House Price Crash Forum
crash2006

Axa To Make 560 Workers Redundant

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8095570.stm

Insurance company Axa is to lay off 560 workers across the UK, including 120 at its largest base in Ipswich. The French-owned firm said that it had decided the cuts were essential to "build a stronger and more efficient business for the future".

Axa hopes many of the job losses can be achieved through "natural wastage" and redeploying staff. It said it would manage the process with "sensitivity"

School fees, ponies. No wonder your in meltdown. Your expenses are higher than your income and with no credit available, you will need to cut back sooner rather than later.

Which other sites are being hit?

I dont know about you, but I'm getting overwhelmed with all these green shoots we're seeing now.

unemployment is a lagging indicator.

House price rises and BBC news are where the action is.

Fortunately they will all find jobs in the recovery.

lets hope they had redundancy insurance.

unemployment is a lagging indicator.

House price rises and BBC news are where the action is.

:lol:

'So wot it is, loike, is Oi got made redundant, and I cant find meself another job, wot with there not being any an all. Bovered? Nah. Me house is going up in value and the BBC says fings are getting better. So that's allroight then, boy.'

lets hope they had redundancy insurance.

Why would they need redundancy insurance.

Plenty of jobs going in the recovery. The insurance won't be required.

Ponzi Brown is leading the way in job creation.

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
I dont know about you, but I'm getting overwhelmed with all these green shoots we're seeing now.

Indeed. I'm off to start a bidding war on a flat before I miss the boat.

hurry, theres a shortage. specially the ones with a bedroom separate from the kitchen.

more good news.

i hope they are all having garage sales to seell all their possessions and preparing to go and live on the streets to fre up their home so i can rightfully buy it. i hope the govt doesnt help them out or prolong their demise, that would suck. we need more tramps, but more importantly, we need more ernest tramps, tramps with manners, morals and conviction, and ex AXA staff are perfectly ualified for the task. And they'll probably be better placed to fill out their tax returns as current tramps you, lets face it, in general dont declare their earnings truthfully.

C'mon you Bulls, especially Hamish, explain to me how this is the green shoots of recovery, unless you think unemployment benefit is likely to be higher than the employees wages.................I would imagine they will all be rushing out with their statuatory redundancy to buy property...........it's an ideal time to buy according to the Tiimes......

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
C'mon you Bulls, especially Hamish, explain to me how this is the green shoots of recovery, unless you think unemployment benefit is likely to be higher than the employees wages.................I would imagine they will all be rushing out with their statuatory redundancy to buy property...........it's an ideal time to buy according to the Tiimes......

Well, you see, what happens is this. The remaining workers increase their productivity and the kindly capitalists running the show reward them accordingly. Wages increase dramatically and all efficient workers have more money to spend on houses.

Yay.

Sounds like a grand plan, except the bit where wages increase dramatically for the remaining workforce, damn it, foiled again. I would imagine that wages will decrease dramatically for the remaining workforce as they will be relieved to simply have a job. These capitalists are pretty fiendish, especially when it comes to them plotting the destruction of the economic system they espouse. :lol:

Well, you see, what happens is this. The remaining workers increase their productivity and the kindly capitalists running the show reward them accordingly. Wages increase dramatically and all efficient workers have more money to spend on houses.

Yay.

While in our parallel universe those value creators scramble to keep their jobs and accept whichever draconian rules their bosses can impose on them with the excuse of the downturn and the need to "rationalise" and "be more competitive".

"Aw, who cares, me 'ouse will be wurf 5 miwwion in 2010, I'm just off on a cruise while me 'ouse does its business and brings in the cash, nu layba are smashin', I knew they woodant let meee daaan."

While in our parallel universe those value creators scramble to keep their jobs and accept whichever draconian rules their bosses can impose on them with the excuse of the downturn and the need to "rationalise" and "be more competitive".

I'm getting the word.......................... HONDA!

That has got to be a good new sport.

Target some old dear with an overpriced house and get you and your mates to bid the price to double the asking price and then vanish.

How we could then chuckle about it.

That has got to be a good new sport.

Target some old dear with an overpriced house and get you and your mates to bid the price to double the asking price and then vanish.

How we could then chuckle about it.

For a bit of extra fun, bring a metal detector when you view the property, wave it around the back garden a bit, then make continued references to "when we start digging" to the EA.