House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
loginandtonic

Merv & Gord, Now The Recession's Over, Put Rates Back Up

Call a halt to the zirp and qe now.

if you've a real recovery you dont need to dangerously reinflate any more than you already have.

of course, if you've just got your patient/economy on drugs then we know the true picture emerges once you discontinue the zirp and qe, no wonder you wont dare.

houses selling?

business recovering?

- so what do you need to keep the dangers of qe & zirp going for any longer? coz its all more debt ****** by any chance?

thought so.

day of reckoning has to come, you wont win the election anyway mateys, you're just postponing like you did in 05

Call a halt to the zirp and qe now.

if you've a real recovery you dont need to dangerously reinflate any more than you already have.

of course, if you've just got your patient/economy on drugs then we know the true picture emerges once you discontinue the zirp and qe, no wonder you wont dare.

houses selling?

business recovering?

- so what do you need to keep the dangers of qe & zirp going for any longer? coz its all more debt ****** by any chance?

thought so.

day of reckoning has to come, you wont win the election anyway mateys, you're just postponing like you did in 05

Raise rates? And kill the recovery? Well, I can see why you'd want that....... ;) Being so WRONG about the the dangers of QE and ZIRP to date. (Strengthening pound, anyone?)

But the rest of the country will be quite happy to see the back of this recession. Thanks anyway. If anything, they should print MORE to ensure the strengthening pound doesnt choke off a recovery either.

Gordon Brown:

PAB2150.jpg

if he's jump-started the economy with freeflow of mega cheap money (again) then he's got what he wanted, houses selling again so that he can reignite his ponzi pyramid a while longer, now its time to give savers back a decent return and discourage an even bigger bubble to suck in even more gullibles. i had said rates would go up in june or july, now i say rates should go up in june or july to limit the damage this nonsense is causing on both sides of the fence. "i'll not choke off the recovery [con trick] by putting rates up now or ceasing qe" will be his response. we all know the truth. massive debts to pay after the election but for now he's thrown a huge party which we'll be paying for from next year until about 2050

Raise rates? And kill the recovery? Well, I can see why you'd want that....... ;) Being so WRONG about the the dangers of QE and ZIRP to date. (Strengthening pound, anyone?)

But the rest of the country will be quite happy to see the back of this recession. Thanks anyway. If anything, they should print MORE to ensure the strengthening pound doesnt choke off a recovery either.

theres no recovery hamish, dont be silly

if he's jump-started the economy with freeflow of mega cheap money (again) then he's got what he wanted, houses selling again so that he can reignite his ponzi pyramid a while longer, now its time to give savers back a decent return and discourage an even bigger bubble to suck in even more gullibles. i had said rates would go up in june or july, now i say rates should go up in june or july to limit the damage this nonsense is causing on both sides of the fence. "i'll not choke off the recovery [con trick] by putting rates up now or ceasing qe" will be his response. we all know the truth. massive debts to pay after the election but for now he's thrown a huge party which we'll be paying for from next year until about 2050

Why would the BoE increase the amount of interest on the govts massive debt just to appease savers?

Why would the BoE hamstring British business with higher interest rates than the rest of the developed world when we desperatley need job creation and investment in the british economy?

The BoE do not care about house prices, the Nu Liebour party do.

Probably right, I hear 'The Centre For Porcine Aviation Studies' says the recession's over.

A decade of Japan style stagflation in the UK. Wheee! Cheer!

Meh.

Doesn't bode well for you multiple home-owners. Sorry.

Rising pound is also death to the UK exporters. Death.

just out of interest what nationality are you?

I've just seen the front page of tomorrows Independent.

Headline:

"The recession is over"

:lol::lol:

Load of cobblers.

How much credibility do you think you have with an Ant and Dec avatar.

People on here where hoarding tinned beans and predicting armageddon a few months ago, its amazing how things change

Why would the BoE increase the amount of interest on the govts massive debt just to appease savers?

