House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

General Zod

New Member - Hello!

Hello folks.

I was directed towards this forum [from another forum] as it was felt my comments on the economy are suited to this site; so some of you may already know who I am. ;)

In a nutshell, here is what I believe:

• Gold is the King of all investments and Precious Metals [Physical] in general are the only form of investment worth considering.

• The $ is toast and I am shorting it against the GBP and EUR till the sun sets in the West.

• A Mortgage – The Death Pledge - is one of the grandest cons known to mankind.

I’m going to have a scour of the achieves and then post later.

Speak soon.

;)

Hello folks.

I was directed towards this forum [from another forum] as it was felt my comments on the economy are suited to this site; so some of you may already know who I am. ;)

• Gold is the King of all investments and Precious Metals [Physical] in general are the only form of investment worth considering.

• The $ is toast and I am shorting it against the GBP and EUR till the sun sets in the West.

• A Mortgage �" The Death Pledge - is one of the grandest cons known to mankind.

Speak soon.

;)

tosser

So I don't get a Hello? Charming.

Hello. This is the off-topic forum. You should post the economic stuff in the main forum. ;)

So I don't get a Hello? Charming.

You do get a hello! ;)

A bulletin board like this is a bit like a "virtual pub"!

All sorts of opinions here!

:blink:

Hiya. Just to let you know, there's an awful lot of old-timers on here that don't like new menbers and will be quite nasty. I think it's just their secret caring protective side just wanting to scare off the trolls from 'their' forum.

Guest Skinty

Welcome General Zod.

Now pay attention as I quickly introduce HPC.

At face value the forum is primarily made up of people who recognised the onset of an asset bubble in the housing market. But you can further distinguish the types of posters on here. Many use it for astro-turfing and for swaying people's opinions in a particular way. The main culprits are the pro-BNP supporters and the man made global warming deniers. The BNP'ers are more prolific with their threads but are more likely to end up in the off-topic forum. The global man made warming deniers normally cause one thread to go on for hundreds of pages and somehow manage to keep it from being moved to the off topic forum. I think their trick is to hijack other threads that were originally on topic. So please do not mention man made global warming unless you want the thread to be hijacked (see this thread as an example as I have mentioned those words too many times now).

There are also the gold bugs. I'm afraid many of your brethren have left this site for other ones where their gold ramping is still acceptable. Think of it more as a coup with the gold bugs being in exile. If you want to ramp gold then please do so subtly and preferably refer to it as if it is pains you to have to point out its existance. You may find the term "yellow stuff" useful.

Being a gold bug I also assume that you are a hyper-inflationist, in which case you may enjoy the long repetitive arguments in the main topic forum. No one ever changes their opinions but the argument goes something like this. The amount of quantitative easing taking place means that the central banks will overshoot and hyper-inflation will take place. The deflationists point out that the money loaned to banks to fill their black holes does not reach the economy and that wages are only going to deflate. The inflationists say that this doesn't matter and then go on about "printy printy"

Which brings me to the next subject. Buzzwords. The use of the phrase "printy printy" is more effective when used with a photo of a printing press, as the idea is that it adds weight to the idea that the government will post large wads of paper cash through people's letterboxes. "Recovereh!" refers to the green shoots of recovery. Presumably it's to be said like "Timmy!" from South Park. I've never figured out where "Zanu labour" came from, but you might also want to refer to them as "liebour".

Please take every opportunity to laugh at the Anthea Turner, Grant Bovey, the Wilsons, Kirsty Allsopp and Labour politicians. If anyone starts a pro-islamic thread then basically they are trying to provoke us to provide examples to show other muslims what an evil bunch we are. So please don't feed the trolls and post pictures of flying dogs, gay penguins and sexy people from science fiction.

We also have the baked beans and shotgun shell survivalists who think that civilisation is going to end for some reason, whether it be because of a flu pandemic, peak oil, the collapse of the global economy or civil unrest. Then of course there are those that see all doom mongers as being taking in by media hype and forget that there can be some underlying truth to it all and that reality will be somewhere between the two extremes.

You will also find two other groups that don't really contribute anything to the discussion anymore. They just hang around like the zombies from Dawn of the Dead following the same daily routine that they used to have when alive. One group is easy going and just makes jokes and silly comments. The other group just moans about everything and puts people down.

Of course some posters belong to more than one group at a time. We also have the baby boomers and the generation X'ers ranting at each other. The baby boomers say that they never had ipods and dishwashers when they were young and that life has never been so easy and that they never went binge drinking themselves. The generation X'ers say that they only do this because there is no chance of them getting a house for themselves and what is going on is inter-generational theft.

So please take the time to look around, feel free to pick up a leaflet or two and I hope that you enjoy your stay.

Guest theboltonfury
Hello folks.

• A Mortgage – The Death Pledge - is one of the grandest cons known to mankind.

Speak soon.

