House Price Crash Forum

Is Anyone Else Quite Perturbed?

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

HOLA441
HOLA442

Me.

For the past 24 months, when others were expecting plunging HPs, I would point to the Spring of 2009 and say that the pain would begin by then.

When the banks went bust last Autumn I expected HPs to plunge but they have not... well, not in the UK.

Now, we have this stock rally.

I think it is all smokin' mirrors. I think it is all manipulated.

In reality, UK HPs should be down dramatically by now.

HOLA443

i love a nice fresh thread!!!

me, im really angry, far more angry than anyone else on this thread.

i hate house prices and they are far too high.

i made some offers tonight, look at my blog for details

http://ukhousehunt.tampapropertyrealtors.com/

im hoping im might get lucky, 40% BMV or asking price, but thats what they should be, and it doesn't look like their in a hurry to fall that far.

ggggggggggrrrrrrrr

HOLA444
HOLA445

They will be eventually.

Quantitative Easing and low interest rates are keeping the debt monster alive for a bit longer.

If this proves to be anything more than a bull trap then the eventual collapse will make house prices the least of our worries.

HOLA446
Me.

For the past 24 months, when others were expecting plunging HPs, I would point to the Spring of 2009 and say that the pain would begin by then.

When the banks went bust last Autumn I expected HPs to plunge but they have not... well, not in the UK.

Now, we have this stock rally.

I think it is all smokin' mirrors. I think it is all manipulated.

When house prices double in less than 10 years in many parts of the UK. It did so because of a credit glut. The banks were willing to offer anyone a mortgage at mulitple times that penned salary on the mortgage proposal. We are seeing the other extreme of that now. Banks arent willing to lend on property and such people are finding it difficult to shift property because they are

i) Aware they will lose money on the price they paid.

ii) Buyers either cant sell their properties and so cant exchange or get new mortgages.

iii) We are all in a state of shock and unwilling to take any risks, it is better to stay where we are for the moment.

This is why you are at present not seeing a complete collaspe. When the banks start to relax their grip, you will see a house price decline as all of the sellers dump property on the market at the same time. We will have house price deflation.

HOLA447
When house prices double in less than 10 years in many parts of the UK. It did so because of a credit glut. The banks were willing to offer anyone a mortgage at mulitple times that penned salary on the mortgage proposal. We are seeing the other extreme of that now. Banks arent willing to lend on property and such people are finding it difficult to shift property because they are

i) Aware they will lose money on the price they paid.

ii) Buyers either cant sell their properties and so cant exchange or get new mortgages.

iii) We are all in a state of shock and unwilling to take any risks, it is better to stay where we are for the moment.

This is why you are at present not seeing a complete collaspe. When the banks start to relax their grip, you will see a house price decline as all of the sellers dump property on the market at the same time. We will have house price deflation.

thats what we all hope. however, what do we do in the meantime, nurture stomach ulcers, tend our piles? die? The options are limitless really, but it all boils down to one thing, its taking forever and its really boring waiting!!!

im getting grey hairs!!! i used to be young once.

HOLA448
I'm afraid I'm still suffering it.

Rest, rest, perturbed spirit.

‘Hamlet’ (1601) act 1, sc. 5, l. 182

In other words, cheer up you miserable, moaning git. Your - our - time will come. :)

Cheers,

Nomadd

HOLA449
Guest Steve Cook
They will be eventually.

Quantitative Easing and low interest rates are keeping the debt monster alive for a bit longer.

If this proves to be anything more than a bull trap then the eventual collapse will make house prices the least of our worries.

Yes.

But, by that time, the captain and crew will have manned the lifeboats leaving the passengers to drown.

HOLA4410
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
Rest, rest, perturbed spirit.

‘Hamlet’ (1601) act 1, sc. 5, l. 182

In other words, cheer up you miserable, moaning git. Your - our - time will come. :)

Cheers,

Nomadd

Al I neede is one symple shacke

To breede in after I buy

A symple thinge it out to be

A place to livve afore I die.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
I'm afraid I'm still suffering it.

Read this DYIV, hot off the presses. This might put an end to HPI and the recovery:

Lethality of H1N1 (Swine) Influenza Virus Increasing According to Latest Analysis of Virus Peptide Genomic Data

Boston Biotech Firm Reports First Rise in 76 Years of Replikin Count* of H1N1 Lethality Gene

BOSTON, June 10, 2009

An analysis of the latest peptide genomic data for the H1N1 influenza virus indicates that the current global outbreak of H1N1 is increasing in its capacity for lethality. The new sequence data on PubMed of the past two weeks through June 10, 2009 showed an increase in the Replikin Count* of the Replikin Lethality Gene in the pB1 genomic area from a mean of 2+/-0.2 in 2008 to a mean of 3.2+/-3.7 in 2009 (p<0.001). The Replikin Count of the Lethality Gene in 836 previous H1N1 influenza virus isolates has remained essentially unchanged (at 2) since 1933.

