House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
what_the

Fake Queue At Belfast Ea

hi

causing some hilarity on the other side of the Irish Sea...

http://www.contractjournal.com/Articles/20...nts-photos.html

Belfast house builder has been criticised for staging a queue of first-time buyers outside an estate agents, in a bid to stimulate interest in a new development.

The PR agency for Bradkeel Developments, which is building Belfast's Sugar Walk scheme, sent out a press release entitled 'Worth the Wait', with photos of people queueing, one sat in a deckchair and wrapped in a sleeping bag.

The press release claimed: "A group of potential purchasers queued outside the Templeton Robinson estate agent's Lisburn Road office yesterday, preparing to register for an iconic apartment in the Sugar Walk complex, based in the heart of Cathedral Quarter in Belfast."

However, the photos have been exposed as at least partially fake, according to the Irish Times. The woman in the deck chair at the head of the queue is actually a model paid by PR agency Michelle McTernan Management.

"I did put a good-looking girl at the front of the queue and paid for her to be there as a model," admitted the agency's Michelle McTernan. "I know if there's someone good-looking in the photograph it has more chance of being in the papers."

Bradkeel Developments' Paul Fitzsimons defended the stunt, saying the other people standing in the photos were genuine potential buyers who had been told to gather there last Thursday to receive brochures and see a special sculpture of the complex made from sugar cubes.

He said deposits had been paid on 35 of the apartments retailing from £135,000.

John Davis of property consultants Davis and Armstrong, told the newspaper: "Everyone and his dog is trying to talk up the market so that people again feel panicked that they should get back on to the ladder. "The reality is that there is very little demand for property in the north of Ireland."

Below: 'Buyers' queue outside the Templeton Robinson estate agent.

yourfile.jpg

post-8507-1244631366_thumb.jpg

"....the other people standing in the photos were genuine potential buyers who had been told to gather there last Thursday to receive brochures and see a special sculpture of the complex made from sugar cubes.."

and to think there is criticism of the word "sheeple".

hi

causing some hilarity on the other side of the Irish Sea...

http://www.contractjournal.com/Articles/20...nts-photos.html

Belfast house builder has been criticised for staging a queue of first-time buyers outside an estate agents, in a bid to stimulate interest in a new development.

The PR agency for Bradkeel Developments, which is building Belfast's Sugar Walk scheme, sent out a press release entitled 'Worth the Wait', with photos of people queueing, one sat in a deckchair and wrapped in a sleeping bag.

The press release claimed: "A group of potential purchasers queued outside the Templeton Robinson estate agent's Lisburn Road office yesterday, preparing to register for an iconic apartment in the Sugar Walk complex, based in the heart of Cathedral Quarter in Belfast."

However, the photos have been exposed as at least partially fake, according to the Irish Times. The woman in the deck chair at the head of the queue is actually a model paid by PR agency Michelle McTernan Management.

"I did put a good-looking girl at the front of the queue and paid for her to be there as a model," admitted the agency's Michelle McTernan. "I know if there's someone good-looking in the photograph it has more chance of being in the papers."

Bradkeel Developments' Paul Fitzsimons defended the stunt, saying the other people standing in the photos were genuine potential buyers who had been told to gather there last Thursday to receive brochures and see a special sculpture of the complex made from sugar cubes. He said deposits had been paid on 35 of the apartments retailing from £135,000.

Below: 'Buyers' queue outside the Templeton Robinson estate agent.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::rolleyes:

I had a look at the floorplans for the development, and would have to say I wouldn't be be keen given the layout.. The apartments are set in corridors with quite a number of apartments on each, so less privacy and increased potential for noise disturbance late at night when other residents are returning home and walking past your front door...

Given that there appears to have been a marketing push towards investors given the proximity of the new UUJ campus, this would further make me very wary if it gets a high ratio of BTL's rented out to students. Am not tarring all students with same brush, as a minority of 'young executives/proffesionals' can be equally rowdy but I think Im out on those factors...

Far be it from me to run down another developer but what a disaster. Have any of you seen the adds on the back page of the home finder- it is unbelievable. Look at the text.

Besides it is not in the Cathedral quarter at all it i across the road in old little Italy. You probably never heard of that area but nobody has lived their from the blitz. Doesn't mean it cant be redeveloped but this scheme on its own is not going to do it. £135k for a one bedroom apartment - no thanks. I just get over that for a good semi in a good area.

I realy don't know what he was thinking on his PR - never mind the photo the text is mind blowing.

The public will judge with their £