House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Absolutely Fabulous

They Just Don't/can't Get It, Can They?

Guest AuntJess

Gordon has been on TV telling us all that he will do this that and t'other, 'cos that is 'what the people want'. Oh, really, Gordon. Are you a mind reader? You aren't doing what "I" want..I want you to bugger off/stand down/depart /get lost. ^_^

Sadiq Khan a few mins ago, interviewed by newscaster, answered NO questions, just babbled his long rambling diatribe - without stopping for breath - and N/caster could not get a word in. When he tried, he was talked down.We, it seems, must listen to him, whilst HE listens to no one: A true disciple of Gordon. <_<

With such a repressive style, now seen in Gordon and at least one of his henchmen, do they EVER bluddy stop and think, or ask themselves " what am I doing? What makes me think that I am on the right track?"

They never ask for input or feedback from the electorate. How long do they think they can last, when they are operating according to their own agenda without care, concern or consultation for the people who pay their generous and largely - I feel - undeserved wages?

Gordon has been on TV telling us all that he will do this that and t'other, 'cos that is 'what the people want'. Oh, really, Gordon. Are you a mind reader? You aren't doing what "I" want..I want you to bugger off/stand down/depart /get lost. ^_^

Sadiq Khan a few mins ago, interviewed by newscaster, answered NO questions, just babbled his long rambling diatribe - without stopping for breath - and N/caster could not get a word in. When he tried, he was talked down.We, it seems, must listen to him, whilst HE listens to no one: A true disciple of Gordon. <_<

With such a repressive style, now seen in Gordon and at least one of his henchmen, do they EVER bluddy stop and think, or ask themselves " what am I doing? What makes me think that I am on the right track?"

They never ask for input or feedback from the electorate. How long do they think they can last, when they are operating according to their own agenda without care, concern or consultation for the people who pay their generous and largely - I feel - undeserved wages?

I think they are just about to find out.

But you're not wrong the past few years of this government have been characterised by big government and petty authoritarian policies. Labour simply don't understand that its not expenses, it's not a protest votw. People have had well enough of mendacious, interfering ineffective government. Even their last clarion call that Gordon having been the man to dig the hole is best places to dig us out again does not resonate with most people. The only thing keeping Labour alive at the moment is that there is such a paucity of talent that Gordon still looks a better bet than most.

They will not get elected again for 20 years

Brown just keeps digging because it's the right thing to do.

Hopefully soon the hole will collapse in on him.

Although strangely he isn't doing what I want him to do which involves either a pistol or noose and a note saying it was the right thing to do. Clearly he isn't very good at mind reading.

Gordon should look at the polls on his own website.

That would tell him what people really want.

Most popular petition: "We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to… RESIGN".

Of course, he knows that already, which means he is just lying.

Guest AuntJess
Brown just keeps digging because it's the right thing to do.

Hopefully soon the hole will collapse in on him.

Although strangely he isn't doing what I want him to do which involves either a pistol or noose and a note saying it was the right thing to do. Clearly he isn't very good at mind reading.

:lol:

The main thing that pisses me off about Gordon is that he KNOWS we all hate him and we KNOW that he KNOWS it himself.

Guest AuntJess
The main thing that pisses me off about Gordon is that he KNOWS we all hate him and we KNOW that he KNOWS it himself.

True. He is the ultimate control freak, determined to get his own way at ANY price, even if he devastates his own party, HE...WILL...RULE.

Make the most of it Gordon, You are on a countdown...... :ph34r:

But you're not wrong the past few years of this government have been characterised by big government and petty authoritarian policies. Labour simply don't understand that its not expenses, it's not a protest votw. People have had well enough of mendacious, interfering ineffective government. Even their last clarion call that Gordon having been the man to dig the hole is best places to dig us out again does not resonate with most people. The only thing keeping Labour alive at the moment is that there is such a paucity of talent that Gordon still looks a better bet than most.

The only thing keeping Labour alive at the moment is our inability to force a GE.

It was summed up for me by Dawn Primarolo in Bristol after the council elections last week.

The three things on the cue cards that I imagine Mandy has given everyone to read from:

1. People are angry about expenses (i.e. not just angry at us)

2. People vote against the party in power when they are angry (i.e. this is to be expected and not specifically anti Labour) and

3. Quote: "I have to acknowledge people are very definitely sending a clear message to us about getting on with the job."

Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/8080787.stm

Breathtaking.

People are not voting for us. This is because they like what we are doing and want us to continue.

Y

As the tite says they just don't get it and in the nicest way possible i sugest this could also apply to your line of thiniking as it seems to be you are pluging the con's or dems as being the solution to borwn and zen-labour when in fact they are all one and the same when it comes to milking the people and just arguing about who gets to drive the tractor.

Name one MP that stood up and exposed the expencies scandal before it became public knowlage ? name one MP that got anywhere in the past decade without brown nosing to the top within any of the 3 main parties.

voter turnout is so low because people won't vote Mafia and won't vote IRA and these two groups share one thing in common and thats they are scared of the law whilst the 3 main parties are writing the law and are running scared of the people and use terrorisuim to hide behind and yet more people are killed each year whislt fishing then they are by bombs.

sorry but i say again some people just don't get it and welcome your reply.

