I Think Gord Brown Is Doing A Great Job

50%deposit

HOLA441
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
He is doing an extremely effective job, seriously.

He is pushing through the privileged elites neo liberal policies which make the rich richer and the poor poorer

and nobody can stop him.

He shored up Capitalism when it was near collapse.

He bailed out the banks at the expense of the taxpayer.

He has began privatization of health, education and welfare.

He has helped transfer the wealth created by working people over the last 10 years to a small elite of super rich.

He is doing what he is meant to do and doing it well.

So, are you saying Mr Fudge (writes name down in little book, churchill avatar with grass mohawk) that you support the prime minister and see no reason for an immediate general election?

oh, your being facecious arent you...

scribbles name out of little book

HOLA444
HOLA445
So, are you saying Mr Fudge (writes name down in little book, churchill avatar with grass mohawk) that you support the prime minister and see no reason for an immediate general election?

oh, your being facecious arent you...

scribbles name out of little book

I am being serious.

I dont believe that he is incompetent or following the wrong policies or making mistakes I think

he is achieving his objectives.

Its just that what he is doing is against the interests of the majority of people in this country.

HOLA446
by Gordon Brown (Author)

518Ja9C8-2L._SS500_.jpg

Awesome!!!

3 reviews!!! All 1 star each!!!

I would have thought that the role of Prime Minister of the UK would have yielded a more interesting insight than this. So I was slightly disappointed. I think the author should continue writing, however, should there be time to do so. I suggest the titles: "Responsibility", "Honesty" and "Fairness" for future books. I await the deputies book on "Family Values" also.
As far as I can see, the only reason to buy this book is to enjoy the irony of Gordon Brown writing on 'courage'.
This book is full of empty platitudes, as you might expect from a politician with no bottle, desperate to become associated with the traits he so mind-numbingly describes.

HOLA447
I am being serious.

I dont believe that he is incompetent or following the wrong policies or making mistakes I think

he is achieving his objectives.

Its just that what he is doing is against the interests of the majority of people in this country.

ok, so, you support the prime minister? You think he should be there and we should not have a general election now?

you are so full of ironing that its hard to place your vote. Is there a tick in Gordon Browns box on Mr Fudges voting paper?

HOLA448
ok, so, you support the prime minister? You think he should be there and we should not have a general election now?

you are so full of ironing that its hard to place your vote. Is there a tick in Gordon Browns box on Mr Fudges voting paper?

No. Fudge is staying out of Brown's box.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
MOP - I've nicked your pic. It absolutely demands captions...

MOP's picture is outrageous, isn't it.

How can anyone believe those people were elected. You wouldn't invite them to dinner, would you. Not even if it was wartime, their house next door was bombed and they only had rats for supper.

Politics aside, they are just such excruciatingly awful people.

HOLA4412

No I wouldnt vote for Brown, Cameron, Clegg or Griffin for that matter, they are all the same.

I am saying that people think Brown is doing a bad job he isnt he is doing a great job.

Its like saying a mugger is doing a bad job or making a mistake, he is not, he is robbing you and if he manages

to take your money and not get caught then he is doing a great job.

Its just not that great if your the victim.

HOLA4413
gordonbrown543639a.jpg

He is a big celebrity here in Germany after this photo appeared in the press, taken during a visit to a UK school. All credit to the press photographer who asked him to stand in front of the display and smile!

What have the Germans been saying about the picture?

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
No I wouldnt vote for Brown, Cameron, Clegg or Griffin for that matter, they are all the same.

I am saying that people think Brown is doing a bad job he isnt he is doing a great job.

Its like saying a mugger is doing a bad job or making a mistake, he is not, he is robbing you and if he manages

to take your money and not get caught then he is doing a great job.

Its just not that great if your the victim.

yes, but the point of this thread is to identify people that like Gordon Brown, like what hes doing, thinks its good and support him without reservation. Therefore you do not count. so far No One has said they like Gordon Brown. No one wants him, regardless of wether or not there is a viable alternative. No one wants him, hes totally unwanted.

anyone else want to declare allegance to his Brownship?

HOLA4416
i was just wondering if anyone here has a good word to say about our prime minister?

Anyone?

