House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

House Sales Surge Ahead

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/news/Hou...il/article.html

A BIG jump in house sales has been revealed by a Welsh estate agency.

Darlows said sales rose 34.2 per cent in May across South Wales.

The news is the latest in a series of brighter reports on the housing market in the past few months.

Bosses said there had been a rise of 60 per cent in the number of homes sold in Cardiff, and 14 per cent in the regional branches in Brynmawr, Caerphilly, Cwmbran, Merthyr Tydfil, Newport, Pontypool, Pontypridd and Tonypandy.

There had already been an increase of 46 per cent in the number of properties sold from January to March, and a further rise of 3.64 per cent in April.

Thomas Ross-Bason, sales director of Darlows, said: "These figures are very encouraging and show a long-term upturn in the market.

"As these statistics build, we become more and more confident that the property market is recovering.

There you go - biggest economic crisis since the Great Crash of 1929 and it is all over, sorted and hunky dory within 6 months!

:rolleyes:

A BIG jump in house sales has been revealed by a Welsh estate agency.

Darlows said sales rose 34.2 per cent in May across South Wales.

The news is the latest in a series of brighter reports on the housing market in the past few months.

Bosses said there had been a rise of 60 per cent in the number of homes sold in Cardiff, and 14 per cent in the regional branches in Brynmawr, Caerphilly, Cwmbran, Merthyr Tydfil, Newport, Pontypool, Pontypridd and Tonypandy.

There had already been an increase of 46 per cent in the number of properties sold from January to March, and a further rise of 3.64 per cent in April.

Thomas Ross-Bason, sales director of Darlows, said: "These figures are very encouraging and show a long-term upturn in the market.

"As these statistics build, we become more and more confident that the property market is recovering.

I'm not understanding these numbers at all.

This is why estate agents will never evolve as a species. WTF!? :lol:

miserable article but in a sense the fact that it was printed, even in a tiny, advertising-funded, provincial rag, is a sign that we're still addicted to HPI.

most companies putting out a 'story' aimed at selling things would focus on one or both of: (1) the quality of the product (high = good); or (2) the price of the product (low = good).

stupid stories like this show that the speculative motive for holding pwoperdee still looms large in our psyche.

There you go - biggest economic crisis since the Great Crash of 1929 and it is all over, sorted and hunky dory within 6 months!

29108_000bb9gp.jpg

GOD I LOVE THE SMELL OF HPI IN THE MORNING!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by HAMISH_MCTAVISH

GOD I LOVE THE SMELL OF RECOVERY IN THE MORNING!!!!!!!!!!

Jajaja.. wasn't it Tommy Cooper who used to say...

coopertommybio.jpg

JUST LIKE THAT!

Edited by libspero

by a Welsh estate agency.....

Well, at this point does it really matter?

Be it, Nationwide, Halifax, Rics,CML, Rightmove, you name it, you would have the same reaction............ :lol::lol:

Rise in percentage terms is often very misleading. I mean if they sold 10 houses in Wales last month and 16 this month it would be a 60pct rise. But it still wouldn't be very many.

Spurious spin.

Be it, Nationwide, Halifax, Rics,CML, Rightmove, you name it, you would have the same reaction............ :lol::lol:

No, only you would have the same reaction. Well, maybe you, Humpty McNumpty and one or two others.

Threetimesdead was pointing out that the source was an estate agent, and as such, was totally worthless. I was making the same point in my post.

If you actually read and understood those figures, perhaps you could explain it all to me. I mean, IF you had actually read, and understood... no, thought not...

No, only you would have the same reaction. Well, maybe you, Humpty McNumpty and one or two others.

Threetimesdead was pointing out that the source was an estate agent, and as such, was totally worthless. I was making the same point in my post.

If you actually read and understood those figures, perhaps you could explain it all to me. I mean, IF you had actually read, and understood... no, thought not...

Do not worry, I had this figured out...

In fact, any source remotely reporting what I would call positive news is worthless anyway.

I mean, all the sold signs around and SSTC on rightmove are just smoke and mirrors right? :blink:

You really take the biscuit with these comments...

I mean, all the sold signs around and SSTC on rightmove are just smoke and mirrors right? :blink:

Yes. Can't you see that?

The Land Registry is where the action, or lack of, is.

Yes. Can't you see that?

The Land Registry is where the action, or lack of, is.

Right. Let's try LR then...

Wales Region

House Price Index report - Wales Region

(January 2009 - April 2009)

Month

Index

Average

Price (£)

Monthly Change (%)

Annual Change (%)

Sales

Volume

January 2009

February 2009

March 2009

-

April 2009

As you can see March and April showed rises, in line with what the EA is reporting in term of activity picking up.

There is really some action there :lol:

http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Valerius

Right. Let's try LR then...

Wales Region

House Price Index report - Wales Region

(January 2009 - April 2009)

Month

Index

Average

Price (£)

Monthly Change (%)

Annual Change (%)

Sales

Volume

January 2009

February 2009

March 2009

-

April 2009

As you can see March and April showed rises, in line with what the EA is reporting in term of activity picking up.

There is really some action there :lol:

http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nope. Can't see them because you haven't shown them.

Number of sales for March and April, that is.

"There had already been an increase of 46 per cent in the number of properties

sold from January to March, and a further rise of 3.64 per cent in April."

Apparently. :blink:

Nice try.

The VI spin in the press is relentless , almost as bad as the trolling of this forum :rolleyes:.

The VI spin in the press is relentless , almost as bad as the trolling of this forum :rolleyes:.

They are as pathetic as each other.