House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pyracantha

Applecross In Administration

"J B Cartwright and G D Frost have been appointed as Joint Administrators of Applecross Developments (Edinburgh) Limited to manage its affairs, business and property as it agents. As such they contract without personal liability. J B Cartwright and G D Frost are licensed to act as insolvency practitioners by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland."

http://www.applecross.co.uk/

They "developed" the old Williamwood High secondary school site in Clarkston. I think just 2 sold. Overpriced town houses in suburbia - great thinking!

Looks like Crutchie's bounce is a way off...

Edited by pyracantha

Yup, happened a month or so ago. Seen that development in colinton, Colinton Rd. I thin they were after £650K for 2 bed apartments. Absolute delusion! I said they would go under when the development went on sale some 12 months or so ago and low and behold. Spoke to someone who worked for them, IIRC they said they had sold 5 apartments out of 20 available. Ooops, they deserve all they get, what a pish poor business model, and a classic case of "I is mightier than thy" toss "luxury" flats going down the tube....

I think they have one too down Barnton Avenue West. Yes - just found it.

Applecross Barnton

725k for a 2 bed flat !! Fair enough this is probably the most desireable street in Scotland. Still mental price though !!

Although I suppose they were selling 2 bedders in places like Pilrig and Granton dor 100k plaus recently.

Conparitively - 725k for a 2 bedder on this street actually seems a fair deal !!

I think they have one too down Barnton Avenue West.

Fair enough this is probably the most desireable street in Scotland.

Especially if you like aeroplanes and the sweet taste of kerosene in the air.

I think they have one too down Barnton Avenue West. Yes - just found it.

Applecross Barnton

725k for a 2 bed flat !! Fair enough this is probably the most desireable street in Scotland. Still mental price though !!

Although I suppose they were selling 2 bedders in places like Pilrig and Granton dor 100k plaus recently.

Conparitively - 725k for a 2 bedder on this street actually seems a fair deal !!

I know someone who worked for one of the subcontractors/partners that Applecross used. Up until recently people really were paying silly money for these places and the money spent on the fixtures and fittings was/is obscene.

I was having my usual rant about how on earth people can afford some of these places (especially the £200K one bedroom flat types) up until very recently my friend was defending it saying that it made sense.

I need to shut up now as they have realised that their job and company only really exist with everyone MEW'ing to do home improvements - it appears that the writing is on the wall for a few other companies too.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/edinburg...puts.5320690.jp

Applecross were delaying paying out 200k to the council that was earmarked for a new sports hall, and have managed to delay it for 18 months till they went into administration. This was part of the agreement which let them splatter meggetland with those 4-5 storey blocks of flats next to the canal. Now they're bust of course, the council and locals can whistle...

Edited by noodle doodle

Noticed in Hootsmon's property supplement this week, that Applecross - in administration - have three or four developments in the finals of the Scottish Home Awards, taking place today at The Sheraton, Edin.

If they win, will the administrator step up to accept? If not, would you, as principal of a company in administration, dare to show your face and accept an award?

Well, b*gger me, they actually won one, and the founder still had the chutzpah to step up and accept it......

Well, b*gger me, they actually won one, and the founder still had the chutzpah to step up and accept it......

Just shows what sort of mindset these people have.

Found out to be failed businessmen ? No probs. They will step up at an awards ceremony for everyone to see.

Shame - less.

Just shows what sort of mindset these people have.

Found out to be failed businessmen ? No probs. They will step up at an awards ceremony for everyone to see.

Shame - less.

Any news on their properties since? The new RM feature shows the Williamwood site (Clarkston) was pulled from RM on 16th Dec.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-value/find.html?searchLocation=G76&sellersPriceGuide.x=0&sellersPriceGuide.y=0&radius=0.0&propertyTypeAlias=&bedrooms=