Why would the BoE hamstring British business with higher interest rates than the rest of the developed world when we desperatley need job creation and investment in the british economy?

The BoE do not care about house prices, the Nu Liebour party do.

then, and i know u have heard this argument a million times before, we are back to:

job creation yeah great BUT hpi = smile on ponzi faces BUT employers have to hike wages to meet cost of housing = lower profits for companies and/or higher prices for consumers = fewer jobs, fewer customers

**OR**

large borrowing multiples again

and

people in debt and feckless borrowing trap again = repo when rates do rise or repo when massive bills come in from next year due to Govt borrowings

and

defaults

and

bank bailouts again

and

back to the economic insolvence crisis all over again a few years hence

or am i missing something

Edited by loginandtonic

just out of interest what nationality are you?

British and another one.

And I was being facetious in my previous post, just in case you think I am actually enjoying this country falling apart.

Edited by cashinmattress

then, and i know u have heard this argument a million times before, we are back to:

job creation yeah great BUT hpi = smile on ponzi faces BUT employers have to hike wages to meet cost of housing = lower profits for companies and/or higher prices for consumers = fewer jobs, fewer customers

**OR**

large borrowing multiples again

and

people in debt and feckless borrowing trap again = repo when rates do rise or repo when massive bills come in from next year due to Govt borrowings

and

defaults

and

bank bailouts again

and

back to the economic insolvence crisis all over again a few years hence

or am i missing something

You post just confueses me. As I said the BoE do not care about HPI as was illustrated when they kept rates too low that created HPi because the BoE was linked to CPI not RPI.

You post is all about HPI, if you can prove to me the BoE want HPI then I will listen but that it not what your post is saying.

You post just confueses me. As I said the BoE do not care about HPI as was illustrated when they kept rates too low that created HPi because the BoE was linked to CPI not RPI.

You post is all about HPI, if you can prove to me the BoE want HPI then I will listen but that it not what your post is saying.

of course the boe want hpi, thats why they slashed rates in 05 - they're hand in glove with brown, dont have to be a genius to work that out,

and now the higher house/land prices are the more chance the banks they bailed out/lent to can offload their stock PROFITABLY and repay the boe / the better price the govt can get on the market if they sell nationalised wrecks like NR this autumn

edit - plus as you know of course, the more hpi the "richer" people feel + spend (on credit mostly) to keep the credit boom mirage going a while longer

Edited by loginandtonic

of course the boe want hpi, thats why they slashed rates in 05 - they're hand in glove with brown, dont have to be a genius to work that out,

and now the higher house/land prices are the more chance the banks they bailed out/lent to can offload their stock and repay the boe / the better price the govt can get on the market if they sell nationalised wrecks like NR this autumn

You are just so wrong.

i also think some people have forgotten that to all intents + purposes Brown has put the whole UK on "Buy Now, Pay Nothing Until June 2010" - a lot of people are forgetting that this current 'lift' to the economy has to be paid for, or the qe has to go on forever, then we go Zim if we're not careful. Brown's bought some time with hefty QE and ZIRP, plain & simple, but the rent man will be calling - i say again people have forgotten that massive debt

Guest spp
People on here where hoarding tinned beans and predicting armageddon a few months ago, its amazing how things change

uhhh no...the cupboards in my kitchen are still my supermarket! ;)

30 yr treasury auction tomorrow/today!

:ph34r:

Edited by spp

but to get back to my central point, they wont know if the economy is healthy again (not that it was healthy before, it was just debt driven) until they remove the very, very considerable life support infusions - at that juncture we get the real prognosis

right now we're in a twilight world, the whole UK is on like a Capital One transfer your existing balance, pay nothing 'til Summer 2010 deal. but unlike C1, theres going to be hassle repaying the debt - for decades

thank you for the debate on this thread all of you, enjoyed reading the points

ttfn