House Price Crash Forum

I've recently noticed a few comments along the lines of "a lot of properties were going under offer or STC, around easter, but in the last few weeks there seems to have been a slow down in this and a few more new properties are coming on"

I have just done a property bee trawl for Surrey and can confirm this trend. A lot of new stock and price drops/multi agency on the stale stuff.

Looks like the spring bounce is over, now its time for the Summer time blues.

I've recently noticed a few comments along the lines of "a lot of properties were going under offer or STC, around easter, but in the last few weeks there seems to have been a slow down in this and a few more new properties are coming on"

I have just done a property bee trawl for Surrey and can confirm this trend. A lot of new stock and price drops/multi agency on the stale stuff.

Might be more over than anyone is willing to admit:

Surveyors Pricing Realistically

Approvals prove not 2b what they appeared 2b

Interesstingly I did exactly the same trawl in two areas where I own yesterday and saw 3 and 5 precisely homes newly listed in the last two weeks, prices I don't think had risen but they hadn't fallen either.

My summation, we are still in a downturn, just taking a pause but there's very little, if anything I would buy out there at the moment even ignoring price.

I've just done a quick check of my target market and am seeing the same - even a few PRs.

This is a reversal of the trend over the last six months.

new instructions springing up everywhere near us - east midlands. prices seems very soft as well - good 20% down on what i would have expected at the peak - no question. all 3 houses next to ours have just come on the market, many more down the road. rising prices must have brought them out.

Any serious spring bounce needs a glut of FTBs making up the foundations.

Hardly any typical first time buyer properties are shifting, and prices round here remain on a painfully slow downward trend. Must be fun for all of those in chains.

If this is more then a seasonal blip, all I can say is there must be a lot of cash buyers out there. True, there's some good 90% mortgage deals out there at the moment. Yet 90% of £120k for a two up two down is still out of reach for most young people, and the days of 5-6 x income multiples are long gone.

new instructions springing up everywhere near us - east midlands. prices seems very soft as well - good 20% down on what i would have expected at the peak - no question. all 3 houses next to ours have just come on the market, many more down the road. rising prices must have brought them out.

All your neighbours moving,you got an Asbo or sumfink?

BS :P

I hope you are right! Still on here in NW London!

Over the last week or so, I've seen what amounts to a flood of empty no-chain properties come onto the market - mix of btl and 'family' properties (an old un has died and the family has decided to put it on the market). Seems like many have been awaiting for signs of an upturn before bothering to market their properties.

Yeah, happened to do a search on Right Move this morning in a few areas I look at regularly and a lot more decent properties are listed. Problem is they're all around the 280K mark for a either a 2 or 3 bed house. I hope we'll continue to see more falls, because they're still expensive.

How have things been looking the past few weeks ?

Someone posted this today here:

HPC Link

I have been following an area on Rightmove - 298 standard 3 bed houses, over one hundred are SSTC in the space of 6 weeks, this is more than cash rich speculators and panic buying from people who believe high intrest rates are on the horizon this is the fundemantals of a market which is begining to move, a bulltrap maybe; but this is going to be a long and drawn out one which has once again been manipulated by this government

Where is this going?

Edited by Sybil13

Spring bounce definitely over in my area and price cuts are starting again ;)

Snap.

All that sold around me were nice houses that were already reduced after long sale periods, or huoses put on at decent starting prices.

All the sh1t is still there at either reduced, but still too high asking prices or the really silly sellers that have just insisted on holding out for their 07 price.

I've been encouraged by the lack of movement where I live as it's one of those areas where things sell, sell, sell - leafy Surrey, don't ya know.

I'm expecting decent falls once things bite properly and sentiment finally ******s off as it is about to.

I've looked at a few houses just for sport, and had the usual EA lies, including "there are several offers near asking price" and "this house has people fighting to see it - offer now" and they are still unsold.

I'll rent for a few more months and then see, I think.

Edited by pie-eater