House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
symo

Bbc Financial Humour

Seriously the most funny thing I saw on TV. A shouty Australian presenter and a bald American saying that more jobs will be lost even after a recession ends. Plus bald US bloke wasn't exactely clever either, great time to get a loan with low interest rates, property is really cheap.

So conclusion, buy a house, look forward to losing your job and therefore your home whilst having all your goods bought with a loan repossessed.

BBC - Worth paying the license fee for?

Seriously the most funny thing I saw on TV. A shouty Australian presenter and a bald American saying that more jobs will be lost even after a recession ends. Plus bald US bloke wasn't exactely clever either, great time to get a loan with low interest rates, property is really cheap.

So conclusion, buy a house, look forward to losing your job and therefore your home whilst having all your goods bought with a loan repossessed.

BBC - Worth paying the license fee for?

Saw it and loved it. I think rather than all their fancy new graphics they should just have a flashing neon sign saying "buy a house NOW!" And not bother with any business news, and return to the sign for 5 mins ever 15 mins, save our licence fees.

Edited by Confounded

I'm lucky to have a TV left after watching that.

I could quite cheerfully have put it out the window!

Eeeeeejits of the first order.

Would anyone watching it not notice the news about the "debt restructuring" and "huge losses of £50M" just before some idiotspeak about the greenshoots?

It's beyong a joke. No serious news at all either - I had to endure some twaddle about how it's great that footballers are paid too much and that no-one asks for celebs and other highly paid people to have their salaries reduced! YES THEY DO you great lumoxy bagocrap.

I'm lucky to have a TV left after watching that.

I could quite cheerfully have put it out the window!

Eeeeeejits of the first order.

Would anyone watching it not notice the news about the "debt restructuring" and "huge losses of £50M" just before some idiotspeak about the greenshoots?

It's beyong a joke. No serious news at all either - I had to endure some twaddle about how it's great that footballers are paid too much and that no-one asks for celebs and other highly paid people to have their salaries reduced! YES THEY DO you great lumoxy bagocrap.

Strange times. Amazing that the BBC is still insisting that rising house prices are a positive sign.

The advice seemed to be:

(1) Try your best to stay in a job over the next couple of years because millions more jobs will be at risk;

(2) Buy a property now because they are less over-priced than they were last year.

I struggle to see how (1) and (2) can be complementary in any way. Irresponsible reporting of the first order.

Eeejits indeed, but well paid eeejits. The couple sitting on the sofa are no doubt paid more for sitting around, drinking tea and reading an autocue than Gordon is paid for (badly, admittedly) running the country.

Strange times. Amazing that the BBC is still insisting that rising house prices are a positive sign.

It's not just the Beeb. In virtually every strand of all our media house price falls = gloom/misery. "More misery for homeowners...' etc. The blinkers are apparently cast-iron and unshiftable. The odd small voice arguing the other way is mostly drowned in this sea of gloom.

It wouldn't be so bad but I thought the BBC remit was to educate and inform; not ensure the presenters act in the interest of any assets they own or present a biased economic view from the left.

It wouldn't be so bad but I thought the BBC remit was to educate and inform; not ensure the presenters act in the interest of any assets they own or present a biased economic view from the left.

If you want an amusing personal finance education and a reminder of why debt is bad....then trythe Dave Ramsey Show.

Dave Ramsey Show