House Price Crash Forum

Prices Cut And Agents Changed

tastingstars

HOLA441

I mentioned this in the Southwest Regional forum, but I have noticed that a number of high end houses (>£2m, of which Bath contains quite a few) have cut prices by 20% or more but have changed agent at the same time, thus ensuring that the drop doesn't register on PropertySnake. I can think of at least three large period properties that have done this, one of which has been refurbished by an overoptimistic developer and stuck on the market for *way* too much. It's now been standing empty for a year and the interest payments on the debt must be colossal.

HOLA442
I mentioned this in the Southwest Regional forum, but I have noticed that a number of high end houses (>£2m, of which Bath contains quite a few) have cut prices by 20% or more but have changed agent at the same time, thus ensuring that the drop doesn't register on PropertySnake. I can think of at least three large period properties that have done this, one of which has been refurbished by an overoptimistic developer and stuck on the market for *way* too much. It's now been standing empty for a year and the interest payments on the debt must be colossal.

Some of the agents in my area (NE Derbyshire) are in the habit of relisting their entire stock every few months, regardless of whether he price has been changed. They don't bother do new photos for the ones with snow on though :rolleyes:

HOLA443
Some of the agents in my area (NE Derbyshire) are in the habit of relisting their entire stock every few months, regardless of whether he price has been changed. They don't bother do new photos for the ones with snow on though :rolleyes:

Its the next leg down. I am seeing the same in Surrey.

HOLA444