House Price Crash Forum

Browns Scorched Earth Policy Is Even Worse Than I Feared

HOLA441

Many on here have said Brown is conducting a scorched earth policy, creating a huge amount of debt and an economy which relies heavily on public sector jobs for employment.

Leaving the Tories only one option but to sack thousands of civil servants and others whose work depends on the public sector.

Now I've just become even more alarmed, Brown is not just intend on destroying the economy if he can't be in power he's going to destroy the political system as well.

If Brown remains in power he will ensure the Tories inherit a political sphere which could split the country. Apathy is very dangerous.

He really is a very dangerous man, the more I think about him the more I think he's Gollum from the Lord of the Rings. Power has corrupted him and he's no longer living in reality.

We are entering a very dangerous period politically and Brown is too unstable to be in power.

HOLA442
Many on here have said Brown is conducting a scorched earth policy, creating a huge amount of debt and an economy which relies heavily on public sector jobs for employment.

Leaving the Tories only one option but to sack thousands of civil servants and others whose work depends on the public sector.

Now I've just become even more alarmed, Brown is not just intend on destroying the economy if he can't be in power he's going to destroy the political system as well.

If Brown remains in power he will ensure the Tories inherit a political sphere which could split the country. Apathy is very dangerous.

He really is a very dangerous man, the more I think about him the more I think he's Gollum from the Lord of the Rings. Power has corrupted him and he's no longer living in reality.

We are entering a very dangerous period politically and Brown is too unstable to be in power.

Watching all about him now on channel 4, 'CRASH GORDON', wonder where that title came from?

RiG

HOLA443
HOLA444
Guest Skinty
Never mind all that, Brown is going to end up destroying the Labour Party as well!

You say that as if it's a bad thing ...

HOLA445
HOLA446
You say that as if it's a bad thing ...

Long-term, the self-destruction of the Labour party might or might not be a good thing. But the destruction of the Labour party that we see before us now would be a very good thing.

Nick Clegg should be setting up an 'assylum centre' to cope with a possible flood of defections by Labour MPs...

HOLA447

I worry that the deed is already done, the putsch has occurred.

But as discussed elsewhere, Brown is not the one.

Yes - he is Gollum, rather than Sauron.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Doesn't matter if they do replace him, it's not just him that is the issue, it's their hopeless policies and pitiful achievements since in power. If they only want to serve the rich then they may as well go now and lets get the Tories in.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Well I hate to say it, but I was listening to one of Brown's allies on the radio this evening. He said that if House Prices start to pick up again in the next year before the election then labour could still win it. I hope that isn't a strategy!

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

How about this for a nightmare scenario?

The economy picks up slightly in August/September due to all the QE and other policies and right there Gordon decides to have a GE. Remember, all he needs is a couple of months of good data and a HUGE PR team on the BBC to spin it all. The sheeple think he's saved everyone and they vote for him, then a few weeks after the economy crashes all to hell and we're stuck with him for another 4-5 years. That scares the hell out me.

HOLA4415

The economy picks up slightly in August/September due to all the QE and other policies and right there Gordon decides to have a GE. Remember, all he needs is a couple of months of good data. The sheeple think he's saved everyone and they vote for him, then a few weeks after the economy crashes all to hell and we're stuck with him for another 4-5 years. That scares the hell out me.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

HOLA4416
Guest KingCharles1st

IF a plentiful number of Labour backbenchers quit the party, and aligned themselves with a.n.other party for voting purposes, surely this in itself would make the government's motions inconsequential in any further house votes?

How long could Gordon survive that type of attack?

HOLA4417
IF a plentiful number of Labour backbenchers quit the party, and aligned themselves with a.n.other party for voting purposes, surely this in itself would make the government's motions inconsequential in any further house votes?

How long could Gordon survive that type of attack?

Well he shouldnt have survived this far the denialist c_nt

HOLA4418

The economy picks up slightly in August/September due to all the QE and other policies and right there Gordon decides to have a GE. Remember, all he needs is a couple of months of good data and a HUGE PR team on the BBC to spin it all. The sheeple think he's saved everyone and they vote for him, then a few weeks after the economy crashes all to hell and we're stuck with him for another 4-5 years. That scares the hell out me.

I said at the time that Darling's "over optomistic" predictions were a trap.

Everyone rushes to condemn them as ludicrous while the govt:

1) strong arm the banks into not repossesing

2) shove interest rates through the floor

3) borrow like there' no tomorrow.

4) PRINT MONEY

Then hey presto at some point afterwards there is enough artificial liquidity in the system to mimic prosperity. GE called Labour win with the nation of village idiots behind them.

Of course reality will hit at some point but thats tomorrows problem and in the mean time 4-5 more years of IngSoc.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Scary thought of him getting in again. People love a come-back kid - "ooh he was right all along", "brave to stand up to all the negativity"

I think its unlikely though really, he's already inflicted too much pain and the economy hasn't started recovering yet.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
I said at the time that Darling's "over optomistic" predictions were a trap.

Everyone rushes to condemn them as ludicrous while the govt:

1) strong arm the banks into not repossesing

2) shove interest rates through the floor

3) borrow like there' no tomorrow.

4) PRINT MONEY

Then hey presto at some point afterwards there is enough artificial liquidity in the system to mimic prosperity. GE called Labour win with the nation of village idiots behind them.

Of course reality will hit at some point but thats tomorrows problem and in the mean time 4-5 more years of IngSoc.

Isn't that the whole point of politics to ensure the sh1t hits the fan in the future and never whilst you are in charge?

HOLA4424

Brown's "scorched earth" policy makes about as much sense as 9/11 conspiracy theories and the widespread view (here) that the Tories were deliberately trying to lose elections.

Its pretty childish to say every decision you disagree with is more "scorched earth".

A more appropriate example of that would have been Maggie's "strong pound" approach to controlling inflation that burned through 10% of British industry a year for three years and left us with our spiv-estate agent-double glazing salesman economy today.

In any case, Brown thinks he is going to win the next election.

HOLA4425
Scary thought of him getting in again. People love a come-back kid - "ooh he was right all along", "brave to stand up to all the negativity"

I think its unlikely though really, he's already inflicted too much pain and the economy hasn't started recovering yet.

Sadly it's not that unlikely. It seems to me that the Labour voters just stayed at home last week, rather than switching to another party. If, by the time of the GE, they think that things are getting better (whether or not they actually are), they will vote Labour again. They could well win, even if it's with a smaller majority.

Archived