;)

Your lunacy will ensure you settle in here in no time at all.

Welcome.

Guest X-QUORK
So please take the time to look around, feel free to pick up a leaflet or two and I hope that you enjoy your stay.

Nice precis of the loony bin Skinty!

Guest theboltonfury
Welcome General Zod.

At face value the forum is primarily made up of people who recognised the onset of an asset bubble in the housing market. But you can further distinguish the types of posters on here. Many use it for astro-turfing and for swaying people's opinions in a particular way. The main culprits are the pro-BNP supporters and the man made global warming deniers. The BNP'ers are more prolific with their threads but are more likely to end up in the off-topic forum. The global man made warming deniers normally cause one thread to go on for hundreds of pages and somehow manage to keep it from being moved to the off topic forum. I think their trick is to hijack other threads that were originally on topic. So please do not mention man made global warming unless you want the thread to be hijacked (see this thread as an example as I have mentioned those words too many times now).

There are also the gold bugs. I'm afraid many of your brethren have left this site for other ones where their gold ramping is still acceptable. Think of it more as a coup with the gold bugs being in exile. If you want to ramp gold then please do so subtly and preferably refer to it as if it is pains you to have to point out its existance. You may find the term "yellow stuff" useful.

Being a gold bug I also assume that you are a hyper-inflationist, in which case you may enjoy the long repetitive arguments in the main topic forum. No one ever changes their opinions but the argument goes something like this. The amount of quantitative easing taking place means that the central banks will overshoot and hyper-inflation will take place. The deflationists point out that the money loaned to banks to fill their black holes does not reach the economy and that wages are only going to deflate. The inflationists say that this doesn't matter and then go on about "printy printy"

Which brings me to the next subject. Buzzwords. The use of the phrase "printy printy" is more effective when used with a photo of a printing press, as the idea is that it adds weight to the idea that the government will post large wads of paper cash through people's letterboxes. "Recovereh!" refers to the green shoots of recovery. Presumably it's to be said like "Timmy!" from South Park. I've never figured out where "Zanu labour" came from, but you might also want to refer to them as "liebour".

Please take every opportunity to laugh at the Anthea Turner, Grant Bovey, the Wilsons, Kirsty Allsopp and Labour politicians. If anyone starts a pro-islamic thread then basically they are trying to provoke us to provide examples to show other muslims what an evil bunch we are. So please don't feed the trolls and post pictures of flying dogs, gay penguins and sexy people from science fiction.

We also have the baked beans and shotgun shell survivalists who think that civilisation is going to end for some reason, whether it be because of a flu pandemic, peak oil, the collapse of the global economy or civil unrest. Then of course there are those that see all doom mongers as being taking in by media hype and forget that there can be some underlying truth to it all and that reality will be somewhere between the two extremes.

You will also find two other groups that don't really contribute anything to the discussion anymore. They just hang around like the zombies from Dawn of the Dead following the same daily routine that they used to have when alive. One group is easy going and just makes jokes and silly comments. The other group just moans about everything and puts people down.

Of course some posters belong to more than one group at a time. We also have the baby boomers and the generation X'ers ranting at each other. The baby boomers say that they never had ipods and dishwashers when they were young and that life has never been so easy and that they never went binge drinking themselves. The generation X'ers say that they only do this because there is no chance of them getting a house for themselves and what is going on is inter-generational theft.

good work, very funny. and very true.

Edit - you forgot the lurkers who start the occasional post with 'I have been lurking on this site since XXXX' - usually followed with a reason that they don't like you very much.

Guest Skinty
Skinty ...you forgot the white supremacists ..... they won't like not being involved

I thought I had covered them with references to the BNP. But now that I think about it, I did forget about the left-wing BNP reactionaries.

Welcome General Zod.

- - - - - - - - - - - - snip

I think you forgot to mention posting pictures of Donkeys.

Welcome General Zod, look forward to reading your contributions. Skinty pretty much summed it up. You may even get silenced if you mention the yellow stuff on the main forum but most likely your thread will get moved to the blackhole forums namely "gold and precious metals" forum.

btw skinty Zanu Labour refers to Mugabes Zanu PF, Brown and Mugabe were separated at birth you see...Fascist money printers ;)

Guest มร หล&#3
Welcome General Zod.

Geezus, Skinty you went to some trouble.

Someone send this guy a General Zod avatar and tell him how to load it.

I've contracted some dire tropical disease so I'm off to bed.

If anyone starts a pro-islamic thread then basically they are trying to provoke us to provide examples to show other muslims what an evil bunch we are. So please don't feed the trolls and post pictures of flying dogs, gay penguins and sexy people from science fiction.

So does that mean we should post pictures of flying dogs, gay penguins and sexy people from science fiction or not. I'm confused.

Here's a picture but it's of a lying dog just to be on the safe side

sleepy.jpg

post-13003-1244766577_thumb.jpg