House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest skullingtonjoe

New Pm - Commander Straker Or Koenig?

Guest skullingtonjoe

I was just thinking about who could replace Gordon as the new PM. It struck me that two obvious choices could be Commander Straker from the series `UFO` or commander Koenig from the series `Space 1999` (both produced by Anderson studios).

So - which command style would be most appropriate for the job?

Guest anorthosite
I was just thinking about who could replace Gordon as the new PM. It struck me that two obvious choices could be Commander Straker from the series `UFO` or commander Koenig from the series `Space 1999` (both produced by Anderson studios).

So - which command style would be most appropriate for the job?

Captain Kirk would pi$$ all over both of them, and he'd have Caroline Flint & Nadine Dorries three times daily as well.

Guest skullingtonjoe
Captain Kirk would pi$$ all over both of them, and he'd have Caroline Flint & Nadine Dorries three times daily as well.

I should define the question parameters more clearly: which of the commanders from the Anderson Studio from either Space 1999 or UFO would be best suited for the job. This is a British operation (yes, I know Ed Straker was an American, but please try to follow the spirit of the quiz!) ;)

Guest anorthosite
I should define the question parameters more clearly: which of the commanders from the Anderson Studio from either Space 1999 or UFO would be best suited for the job. This is a British operation (yes, I know Ed Straker was an American, but please try to follow the spirit of the quiz!) ;)

I vote for Scotty in that case :P

Guest skullingtonjoe
What a stupid poll!!

Commander Straker, obviously.

The poll is a not that stupid!

But thanks for the use of on-topic and valid parameters in answering. ;)

Guest skullingtonjoe
His hair is weird, but at least he doesn't wear excessively tight jumpers.

When The Shamen were big in the late `80s/early `90s I kept thinking that Cmdr. Straker looked a bit like Shamen rapper, Mr C. Actually, I was quite wrong!

Koenig was CRAP: I used to wonder even back then how he got to be in charge. In fact, he kind of reminds me of the current PM.... No my vote is for Stryker if he is the only one of the poll, or for Maya as she is hot and can change form (to something even hotter and flexier?) or Tony Verdeschi, as he seemed to be the most competent leader on Moonbase Alpha.

Agree, though, Smirky knocks them all into a cocked hat.

Koenig was figurehead, whereas Straker was a hands-on, behind the scenes type of leader. His identity was kept a secret for obvious reasons. In fact, how do you know that Commander Straker isn't already leading the country? (Apart from everything being fvcked up).

Vote Blake...get Avon.

We wanted the charismatic bloke who was always talking about his social conscience.

This somehow led to us winding up with the paranoid bloke who he was always arguing with.

Science fiction obviously, could never happen here ^_^

Guest anorthosite
Vote Blake...get Avon.

We wanted the charismatic bloke who was always talking about his social conscience.

This somehow led to us winding up with the paranoid bloke who he was always arguing with.

Geek post of the century!

Can I suggest you get your hands on a copy of "Blake's Junction 7"?

Vote Blake...get Avon.

NOW you're talking my language.......

Actually, I prefered Avon to Blake. Does that make me a potential Broon supporter? God, I hope not :(

NOW you're talking my language.......

Actually, I prefered Avon to Blake. Does that make me a potential Broon supporter? God, I hope not :(

In recent days I thought they were having a reasonable go at re-enacting the last episode.

Guest anorthosite
Good call !! Unfortunately, we have

baltar2.jpg

Actually, I kind of liked his successor

Baltar_Season_3.jpg

And as much as he was in full Bush/Blair/Brown mode at the end of series 2 & start of series 3, I can't imagine those guys doing what he does at the end of season 4. I won't say what and spoil it just in case though ;)

Hmmm, the thread's going off topic. There's too much confusion.

Can anyone hear that song?

Actually, I kind of liked his successor

And as much as he was in full Bush/Blair/Brown mode at the end of series 2 & start of series 3, I can't imagine those guys doing what he does at the end of season 4. I won't say what and spoil it just in case though ;)

Hmmm, the thread's going off topic. There's too much confusion.

Can anyone hear that song?

Compare and contrast : Caprica 6 or Cherie Blair...... ?

Difficult one, that !!

I think some Farscape-isms sum up our current situation (as a country, not necessarily on this thread:

[said to a complaining newcomer]

John Crichton: Welcome to the Federation Starship SS Buttcrack.

[slaps his own rear end]

Captain Biallar Crais: You have no idea where we're going. We could be going around in circles.

John Crichton: We're not going in circles, nimrod, 'cause we've never been here before. We're completely lost.

John Crichton: How do you say 'we're screwed' in your native tongue?

John Crichton: Well, you gotta know how deep the doo-doo is Ryg, if you're gonna dig your way out.

Chiana: Distress call. Directed at us?

John Crichton: [laughing] How stupid is that?

John Crichton: Whoa... hell, we're screwed.

Dominar Rygel XVI: Should I disrobe so it's memorable?

Guest anorthosite
Compare and contrast : Caprica 6 or Cherie Blair...... ?

Difficult one, that !!

Hmmm.....

caprica6.jpg or cherie_blair.jpg

Can the ladies clear this one up for us as well?

article-1059091-02BDFB0800000578-593_468x793.jpg

or

jamie_bamber.jpg

Battlestar Galactica. Not just a TV show, but a lesson in democracy & leadership.

Ok, I've been here too long. There must be some kind of way out of here.

And where is that damn song coming from?