House Price Crash Forum
Valerius

Buyers Beware As Confident Home Sellers Start To Hold Out For The Asking Price

We tried to warn them. ALWAYS buy before the bottom is reached, not during it, or after......

Choice of the best properties, negotiating power, and access to the best rates all evaporate as soon as the market has bottomed, or thinks it is about to.

Silly Bears. :lol:

We tried to warn them. ALWAYS buy before the bottom is reached, not during it, or after......

Choice of the best properties, negotiating power, and access to the best rates all evaporate as soon as the market has bottomed, or thinks it is about to.

Oh, there you are. I thought Valerius was never going to post this one. Shall I start trolling on this one or do you want me to go back to the other thread like we agreed earlier?

Yep..Despite the warnings here we are again, mortgages have started costing more over the term of the loan even though prices have dipped.

Now sellers will not accept silly offers...

This is what happen when too much group-think takes over...

wake me up when all the excess debt has been worked through (defaulted or repaid) zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yep..Despite the warnings here we are again, mortgages have started costing more over the term of the loan even though prices have dipped.

Now sellers will not accept silly offers...

This is what happen when too much group-think takes over...

Stupid bears, you have missed the boat!

(How was that Valerius - will I get some red hair now?)

Yep better buy now before interest rates go up, because if IR's go up then House Prices must go .... err umm hold on sorry forget that.

Wow, EAs saying blah, blah, blah about house prices and how they are getting asking prices.

Must be true... must be.

X5 via Barclaycard here I come. I have painted my front room - that'll cover it.

Yep better buy now before interest rates go up, because if IR's go up then House Prices must go .... err umm hold on sorry forget that.

a colleague used that argument on me today... should have bought recently to take the opportunity to lock into a nice low rate for a long period, going forwards i'll apparently face the double downer of high rates and high prices.

In the same article:

"However, fears are growing that the apparent swing in the housing market could be choked off as the cost of borrowing rises sharply.

Banks and building societies have blamed the rising costs of wholesale borrowing on money markets, which are used to fund lending to customers."

Only one way now for the rates and exactly the opposite way for the houses

lol... all the excitement over this is funny... we all knew there would be a bull trap. We all knew it would be about now.

But many people are still convinced prices will "recover" now.

It's almost funny.

In the same article:

"However, fears are growing that the apparent swing in the housing market could be choked off as the cost of borrowing rises sharply.

Banks and building societies have blamed the rising costs of wholesale borrowing on money markets, which are used to fund lending to customers."

Only one way now for the rates and exactly the opposite way for the houses

You idiot Val, I told you not to post this one! :angry: Now we look stupid! :angry: Next time liaise with either Rinoa or me first before you spam this site. Got it?

Nationwide, Britain's biggest building society, raised rates on its fixed-rate deals by up to 0.86 percentage points yesterday. The interest rate on a five-year fix will jump from 4.78 per cent to 5.64 per cent despite the Bank of England base rate remaining unchanged at 0.5 per cent.

Rival lenders, including Cheltenham & Gloucester and Northern Rock, followed suit. Halifax and Abbey, Britain's biggest mortgage lenders, are preparing to increase mortgage rates next week.

REALITY_SLAP_L.jpg

REALITY_SLAP_L.jpg

these bulls do seem to forget that the stampeding retards are also fighting over funding, not just pwoperdee.

they can keep their stupid houses, i'm not buying anything at these inflated rates, id rather sit on my money until im old and then retire on the interest.

im going to buy cash, regardless. i hate house holders and their mortgages and all that.

if things were proper you could call them up now, say i like it and right a cheque there and them. but no, they have to play stupid cakes and force the price such that no one can actually afford to buy, they have to take out borrowing from a bank and enslave themselves forever.

when im king all houses will be housing will be affordable and banks will not do mortgages and no one will be able to own more than 1 house.

Sorry to be naive but you're not really a bull at all, are you Val? I like the idea of pretending to be one though...like having a secret alter ego with a degree in Business Studies and Leisure Wear from Milton Friedman College of Numbercrunching, working as an estate agent and driving a flash chavvy ride, innit.

Wow, EAs saying blah, blah, blah about house prices and how they are getting asking prices.

Must be true... must be.

X5 via Barclaycard here I come. I have painted my front room - that'll cover it.

All property bee needs is to allow people to validate house number and postcodes for places to tie in with land reg details. then we can see exactly what sells for what

Makes no odds. What the bulls don't get is this is not a situation where come what may I must buy a house. It is that when the price is right I will buy. If prices never become right I will never buy. I don't have to own a house. I just have to live somewhere, so I rent.

The only thing you get from trying to pick the bottom is s@*t on your fingers! :lol::lol::lol:

Makes no odds. What the bulls don't get is this is not a situation where come what may I must buy a house. It is that when the price is right I will buy. If prices never become right I will never buy. I don't have to own a house. I just have to live somewhere, so I rent.

My feelings too. I am debt free, and enjoy the fact I am mobile and have no ties to anyone. I can fuÑk off from this country at a moments notice. It feels good.