House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Old_Traveller

Uk Only Country Out Of Recession?

Guest pioneer31

Remember a few weeks ago when the beeb showed us a map of how quickly Swine Flu could spread across the UK?

The map went red within 1 week.

So I never argue with the media, they're always spot on.

Wow – by many measures the UK is in a worse financial position than most if not all countries.

With only a little digging, one can find that the future is not bright. And yet, the media is busting a gut to say it’s all over.

Anyone would think that there’s an election coming.

If there are any journo’s reading this - SHAME ON YOU. Please do some research, don’t cut & paste the propaganda. Your words will lead vulnerable (and stupid) people into making wrong decisions.

If there are any journo’s reading this - SHAME ON YOU. Please do some research, don’t cut & paste the propaganda. Your words will lead vulnerable (and stupid) people into making wrong decisions.

In other countries, people would look out for strangers.

Not here, ones loss, is my gain. :ph34r:

Indeed, I feel so lucky to be here. Everyone else is still going south strong but here? no, we seem to have come up with the formula for success.

Are we that gullible really?

I'm not altogether surprised by all the good news.

With Peter Mandelson now effectively in charge of the government, a bit of spin is to be expected

Isn't democracy fantastic. Mugabe - watch and learn.

Indeed, I feel so lucky to be here. Everyone else is still going south strong but here? no, we seem to have come up with the formula for success.

It's because we lead the world in the provision of financial services.

Silly fads like manufacturing may come and go, but people will always need to sell each other complex financial products.

Great news, and down to the sound economic stewardship, of Gordon Brown, and the BoE. I'm changing to bull.

It's because we lead the world in the provision of financial services.

Silly fads like manufacturing may come and go, but people will always need to sell each other complex financial products.

Hey- Acme will still be making the refs whistles for the World Cup Finals. That should turn the old balance of payments thingy on its head. We still lead in some things ya know.

The UK has proved that the only viable way to defeat recession is to refuse to acknowledge it.

Soon we shall see other countries taking the same path. Japan is already celebrating the excellent 14.2% contraction in its economy.

Were we lead, others shall follow.

Of course we are out of the recession already, ahead of everyone else.

This is because of our sound fundamentals, our being best placed to meet the challenges, and from having the best leader in place getting on with the job.

Anything I've missed?

And any nay-sayers, please report to your nearest state school where you will re-educated as to how Great our beloved leader truly is.

The UK has proved that the only viable way to defeat recession is to refuse to acknowledge it.

:lol:

And now on BBC radio, the latest tractor production statistics...*

*for any viewers under 35 or so - the old Soviet Bloc used to broadcast economic propaganda. In the days before the internet, texting and crack cocaine came along, some of us youngsters used to get our kicks by listening to it on shortwave along with police radio transmissions on 'VHF' radio.

It really does prove that Gordo has the winning formula; to get filthy rich you borrow as much money as possible and 'invest' it into non-productive assets such as houses and gold and if it all goes tits up, you will be bailed out by all those gullible savers and other prudent folk who actually do something productive. Darn... that's where I've been going wrong for so many years :o

Time to load myself with crippling amounts of debt, quit my productive job and buy up a load of houses... it's a one-way bet, I'll be rich in no time! All hail the Brown miracle!!!

Edited by Bootstrap

Didn't Darling change his mind last week and said that instead of the worst crisis for 60 years, it was the worst crisis for 100 years? The amount of B/S we're being told by the media is astonishing! Me thinks this is Brown trying to B/S people into believing he's saved us all and is thinking about calling a general election. It's a trap.

No other country has Gordon Brown. He is the genius who will lead us to salvation. The finest leader this country has ever seen.

Of course we are out of the recession already, ahead of everyone else.

This is because of our sound fundamentals, our being best placed to meet the challenges, and from having the best leader in place getting on with the job.

Anything I've missed?

And any nay-sayers, please report to your nearest state school where you will re-educated as to how Great our beloved leader truly is.

You've forgotten 'hard working families'. But I guess unemployment isn't on the 'good news' agenda.

:lol:

And now on BBC radio, the latest tractor production statistics...*

*for any viewers under 35 or so - the old Soviet Bloc used to broadcast economic propaganda. In the days before the internet, texting and crack cocaine came along, some of us youngsters used to get our kicks by listening to it on shortwave along with police radio transmissions on 'VHF' radio.

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State".

Joseph Goebbels

If the economy grew 0.3% in April and May then it grew by 0.3%. Why do people have a problem with that? Surely no one here wants the recession to continue?

If the economy grew 0.3% in April and May then it grew by 0.3%. Why do people have a problem with that? Surely no one here wants the recession to continue?

Because we want reality, not wishful thinking.

(Anyway, wasn't the figure 0.1% in both months?)

No, we dont (or at least I dont). However, if the numbers are not real, if the markets are rigged, if there is no real recovery and it is just buying (election) time at the expense of the future, if it is just propping up failure at the expense of success (current or future).... etc. ...... Need I go on?