House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
da77enj

Bracken Hill

Hi all, Have been a regular (daily) visitor over the last year or two but this is my first post. Have been waiting patiently for Bracken Hill development to be released. Looking to move from my terrace house to a three bed semi or four bed if I could get at a reasonable price. Houses look ok but have to say that i was a little disappointed when I saw prices (3 bed starting at £235K and 4 bed starting at £300K. Would be interested in hearing what everyone thinks would be reasonable prices for these houses?

http://www.templetonrobinson.co.uk/develop..._info&d=155

Hi all, Have been a regular (daily) visitor over the last year or two but this is my first post. Have been waiting patiently for Bracken Hill development to be released. Looking to move from my terrace house to a three bed semi or four bed if I could get at a reasonable price. Houses look ok but have to say that i was a little disappointed when I saw prices (3 bed starting at £235K and 4 bed starting at £300K. Would be interested in hearing what everyone thinks would be reasonable prices for these houses?

Unless they are a lot bigger than they appear to be I think these prices would have been funny even at the peak of the market. At least then you might have understood TR being cheeky enough to ask for it. As it is now I think they have fallen for their own "green shoots" publicity!

I wouldn't pretend to know what a house is really worth these days - but I'm sure you could easily find a lot more house for a lot less cash somewhere else.

In my opinion these prices are far to high! If you want to buy now you can get a nice 3 bed semi in Fourwinds for 175k or under (for one needing a bit of modernisation)with probably a bigger garden, less road noise and closer to better shops.

Why not just wait a year and get a cheaper house anyway? ;)

Even Rosetta/Mount Merrion you can get alot more for your money nowadays and if you wait will in a years time.

Thanks for feedback. Was sure those houses were well over priced. Not just me then.

Have been looking in Four Winds but think he prices are still quite high there too. Could get a 3 bed semi for £175K but would probably need some work. Was hoping that being a new development the Bracken Hill houses would be priced competitively to sell quickly i.e. would beat resale homes in Four Winds to the bottom. Seems not.

Rosetta is an interesting idea. Hadn't really thought of that. Need something near a good primary school. Had never heard of Rosetta PS but it sounds ok.

Think i'll have to wait it out for a year or so.

Thanks again

DJ

Elm Gatelodge - 9 Bracken Hill Detached Sale Agreed £ 395,000

Elm Gatelodge - 8 Bracken Hill Detached For Sale £ 395,000

Mulberry Court (B)* - 30 Bracken Hill Townhouse For Sale £ 300,000

Mulberry Court (A)* - 31 Bracken Hill Townhouse For Sale £ 310,000

The Cotswold - 16 Bracken Hill Detached For Sale £ 325,000

The Pennington B - 11 Bracken Hill Detached For Sale £ 335,000

The Gracemount - 14 Bracken Hill Detached For Sale £ 365,000

The Gracemount - 12 Bracken Hill Detached For Sale £ 365,000

The Pennington B - 10 Bracken Hill Detached For Sale £ 335,000

The Cotswold - 15 Bracken Hill Detached For Sale £ 325,000

Mulberry Court (A)* - 29 Bracken Hill Townhouse For Sale £ 310,000

The Cotswold - 12a Bracken Hill Detached For Sale £ 325,000

The Newton - 17 Bracken Hill Detached For Sale £ 300,000

The Mill (A)* - 26 Bracken Hill Townhouse For Sale £ 250,000

The Mill (A)* - 27 Bracken Hill Townhouse For Sale £ 245,000

The Mill (B)* - 28 Bracken Hill Townhouse For Sale £ 235,000

oh dear...someone's got burnt badly..must have been the garden size that pushed the price up :rolleyes:

Edited by subby

Elm Gatelodge - 9 Bracken Hill Detached Sale Agreed £ 395,000

oh dear...someone's got burnt badly..must have been the garden size that pushed the price up :rolleyes:

Could be, but the £395K is the 'asking price' as it says at the top of the column, not the sell price.

My thoughts.

Good grief I had a sense of deja vu and thought I had warped back to late 2006/7. Are those prices real or a joke.?

http://www.propertynews.com/search/188747960/

I think all mcginnis stuff is over priced. Good luck to anyone trying to sell a house in Wellington

Square at the price they paid.

I would be looking at least 30% off those.

My thoughts.

