House Price Crash Forum
PropertyPal

Propertypal.com

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to say that PropertyPal.com continues to gain ground on our rival PropertyNews but we have still loads more work to do to make the site better.

I have come on to the forum to ask for features that you guys would like to see.

We have had some feedback that our search abilities in Belfast are a little lame. Some people want to be able to search 'Stranmillis' or South Belfast' for example. We are working on that as we speak.

Is there anything else you guys would like us to do?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

PropertyPal.com

Edited by PropertyPal.com

Hi PropertyPal

congratulations on a great website and on seemingly becoming bigger than Propertynews. i posted this morning that I would gladly see you blow that website out the water.

If property bee was linked to propertypal we would all be able to see changes EAs make to the listings.

And it would be great if thetreesdontgrowtothesky would show the postcode eg BT9 BT14 etc when your searching the propertypal weekly reductions.

I appreciate neither of the above relate to something you can undertake on your website directly but they are the 2 things that still make it more likely ill head over to propertynews than propertypal

Edited by getdoon_weebobby

Hi PropertyPal

congratulations on a great website and on seemingly becoming bigger than Propertynews. i posted this morning that I would gladly see you blow that website out the water.

If property bee was linked to propertypal we would all be able to see changes EAs make to the listings.

And it would be great if thetreesdontgrowtothesky would show the postcode eg BT9 BT14 etc when your searching the propertypal weekly reductions.

I appreciate neither of the above relate to something you can undertake on your website directly but they are the 2 things that still make it more likely ill head over to propertynews than propertypal

Thank you for that.

Both the points you mention about Property Bee and the Postcodes on TDGTTS are being looked at at the moment. We have been in communication with both sites and I know that Property Bee has already agreed to do it. I will do my best to get a date for when this will be completed.

Hi propertypal ;) Well done, your website is great, i really like the front page and the recent listing section.

I don't tend to go beyond the front page as the search facility in propertynews is better. If you changed the search facility so it is easier to use like propertynews then i wouldnt use propertynews and just use your site.

Also, a link to the rateable values would be great, as well as 'street finder' on google - think propertynews is just starting to use this.

Hope this helps,

sophia

Not sure if these have been suggested before...?

2 features I use daily on propertynews would be most useful...

- An email alert for new properties added/changes in price etc. which match my saved search criteria.

- And an RSS Feed for the same.

Thanks Guys. This is great feedback so far. Some of it we are aware of but it is still great to hear we are on the right tracks for what we are building.

By the way Sophia, we were the first portal in NI to have Google Street View. It is on all properties in NI that Google currently cover. It is not too obvious on our site yet but we intend to fix that soon.

Keep this coming Guys! It is the only way we can build a site that you would wish to use.

Many thanks,

PropertyPal.com

Edited by PropertyPal.com

Thanks Guys. This is great feedback so far. Some of it we are aware of but it is still great to hear we are on the right tracks for what we are building.

By the way Sophia, we were the first portal in NI to have Google Street View. It is on all properties in NI that Google currently cover. It is not too obvious on our site yet but we intend to fix that soon.

Keep this coming Guys! It is the only way we can build a site that you would wish to use.

Many thanks,

PropertyPal.com

Hi PropertyPal,

Great to see all these planned improvements.

Doccyboy mentioned a link to LPS site so that we can see Rateable value for each house.

As it is now the law I personally would like to see the EPC rating for all houses (for sale and rent). PN.com are already showing these (where available).

See http://www.propertynews.com/brochure.php?p=PNC339846

and compare it to the Propertypal.com listing: http://www.propertypal.com/19-spring-meadows-coleraine/23548

I'd also like to see you completely revamp your search function (make it like Property News)

I do like being able to select a specific area and seeing property only for that area.

I think you guys should really try and make your website functionality and format as similar as Property News as possible, currently Property News is the most widely used property website so people are used to how it works so I think people would be more likely to start using your service if it has a format that people are used to.

I don't like that current advanced search drop down menu you have

Also on your property listings I think you should have all the photos showing for each house, I'd have a thumbnail of each photo on your listings or you could even go one better and have the full size images of all the photos on the property listings page, sure you'd have slower load times but then the surfer could see all the full size images of that house on one page. This is actually a bit of an annoyance I have with most property portals, bebo, myspace you name it! Most surfers now have broadband (at least 1mb) and yet most websites are still using thumbnails mainly for speeding up load times.

In the case of property portals people are there specifically to see details about the property and the property photos so why not have all the info on one page, saves surfers having to click a bunch of thumbnail links to see all the info they are after.

The average number of photos is around the 5 - 7 mark anyway, so that's only about 1 - 2mb in total that'll take no more than 10 - 20 seconds to load at the very most.

The photos on your site load much faster than the photos on Property News listings though which is a major thumbs up

Anybody know how much crossover there is on between the 2 sites, I know there is some houses advertised on both sites. If we are getting 400+ reductions a week on PN and 500+ on PP, how many does this equate too in the real world? 600? 700?

Anybody know how much crossover there is on between the 2 sites, I know there is some houses advertised on both sites. If we are getting 400+ reductions a week on PN and 500+ on PP, how many does this equate too in the real world? 600? 700?

I would say there is a very high duplication. I would guess 96% of those on PPal are also on PNews.

We could also say the same for 'Sale Agreed' figures.