House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Dribble 2

Rush To Sell?

I've been getting daily email updates from rightmove for new property listings in the Swansea area for a couple of years.

Recently it's just been one or two a day - sometimes none a day.

Today, 30 new properties have been listed:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...p;auction=false

Mostly Peter Alan but with some Astleys and John Francis.

Wonder what's going on/why.

I've been getting daily email updates from rightmove for new property listings in the Swansea area for a couple of years.

Recently it's just been one or two a day - sometimes none a day.

Today, 30 new properties have been listed:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...p;auction=false

Mostly Peter Alan but with some Astleys and John Francis.

Wonder what's going on/why.

People waking up to the fact that Brown can`t save them.

People waking up to the fact that Brown can`t save them.

I think a lot of these properties were on the market before but never sold - I think that £1.3m was the one Gwyneth Paltrow was supposed to be buying but pulled out? Could be wrong ...

Swansea is so heavily public sector based I think people are still in la la land ... however, as one article said today the civil service cuts will be massive.. and swansea will be hit hard just as it was in the 1990's....

No doubt people have read press reports about the Nationwide/HBOS figures and are quickly putting their houses on the market.

Yes, when the Tories are in next year within a year Swansea will be blitzed by all the public sector cuts.

I was chatting with an EA today who said that sellers in S'sea are still refusing to drop their asking prices and put it down to many who had either bought at peak or who had MEWed for the cars and holidays.

The EA also said that they were getting loads of people who had mortgage approvals from BSes and banks, who were making offers on houses and just before exchanging contracts the BSes and banks were pulling the mortgages. Go figure on that one!

EA said that lower house prices would be better all round.

I was chatting with an EA today who said that sellers in S'sea are still refusing to drop their asking prices and put it down to many who had either bought at peak or who had MEWed for the cars and holidays.

The EA also said that they were getting loads of people who had mortgage approvals from BSes and banks, who were making offers on houses and just before exchanging contracts the BSes and banks were pulling the mortgages. Go figure on that one!

EA said that lower house prices would be better all round.

Hear Hear ! ... although of you want to buy a new flat .. you be spoilt for choice and could buy two for a £100k these days !!

There was so much flipping going on in Swansea that it was epidemic - and there lies the problem. People can`t afford to drop; the realisation is they have lost the money; but it won`t hit home until rates rise and the local job scene starts to suffer.

I don`t want to see anyone struggle, but for those people who were just plain stupid and greedy - I have no sympathy.

For some reason Mansells - I really dislike them - re-posted all of their properties yesterday wiping out the property bee history on their stock. :ph34r:

Fortunately I have a spreadsheet from just last week. ;)