers. Losses might not look so bad when the sun is out.

I reckon people are generally happier in the sun. Maybe not. I reckon people are more at edge in the depressing cold winter !!

Or maybe that is just me... :ph34r:

HOLA4419
anyone know what effects this great weather will have?

its making me depressed and desperate because i suck so much, but i dont think im the only one. will this great weather cause people to do rash things? spend more than they have, go for that boat/holiday/car they wanted and will that be the straw that breaks the camels back?

with all this great weather i feel that i should be doing something and that will cost money, and if you dont have money then all you can do is spend your savings or use the credit card.

also, how will it effect people trying to sell, surely they are already under alot of pressure and maybe going mad. conventional thought says the summer is supposed to cheer people up but they dont mention the other side of the coin. I think summer weather increases tension and people flip, one way or another.

Also it might make people happier to part with their property for less than they initially wanted, the feel good factor.

any thoughts?

Yep, I think there is solid truth in the "feelgood" factor caused by the weather. The current Spring Bounce in housing activity is a good example of that. Of course, many equally idiotic factors come into play, like "hey, the bank is giving me poor interest on my cash, so I'll go and throw it all away on a depreciating property", but that's the stupidity of people in this country. Redundancy? Nah, that just happens to other folk; I'm safe;my boss loves me; etc., etc.

All you can do is keep the faith. Once the weather turns, and the reality hits home, it's going to be a pretty bleak picture going forward. The government bailouts can't/won't last forever.

Nomadd

HOLA4420