House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
singlemalt

C4 Dispatches: Crash Gordon

Errr?? is it just me or is everyone that's been interviewed speaking of the ongoing financial crisis in past tense!!! Have I missed something?

Errr?? is it just me or is everyone that's been interviewed speaking of the ongoing financial crisis in past tense!!! Have I missed something?

yes I thought that, and of course, no-one saw anything coming.

and nothing is going to happen tomorrow either.

Started in America.

EXCEPT when Brown WAS is Amewica, when it was global.

What struck me was how recently we were sat around wallowing in darkness and then a couple of months ago, someone turned the lights on.

Oh God yes, I think in a few weeks it will be GO, GO, GO for the new supercharged economy. (courtesy of mucho ++ QE)

I missed the first half of this: Could anyone tell me -- was it made clear that Brown took away the proper regulation that would otherwise have allowed the BoE to PREVENT LIAR LOANS.... and thus prevent the toxic loans here in the UK?

i.e. Brown is TOTALLY responsible for sub-prime here in the UK.

And - London [the City] was a crucial part of the chain where "SIVs", "CDOs" [etc.] were being made and sold - and thus at the heart of the MASSIVE mortgage fraud operation that led to the "credit crunch"..... And so -- whilst Broon was Chancellor - on his watch the City was at the core of the greatest EVER fraud operation - i.e."securitization"....?

:blink::blink:

Edited by eric pebble

CRASH! Aaaaaa-aaaaaaaaaaah! He saved everyone of us! Duh, duh!

Recorded this but I don't think I can afford to watch any more throw things at the TV programmes. I'll save it like a vintage wine for the day the ponzi scheme crumbles.

crash_gordon.jpg

post-5383-1244529473_thumb.jpg

Now available on 4oD Catch-Up for those who missed it (like me).

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/dispatc...atch-up#2920536

Crash Gordon

In the first account of its kind on television, award-winning journalist Andrew Rawnsley presents the inside political story of the credit crunch. The programme features exclusive interviews with senior figures close to the economic crisis, including cabinet ministers, senior politicians and former treasury insiders.

As Prime Minister, Gordon Brown has presided over the biggest recession in 75 years. Rawnsley examines the key moments, showing how Brown as Prime Minister inherited the economic problems of his own 10 years as chancellor. The programme charts the roller coaster journey of Brown's fortunes from the moment the credit crunch began.

Edited by ChesterCopperpot

I missed the first half of this: Could anyone tell me -- was it made clear that Brown took away the proper regulation that would otherwise have allowed the BoE to PREVENT LIAR LOANS.... and thus prevent the toxic loans here in the UK?

i.e. Brown is TOTALLY responsible for sub-prime here in the UK.

And - London [the City] was a crucial part of the chain where "SIVs", "CDOs" [etc.] were being made and sold - and thus at the heart of the MASSIVE mortgage fraud operation that led to the "credit crunch"..... And so -- whilst Broon was Chancellor - on his watch the City was at the core of the greatest EVER fraud operation - i.e."securitization"....?

:blink::blink:

Yes in a round about way, I thionk they called it lite touch regulation WTF that is i dont know.

Gordon also said no more boom and bust over a 100 times while chancelor according to the programme

Now available on 4oD Catch-Up for those who missed it (like me).

AMSTRAD DIZZY as your avatar? Good taste!

I used to play the Dizzy games like crazy on my CPC464 :rolleyes:

Yes in a round about way, I thionk they called it lite touch regulation WTF that is i dont know.

Gordon also said no more boom and bust over a 100 times while chancelor according to the programme

IT WAS DELIBERATE.

IT WAS CONCOCTED BY THE PROPERTY VIs AND THE MONEYLENDERS.

THE GREATEST FRAUD & CRIME IN HUMAN HISTORY.

IT WAS DELIBERATE.

IT WAS CONCOCTED BY THE PROPERTY VIs AND THE MONEYLENDERS.

THE GREATEST FRAUD & CRIME IN HUMAN HISTORY.

why didn't you say something sooner?

I threw up when when I saw the revolting little Hazel, so unfortunately didn't see anymore.

Was it anything but sound bites & bulloks?