If so, please use this thread to demonstrate that the prime minister actually has any support.

please tell us why you think he and the labour party deserve to remain in governmnent?

and all that including telling us how great the economy is etc and please tell us about schools, crime, old pelpe and hard working families thank you very much.

i dont believe there are any supporters, so i want to take a good look at you and mark you up in my special book as 'one of them'.

thank you

I think we deserve to VOTE!! On a primeminister.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Funnily enough, OH and I were talking about the same thing this morning before he went to work. (We're a right pair of laughs).

Our current personal circumstances mean that we're doing alright under Gordo. OH has secure job in education, I'm poppin out kids and getting paid by the government for the privilege in the form of child tax credits and child benefit.

The streets are cleaned, bins empties the local schools are ok and we've not been burgled. Thanks to Gordos self-regulating approach to the finance industry, we cashed in on the rediculous hpi and STRed. All in all, on a personal level, we're pretty good.

Fortunately though, I'm not that blinkered and see beyond the sphere of my own existence. Our short-term gains lead to others losses. Brown does not get my support.

Edit to add: Forgot to say, so there are probably a lot like me who seem to be doing just fine. So will take the attitude 'I'm alright Jack'. And think that Brown is great. I doubt many of these are logged into HPC though.

HOLA4421
yes, but the point of this thread is to identify people that like Gordon Brown, like what hes doing, thinks its good and support him without reservation. Therefore you do not count. so far No One has said they like Gordon Brown. No one wants him, regardless of wether or not there is a viable alternative. No one wants him, hes totally unwanted.

anyone else want to declare allegance to his Brownship?

But Brown isn't likeable,that's the point. I told my local MP that it would be madness to choose him,but he still supported Brown/Harperson.Brown is probably on the edge of the Asperger's scale,he seems to find personal relationships difficult and in a media dominated age he comes across very badly.

Where I do disagree with most of his knockers however is that I actually think that in regard to economics he is more switched on than Osborn.I would rate him alongside Ken Clarke on competence.Most people on here are motivated by hatred of him and that is clouding their judgement.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Where I do disagree with most of his knockers however is that I actually think that in regard to economics he is more switched on than Osborn.I would rate him alongside Ken Clarke on competence.

Well Osborn is untested so we can't say.

But Ken Clarke and Gordon Brown both have been, and the evidence is obvious.

HOLA4424
But Brown isn't likeable,that's the point.

Which, for me is a huge plus point about him. You do not expect to be told that Brown is wonderful, likable, charming,... which means you don't get the smooth, slick, smarmy, oily, facile presentation you got from, for example Blair.

I think this is a good thing. I prefer the old-fashioned style of politician who, I suspect, would prefer that substance actually mattered, whereas the public, media and internet forums all seem to love the superficial. I accept my view does not chime with the majority.

My income and my employer's profits have done well over the period Brown has controlled the economy, and the company is still doing over 10% profit in the current circumstances. (This may of course change.) Since I haven't moved house or increased borrowing for over 10 years this has improved my quality of life and allowed me to support my (adult) children when they have difficult times. I am pleased about this.

I see little credible evidence that any alternative leader would have behaved differently in relation to HPI, and think there are good odds I may come out of the HPC quite well. (Others will certainly do even better, but I don't worry if others do better than me if my life is OK.)

Brown has attempted do things of which I approve, for example in relation to the third world. And while the ecomonics of it causes much discussion on here ( for good reasons) my family would have been very fearful if banks had done dramatically bust. For the sake of my elderly relations and others in my family I see advantages in a damped down but prolonged crash as opposed to the more dramatic quick upheaval that some might prefer. Live is about more than economics.

But over all that I tend to believe one gains better understanding by looking at things from the other point of view. So if somebody hates / hated {Thatcher, Blair, Major, Brown} it is appropriate to ask them to list what {Thatcher, Blair, Major, Brown} has done well. If you 'hate' somebody it is easy and trivial to see what is bad about them. Force yourself to do the opposite and you can gain valauble insights.

Who I'll tick the box for in a GE? No idea at present. They have not been brave enough to tell me what they might do, so I cannot yet fully distinguish between the empty promies to win votes and how they might actually behave.

HOLA4425

Gordon Brown isn't too bad - he just isnt a leader of people and isn't going to make you feel inspired and like going for it like Obama might. Likewise George Bush was not affraid to do what really needed doing and to hell with the popularity contests - he was better than the press wanted people to think.

Archived