House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

profitofdoom

Apprentice

Did anyone else think the result was influenced by Political Correctness? I thought the one that won it was so rumbled by the guy with her accounts that she would have no hope.The £400k turnover and 4.5% profit margin (£18k) was totally unbelievable for a restaurant with a staff of twenty. £70k of the turnover went in VAT,then there is the cost of food,premises,business rates,interest,etc.etc. It's difficult to see how anything was left for wages.I just wondered if picking the supremely able and confident good looking WASP over the not quite so attractive girl was a bit of BBCPC.

Guest theboltonfury
Did anyone else think the result was influenced by Political Correctness? I thought the one that won it was so rumbled by the guy with her accounts that she would have no hope.The £400k turnover and 4.5% profit margin (£18k) was totally unbelievable for a restaurant with a staff of twenty. £70k of the turnover went in VAT,then there is the cost of food,premises,business rates,interest,etc.etc. It's difficult to see how anything was left for wages.I just wondered if picking the supremely able and confident good looking WASP over the not quite so attractive girl was a bit of BBCPC.

He picked a black guy in Series 1 so I don't think he can be accused of this. The good looking one was not as good as the other one, therefore she lost IMO

Guest X-QUORK

I agree, Suralan obviously doesn't rate integrity very highly. Yasmina was ripped to shreds over her business accounts, didn't seem understand the meaning of gross/net profit or turnover...pretty basic stuff really. And why would anyone walk out on a new business that was doing so well? It just doesn't add up.

I think Suralan was worried about the blonde distracting other employees with that smile of hers.

No disagree. Yasmina was the best of the last two, not my personal favourites though.. She showed a maturity through her ability to market test and change direction that has been sadly lacking in all the others. Glad the Sir A was not swayed by blonde hair, blue eyes anda dazzling smile.

Well done to her she got it on merit.

I just wondered if picking the supremely able and confident good looking WASP over the not quite so attractive girl was a bit of BBCPC.

crackin pair of tits thou

Never ever believe the "I have my own business employing twenty-eleven people" hype you get from these wannabes. The business seemed to be run with her brother and I hope for their sakes that he manages the figures not her.

However, seeing that on the 2 food based tasks she led and chose the cheapest ingredients with no regard for taste quality and then served those awful looking "canopies", it doesn't really entice me to eat at her family restaurant. I'd rather eat at the Bridge Cafe.

Guest X-QUORK
Never ever believe the "I have my own business employing twenty-eleven people" hype you get from these wannabes. The business seemed to be run with her brother and I hope for their sakes that he manages the figures not her.

However, seeing that on the 2 food based tasks she led and chose the cheapest ingredients with no regard for taste quality and then served those awful looking "canopies", it doesn't really entice me to eat at her family restaurant. I'd rather eat at the Bridge Cafe.

Exactly, Sugar needs to get his BS sensors checked out. Same with that terrible Badger woman.

Guest theboltonfury
Exactly, Sugar needs to get his BS sensors checked out. Same with that terrible Badger woman.

Ruth Badger,or Chip Pan Head as she is known amongst her friends.