House Price Crash Forum
HAMISH_MCTAVISH

It's The End Of The World As We Know It.......

Oh, and as for this bit......

Same here. And that is why house prices will not crash as far as many on here think. They may well still dip again over next winter, in fact, most probably they will. But only by much smaller, and relatively seasonally normal amounts.

The worst is behind us.

No; now the austerity starts with higher taxation and lower public services. You didn't think we got something for nothing did you?

Same here. And that is why house prices will not crash as far as many on here think. They may well still dip again over next winter, in fact, most probably they will. But only by much smaller, and relatively seasonally normal amounts.

The worst is behind us.

You are too young or have a short memory !

Last recession in 1989 i got a house at £68k after it fell from £92k thinking i had a bargain but it continued to fall to about £50k and i don't remember banks going under, £tr borrowed to prop the economy or being in more dedt than when we came out of WWII.

Now i could be wrong so go buy a house cus the less people with money in the future is all good for me but stop pretending your crystal ball is any good without backing it up with some hard facts for us to get our teeth into.

Didn't want to have a go but i could not let that stand.

Don't know why you guys bother. In fact, I don't know why I'm bothering to respond. The OP has consistently demonstrated an acute lack of awareness of broader economic issues. His posts are not worthy of debate. End of.

Raj - spot on.

Let's be honest. Brown's going to get back in again isn't he?

I just know it.

Sad times.

I hope so, thank f8ck he didn't call an election in Oct 2007 cos if he did there woulod be no chance of the Uk coming out of Recession this soon under the do nothing Tories and their Tip Top Toff Leader.

In fairness, we have had a recessionary environment (declining GDP) in all 4 quarters last year and the first one of this year. Thats 5 quarters of cr@ppy conditions. Which is not far off the average for recessions.

It is now clear, that had there not been intervention on a massive scale with ZIRP and QE, then this could well have been the worlds worts recession. But there was, and so now it isn't.

So Gordon Brown has saved the world - huzzah! :rolleyes:

IF that is todays copy of the newspaper, then I'm going to go out and buy one for posterity to add to my small collection of similar subsequently shown to be nonsense headline screaming publications proclaiming 'All's Clear' - when the REALLY brown smelly stuff hasnt even hit the air rotating device yet!

Should raise a chuckle in 30 years.

Indeed - the NHS have just announced that they are several billion down for next year so I can't imagine the repercussions of this recession have fully played out yet, or that everyone will suddenly find security in jobs and houses.

That paper will sell well tommorrow. I wonder why they did that headline. It's tricky isn't it.

Newspapers are in the business of selling papers, not reporting the news.

That paper will sell well tommorrow. I wonder why they did that headline. It's tricky isn't it.

Newspapers are in the business of selling papers, not reporting the news.

They are reporting the news, the National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) are reporting that the economy has stopped contracting and started modest growth from April this year.

It might not be what you want to hear, but it is news and it is highly newsworthy.

Not everybody has a vested interest in economic meltdown.

They are reporting the news, the National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) are reporting that the economy has stopped contracting and started modest growth from April this year.

It might not be what you want to hear, but it is news and it is highly newsworthy.

Oh feck another political troll.

A natural consequence of government stimulus the world over is a return to normal for a short time, but all the same mistakes that were made to get us here, i.e artificially low interest rates that induce irresponsible borrowing, have been made all over again but ten times worse. In 2003 the base rate reached as low as 3.5%, and that added jet fuel to the bubble.

The government can't keep this up forever, already the market is increasing borrowing rates which have now become completely detached from the base rate or Libor. Swap rates have spiked in the last couple of weeks, which will run through to borrowing of all types in the next few weeks.

Later this year the second stage of the credit crunch will start with imploding prime residential mortgage and commercial backed securities. Banks will keep their margins as they are because they have to try and stay solvent, they will start to hoard cash again.

Hmm does it? The bubble was characterised by ever lower numbers of ftbs. What makes them so important now?

The bubble was sustained by ever increasing credit expansion. Where's that gone now?

Come on lad, catch up.

I hope so, thank f8ck he didn't call an election in Oct 2007 cos if he did there woulod be no chance of the Uk coming out of Recession this soon under the do nothing Tories and their Tip Top Toff Leader.

What a ******. <_<

Edited by MOP

For anyone about to get a paycut or possibly even redundancy, just print this statement off and take it to your boss. Flash Gordon lives up to his super hero name, he has save us all.

Now Flash, can you get up to Birmingham and work your magic on LDV. A man of your genius it should be easy to turn that company round with some positive thinking and glib sloganeering...........

many bankers became retired millionaires thanks to the economic meltdown...are you suggesting they did it deliberately?

The worlds worst recession, and then it's all over in a few weeks, having had no effect on me or anyone I know.

Someone is lying, either at the start of it, or at the end.

Y2K, pig flu, mad cow, bird flu, etc, etc,.

Seems the UK is the first Western Economy to have any sign of a bounce, even if it might be temporary.

Pretty much confirms my observations.Before any GDP guesstamates were out I deleted ''cataclysmic meltdown '' from my signature and posted that I thought GDP was rising only last week.

I suppose in an economy with little manufacturing and almost entirely service based we were always going to have a chance of weathering things better than other economies, still got Gordy's two trillion of debts to f**k things up in the long term.

Edited by crashmonitor

Y2K, pig flu, mad cow, bird flu, etc, etc,.

Rising repossessions, rising bankruptcy, unemployment, debt etc. etc.

Just like "pig flu", mad cow, bird flu, these things don`t exist either.

Father Christmas is real, though.