These analyses were conducted by the Boston-based biotech firm Replikins, Ltd. (http://www.replikins.com) using its FluForecast® software. A year ago (4/7/08), using the same software, the firm predicted the current H1N1 virus outbreak, and last month (5/23/09) an increase in the Replikin Count of the Replikin Infectivity Gene in the hemagglutinin area indicated a marked increase in infectivity of the evolving H1N1 virus.

“Last month the H1N1 genomic data indicated some bad and some good news. While it indicated an increase in the infectivity of the H1N1 virus, its lethality appeared to remain relatively low,†noted Sam Bogoch, MD, PhD, chairman of Replikins Ltd. “However, the FluForecast® analysis of new data of the past few weeks, through June 10th, on 144 new specimens published on PubMed, indicate an increase in the current H1N1 outbreak’s capacity for lethality. Since the software also permitted the automated analysis of all sequence data available on PubMed for all previous years, it was noted that this is the first such significant increase in the Replikin Count of the H1N1 Lethality Gene in 76 years. This is cause for concern and an accelerated vaccine effort.â€

For both the Infectivity Gene and the Lethality Gene, a significant increase in Replikin Count has invariably been followed by an increase in infectivity or lethality in influenza. While both the Replikin Infectivity Gene and the Replikin Lethality Gene have been found to act independently in all common influenza strains in human, swine, and bird hosts, both of these genes have been inhibited by the Two-Punch vaccine system - designed to be concurrently directed at both genes.

The company recently announced that it has made available for testing against H1N1 a Two-Punch PanFlu vaccine. The same vaccine system has been successfully tested against H5N1 in chickens.

http://www.ereleases.com/pr/lethality-h1n1...omic-data-21642

HOLA4415
thats what we all hope. however, what do we do in the meantime, nurture stomach ulcers, tend our piles? die? The options are limitless really, but it all boils down to one thing, its taking forever and its really boring waiting!!!

im getting grey hairs!!! i used to be young once.

Time is never really on our side. We are either too young, too poor, too busy or too old to do something. However, I think if you sit tight and simply spend as much time planning the type of house you would like to live, which area is best for you. How close would you want to be to the nearest town/city. Have you thought about schools or churches. What type of people do you want to live near.

In the meantime, save your money, like you were paying a large mortgage, if you have 50% deposit and by the username you have, then why not aim for 75%. You will be in excellent position to get the home thats right for you and f you can do it with no mortgage, your fixed for life.

HOLA4416
Time is never really on our side. We are either too young, too poor, too busy or too old to do something. However, I think if you sit tight and simply spend as much time planning the type of house you would like to live, which area is best for you. How close would you want to be to the nearest town/city. Have you thought about schools or churches. What type of people do you want to live near.

In the meantime, save your money, like you were paying a large mortgage, if you have 50% deposit and by the username you have, then why not aim for 75%. You will be in excellent position to get the home thats right for you and f you can do it with no mortgage, your fixed for life.

thanks. thats what im doing i guess. my patience derives from the fact im as tight as a nats chuff and dont like spending money. so waiting is my game plan, but it would be nice to get my xmas pressies now, or at least have a peek. pweeeese

HOLA4417

This is what I had thought but now I am beginning to believe that there are far more important things in life. I will never get these years back with my wife and daughter so intend to start enjoying them while I can. I missed much of my daughters very early years through working and doing overtime to save so that we could trade up, and ofcourse all my time at home was spent doing the place up. Now we are str'd and I have no intention of living like a hermit to save every penny so that we can spend it all on a house and then have to live like hermits because we can't afford to do anything else. Feck houses, kids and family are more important, especially now since the system could still be facing a total collapse.

HOLA4418

To breede in after I buy

FIXED:

To breede in whilst I rent

:)

Cheers,

Nomadd

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Never fear my fellow hpcer's

We all know deep down that the whole sorry mess is just waiting to to fall apart and is just being propped up by billions of pounds of QE

If this really is the worst recession since the war then it hasn't even started yet.We must be in a Phoney recession.

Nothing is selling at the moment.

I think this is going to take years to play itself out.If they can't sell with interest rates at an historic low what will it be like when the music stops and interest rates have to be hiked and the public sector cuts start,unemployment rises and more and more repossessions come to auction and drive prices lower.

The crash has just been postponed to satisfy his ego trip but sooner or later the Piper must be paid.

HOLA4421

Archived