House Price Crash Forum

Radio 5 Economy Phone In

HOLA441

First time buyers are returning to market, and 1 FTB enables 3-5 house sales :P Shared ownership schemes and gifted deposits from parents are getting the market moving again.

Manufacturing man says UK manufacturing bouncing along at the bottom

Man from Felixstowe says the port's very quiet, and all we are exporting is scrap metal, carboard and paper.

HOLA442
First time buyers are returning to market, and 1 FTB enables 3-5 house sales :P Shared ownership schemes and gifted deposits from parents are getting the market moving again.

Man from Felixstowe says the port's very quiet, and all we are exporting is scrap metal, carboard and paper.

I'm waiting for a callback from them to blast these ramping EA's, and demolish the 'Bank of Mum and Dad' as the saviour of the FTB market.

HOLA443

well I am not surprised. There seems to be a real concerted effort to make the public believe it's all good and that they should start spending again.

I can understand why they want to do that for what they perceive is the greater good, but I don't think it is going to work.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
I'm waiting for a callback from them to blast these ramping EA's, and demolish the 'Bank of Mum and Dad' as the saviour of the FTB market.

Me too, angry at property ramping. No callback. At least the BBC presenter ponted out that Jon Charcol spokesman was a VI!

HOLA447

The EA said we should all help out our children with deposits as our Money is earning nothing in Building society's, well thanks for the advice wonder how this helped a friend of mine that may have took your perals of wisdom ,he did just similar gave his son and wife 40 K for a deposit four months later they split up and he lost the lot as the house had to be sold a t Auction for around 65% of what they paid.

Well thanks for the advice but I will stick to keeping money in the Bank

HOLA448
The EA said we should all help out our children with deposits as our Money is earning nothing in Building society's, well thanks for the advice wonder how this helped a friend of mine that may have took your perals of wisdom ,he did just similar gave his son and wife 40 K for a deposit four months later they split up and he lost the lot as the house had to be sold a t Auction for around 65% of what they paid.

I wonder if her parents put any money into the property?

HOLA449
Guest pioneer31

Radio 5 phone in....

An ex radio 1 jock and some VI/Unqualified jerks with a long history of failed predictions make more of them

yawn

HOLA4410

Happened to a couple of friends of ours - helped out their kids with big deposits ( which in one case was funded by a re-mortgage of the family home ) - childrens marriages broke down and there was no recompense as the cash had been gifted and therefore their son-in-laws had every right to 50% of the settlement .

HOLA4411
Happened to a couple of friends of ours - helped out their kids with big deposits ( which in one case was funded by a re-mortgage of the family home ) - childrens marriages broke down and there was no recompense as the cash had been gifted and therefore their son-in-laws had every right to 50% of the settlement .

Correct - any deposit from a family member usually has to be confirmed to the lender as something along the lines of

"...gifted for love and affection and with no claim on the property etc etc"

HOLA4412

excellent - this means house prices can only go up, as an antidote to the depressive positivistic anti-market bias of cardboard, as any EA could tell you. The market is displaying signs of optimistic goldfishism and will hover about a third higher given appropriate cirumventional improvements in popular wisdom. Savvy housebuyers can't all be wrong.

Edited by Si1

HOLA4413
excellent - this means house prices can only go up, as an antidote to the depressive positivistic anti-market bias of cardboard, as any EA could tell you. The market is displaying signs of optimistic goldfishism and will hover about a third higher given appropriate cirumventional improvements in popular wisdom. Savvy housebuyers can't all be wrong.

the government is exporting all the cardboard and scrap so that the homeless are forced to take aloan and buy a proper place. cant have cardboard for the homeless, that would encourage them to not borrow and create credit.

HOLA4414
the government is exporting all the cardboard and scrap so that the homeless are forced to take aloan and buy a proper place. cant have cardboard for the homeless, that would encourage them to not borrow and create credit.

excellent. I like your unbiased analysis. fancy opening an estate agency with me - I'll sell houses, you sell debt - sorry - loans to help Key Labour Voters?

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
I wonder if her parents put any money into the property?

That's not known unfortunately but doubtful, this scenario is probably happening all over the Uk at the moment sad but inevitable as divorce rates rise due the the Credit Crunch :(

HOLA4419

Well, I've stop listening to 5 Live now, along with any BBC news, I used to text in to that Liberal fence sitter Victoria Derbyshite, but for some reason my texts never got answered or read out :rolleyes:

I now listen to Absolute Radio ( due to the ageing process :P ) and watch C4 news, any other info regarding the economy and house prices can be sourced via the internet, I used to like the old timer Peter Allan, however, the frustration levels since not listening to the VI shite on the BBC have eased it tremendously !