House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ruffneck

Is The English Language A Disadvantage?

India has a few hundred million English speakers , does this work as a disadvantage in regards to outsourcing?

Wondering how many Dutch or German based companies are able to outsource IT/call centre work to cheap countries?

India has a few hundred million English speakers , does this work as a disadvantage in regards to outsourcing?

Wondering how many Dutch or German based companies are able to outsource IT/call centre work to cheap countries?

It will prove to be a great advantage when India are outsourcing their IT/call centre work to cheaper countries.

Probably not so many. When I lived in Germany, I didn't get plagued by calls from people with strong Indian accents claiming to be called John Smith (or Johann Schmidt) and strangely interested in my utilities provision, like I do now. :(

Guest redwine

the french use there ex-colonies morroco,tunisia to outsource there callcentre network

i could imagine the spainish using south america or portugal setting up in in brazil

as for the germans not so sure if they have a "cheap" ex-colony to outsouce IT work

Guest X-QUORK
as for the germans not so sure if they have a "cheap" ex-colony to outsouce IT work

Poland.

Guest redwine
Poland.

they could also go to turkey germany has a huge turkish population

probably cheaper than poland

Guest X-QUORK
they could also go to turkey germany has a huge turkish population

probably cheaper than poland

And Croatia for that matter.

No, but the lack of qualifications and/or ambition that leads you to end up in a call centre in the first place is a huge disadvantage...

not everybody can be on big salaries , society needs lower paid jobs as well

maybe alot of these call centre people were just doing it to pay some bills while they went through university to get these qualifications you talk about?

Have you spoken to any of them?? Its like saying dogs can walk on their back legs. They can do it in a fashion, not very well.

Have you spoken to any of them?? Its like saying dogs can walk on their back legs. They can do it in a fashion, not very well.

Er Yes. Some speak excellent English, some suffer from weak vocabulary and dialect issues (similar to many Brits), and some speak rather poor English, albeit much better than my Indian. I feel it is difficult to generalise in a meaningful way.

yup , that isn't stopping the outsourcing though is it

my point was they can speak english better than they speak german

the french use there ex-colonies morroco,tunisia to outsource there callcentre network

i could imagine the spainish using south america or portugal setting up in in brazil

The Dutch use Surinam and Indonesia.

I know at least one big German company that outsources IT to Israel.

E2A: and I've thought of another German company that uses German speaking Ukranians

Probably not, there's loads of native nitwits who cant speak English properly either.

Guest redwine
The Dutch use Surinam and Indonesia.

I know at least one big German company that outsources IT to Israel.

E2A: and I've thought of another German company that uses German speaking Ukranians

i cant see the dutch using surinam its a very small country with a population of only 500,000

there only industry is mining 70% of the population live in poverty

they speak there own native indian dialect

its only "dutch" in a historic sence

Uruguay, Ecuador, Paraguay, Argentina, Chile, Peru.........................

(It's irony, OK?)

:lol: