House Price Crash Forum
The Masked Tulip

Bbc Stars Told Salaries To Be Slashed By Up To 40% In Crunch Meeting With Bosses

Some of the BBC's biggest stars have been warned their wages will be drastically slashed by up to 40 per cent.

In what was described as a g' Around 100 of the corporation's biggest names, including Jeremy Clarkson and Terry Wogan, were given the unwelcome news in a 'very grim meeting' with BBC bosses.

Any presenter earning £100,000 a year or more will have their salary slashed by 25 per cent, while some of the BBC's highest paid stars could have their pay cut by as much as 40 per cent.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11...ing-bosses.html

As many of the national and regional newsreaders are on about 90K that means no cuts for them at all. Clever BBC!

Good, can the licence fee be reduced then?

Has it ever been reduced?

Just don’t pay it.

The BBC are fracked

5 years from now you will be able to watch worldwide TV around for free.

Who is going to pay £150pa to the fascist BBC when they can get 1000 channels for free on the net?

Hopefully the conservatives realise this and sell the BBC before it is worthless (they could get £20-40B today depending on how much debt the basturds have.)

Edited by cells

I read that James Nesbitt is off to the US because there's nothing available in UK tv drama. And I keep hearing Tony "Time Team" Robinson doing some piss-poor radio ads - has that show been cancelled?

The grey suits of the journo dept took over the BBC when Birt was in charge.

Dram and Documentaries were cut back, journos salaries were ramped up into 'star' league and suddenly journos were making docs, appearing in dramas and earning 6 figure salaries.

At the same time lots of the quality BBC dept, such as Drama and Docs above, were basically cut to the bone and other depts such as the Film Unit, Script Unit, etc, were got rid of.

The journos had a coup at the BBC and have been running it into the ground ever since IMPO. What do they care - they are earning mega bucks as they do so.

We don't need celebs. Sack the lot. Start new ones on virtually nothing and keep them there.

thats right, many on daytime tv bare their souls Just to be on the box. they do it for free.

Then extend the cuts to print media:

Coleen McCullough allegedly gets £100K pa for a weekly column on women's matters from Closer mag.

Boris Johnson gets £250K pa for a weekly 'column' in The Telegraph.

Let alone Rosie Millard's nonsense...

One mind game that I like to play sometimes when watching a TV celebrity is to imagine that he/she is just an unknown being auditioned for the job.

It amazes me how many of them, when belief in their reputation is suspended, are in fact rubbish at what they do.

Then again, some can be brilliant.

Guest KingCharles1st

I have decided to start a new children's program- Navel hospital, where I get all sorts of old and buggered up insects and incubate them in my navel until they are well enough to go back to being bed bugs, fleas, or whatever.

My opening bid will be 500k per show- more if I can get David Attenborough on board

To be truthful I wouldn't be overly fussed if I was told there would no longer be any TV. ;)

You probably would when you realised it meant millions of marauding chavs with time on their hands.

No TV or licence for me.

Don't miss it, never will. Got a nice 42" monitor hooked up to a dvd player and hard drive hooked up to one of these little beautys.

If you don't like it, quit whining and vote with your wallet, it's the only thing they'll pay attention to. :)

Actually, TV licence was changed a few years ago. If you simply have a monitor in your house now you have to pay the licence.

Actually, TV licence was changed a few years ago. If you simply have a monitor in your house now you have to pay the licence.

I'm pretty sure that's not right. I think you have to actually watch TV as it's broadcast. Sure someone will post a definitive answer shortly.

Daytime TV creates chavs.

Think about it - where were the chavs before daytime TV?

Were they in the pub before the smoking ban?

I love this ..

What a beautiful diversion .. pick on a bunch of people in the public eye and publicly push them into taking a pay cut .. at a time when there really is no alternative employment for them ..

However you leave the multiple tiers of ******ING USELESS TOSSERS in middle management with job titles like "High Definition Compliance officer"

Give Graham Norton his cash just let me loose on he rest of the organisation with a scythe ..

Yes they have slightly wound me up this week ..

Daytime TV creates chavs.

Think about it - where were the chavs before daytime TV?

Doing something useful maybe.

Such as cooking, sewing, voluntary work, looking out and checking on their elderly neighbours, reading to their children, learning a trade, reading a book or walking in the park etc.

Tell me. ;)

I love this ..

What a beautiful diversion .. pick on a bunch of people in the public eye and publicly push them into taking a pay cut .. at a time when there really is no alternative employment for them ..

However you leave the multiple tiers of ******ING USELESS TOSSERS in middle management with job titles like "High Definition Compliance officer"

Give Graham Norton his cash just let me loose on he rest of the organisation with a scythe ..

Yes they have slightly wound me up this week ..

I can see you're a man who needs his light entertainment.