Good grief I had a sense of deja vu and thought I had warped back to late 2006/7. Are those prices real or a joke.?

http://www.propertynews.com/search/188747960/

My thoughts exactly doccyboy, any of the bears on HPC actually bought or made an offer on this development?

On a separate point, Templetons pricing across the board seems 'out of touch' to say the least. Looking for a 4 bed detached and saw some of their price in Garland an Royal Lodge and nearly choked. £350k for a 4 bed in four winds in need of kitchen / bathroom replacement. Good luck to them!

Years ago on a Nolan TV show Beth Robinson said that prices were back to 2004 levels - unfortunately they have not heard this message in the office and continued as if it was still 2007.

and here is the thread to prove it

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=136751&view=findpost&p=2389145

She misspoke. And is an EA. And you believed her.

On a separate point, Templetons pricing across the board seems 'out of touch' to say the least.

Very much the case, I wont bother making much of an effort look up a price of a house I might be interested in if it has one of their boards up outside, whereas the same place with another agent I would look up as soon as possible.

Very much the case, I wont bother making much of an effort look up a price of a house I might be interested in if it has one of their boards up outside, whereas the same place with another agent I would look up as soon as possible.

They’re out of touch, saying in the media prices are at 2004 levels but still taking on instructions at 2007 prices. I agree, I don’t even bother viewing now if one of their boards are up.

Yes I'm the same on propertynews - if it's an unrealistic EA then I won't bother to look at the house.

Particularly F--- Da------ "We know the market value better than you" -- and that will be why you have about 700 houses on your books not selling.

Interesting, I know back in the day TR used to low ball the asking to get bidding interest and was wondering if they have now flipped that strategy and are now open to decent negotiation so that the buyer feels they are getting a bargain. Being the optimistic bear that i am :rolleyes: . Sounds like this is not the case though .....anyone had any experiences of making cheeky offers to TR?

Interesting, I know back in the day TR used to low ball the asking to get bidding interest and was wondering if they have now flipped that strategy and are now open to decent negotiation so that the buyer feels they are getting a bargain. Being the optimistic bear that i am :rolleyes: . Sounds like this is not the case though .....anyone had any experiences of making cheeky offers to TR?

I can only describe them as delusional.

From all accounts this is one of sites that is selling

That'll be the mcginnis shared equity scheme/co-ownership/first buy/momentum.

How could you not get sales when the financing bank is trying to bend over backwards to lend unwitting FTBs the money at these ridiculous prices. They've lent the developer too much so are trying everything they can to off load the toxic debt onto individuals. The developer obviously can’t drop the price or the balance sheet is shot (further).

That'll be the mcginnis shared equity scheme/co-ownership/first buy/momentum.

How could you not get sales when the financing bank is trying to bend over backwards to lend unwitting FTBs the money at these ridiculous prices. They've lent the developer too much so are trying everything they can to off load the toxic debt onto individuals. The developer obviously can’t drop the price or the balance sheet is shot (further).

No thats a link to their Cooper's Mill Development on the Newtownards Road

Bracken Hill is on the Saintfield Road. I dont see any of the things you have mentioned on the Bracken Hall website

No thats a link to their Cooper's Mill Development on the Newtownards Road

Bracken Hill is on the Saintfield Road. I dont see any of the things you have mentioned on the Bracken Hall website

Sorry my bad, I'm sure it'll come. First Buy and co-ownership it is then. Not sure where the sales figures are available.

I had to laugh when I saw the sales literature which had the 'price' column titles 'Suggested Price' - i.e. no basis on anything but hoping you will be gullable enough to pay.....Not sure if they are actually sales listed or merely booked sites.

What do you do if you can't sell your over priced new builds???

You rent them out.

http://www.propertynews.com/Property/Belfast/ECSECS27703/4-Bracken-Hill-Terrace/

http://www.propertynews.com/Property/Belfast/ECSECS27702/6-Bracken-Hill-Terrace/

Must admit I can't really see the point in buying a new build that's been "lived" in.

If a developer rents out a new build and has claimed his VAT back on the build, is he not liabiale for then repaying the vat when he rents?

If a developer rents out a new build and has claimed his VAT back on the build, is he not liabiale for then repaying the vat when he rents?

Short answer yes.

long answer, no. - He can sell to himself as a newbuild and then rent. No different to selling to any other landlord.

In the above case I couldn't see any evidence that McGinnis still owned the property.