The only thing keeping Labour alive at the moment is our inability to force a GE.

we need to desolve parlament and to have a truly independant investigation not by the police but i mean independant as more is at stake than fiddling exspences and anyone one that thinks these people are not taking back handers from banksters and corporqations are deluding themselves.

A general election means nothing when all parties have been on the take and few of the general public are going to vote for any of them in anycae.

fiddling £1tr is nothing when you compare it to fiddling the few votes that are submitted and do point out the error in my logic for sugesting people that are on the take won't do the same when it comes to ticks in boxes or is it just every country the british goverment does not like are the only ones rigging elections.

the system now sufures from endemic coruption and even MP's that are caught on film taking money for questions are able to walk away scot free but bring back hanging for treason and the number of offences will go down i promise you that.

Edited by Justice

A man who considers himself to be the one to save the world, the very same man that attends a Commemoration of our war hero's in France and calls the Omaha beach........................Obama Beach.

Brown is a serious liabilty to international relations, and national security. To think this man can make the decision to press the nuclear button is alarming to say the least.

Extraordinary powers need to be invoked to remove this seriously ill person from office. The man is clearly deranged and requires medical attention, it is both cruel and inhumane to allow him to continue in office when he is suffering from grandiose dillusions.

People are not voting for us. This is because they like what we are doing and want us to continue.

Y

keep repeating that to yourself and it becomes strangely hypnotic.

come on laurejon credit where it's due !

after all scum sucking bush was allwoed to carry on even with grandad bush being convicted of trading with the enermy and his daddy also being a president as so many yanks swallow the bull$hit that in the land of the free anyone can be president of the USA.

just do a search for impeach bush to get a feeling for the madness of it all so given this Brown is a pussey cat compaired to great leaders ranging from pal-pot to scum sucking bush.

best leader in the world IMHO is putin just now and he's not taking the so called missile shield threat lieing down and i don't blame him.

A man who considers himself to be the one to save the world, the very same man that attends a Commemoration of our war hero's in France and calls the Omaha beach........................Obama Beach.

Brown is a serious liabilty to international relations, and national security. To think this man can make the decision to press the nuclear button is alarming to say the least.

Extraordinary powers need to be invoked to remove this seriously ill person from office. The man is clearly deranged and requires medical attention, it is both cruel and inhumane to allow him to continue in office when he is suffering from grandiose dillusions.

Whilst I agree with your calls for proper investigation and reform Justice, we can't have a rudderless ship whilst this process happens. Laurejon IMO is right about what needs to happen first, and the electorate need a GE to be able to remove from office those that they deem the worst offenders.

Allowing the public the right to call a GE should keep them on their toes in future. I don't think we need to go as far as hanging.

'what the people want'.

I'm glad it's not just me .... this line makes my blood boil. Just over the last few weeks I've seen the likes of Liam Byrne, Harriet Harman, Margarett Beckett, Ed Balls shamelessly spouting this patronising offensive bullsh*t . What gives these utter, utter nonentities the right to tell us what we are supposed think ? As if they have got a clue, or even care.

If they cared to actually listen rather than mindlessly read from their little script, they'd know that "the people" have now given their verdict via the only route available, the recent elections. Of course, these nonentities will now talk about "all the parties being taught a lesson" and "strange results often come in European elections" etc etc etc. Anything to deflect from the real truth. These people are just clinging desperately to power and have no interest whatsover in what "the people" want. I have nothing but utter contempt for them which increases every time I hear some no mark telling me what I think.

Do their PR people think this is an effective line or something? (Of course I may be isolated in my opinions because all I hear is that "the people" don't want change, they want the great leader to cure the economy, whose problems started in America, and he's the right person to do it).

Seriously, how long can this go on? Another 11 months? Really?

Guest AuntJess
I'm glad it's not just me .... this line makes my blood boil. Just over the last few weeks I've seen the likes of Liam Byrne, Harriet Harman, Margarett Beckett, Ed Balls shamelessly spouting this patronising offensive bullsh*t . What gives these utter, utter nonentities the right to tell us what we are supposed think ? As if they have got a clue, or even care.

If they cared to actually listen rather than mindlessly read from their little script, they'd know that "the people" have now given their verdict via the only route available, the recent elections. Of course, these nonentities will now talk about "all the parties being taught a lesson" and "strange results often come in European elections" etc etc etc. Anything to deflect from the real truth. These people are just clinging desperately to power and have no interest whatsover in what "the people" want. I have nothing but utter contempt for them which increases every time I hear some no mark telling me what I think.

Do their PR people think this is an effective line or something? (Of course I may be isolated in my opinions because all I hear is that "the people" don't want change, they want the great leader to cure the economy, whose problems started in America, and he's the right person to do it).

Seriously, how long can this go on? Another 11 months? Really?

Infurating isn't it, and the daft thing is they don't even realise that they are giving themselves away by the way they talk about us..as thought we are some mindless, soulless bunch, who exist just to hang on their every word and look to them to make up our minds for us. <_<

On of my key quotes in life - especially in my profession - has been " People are always trying to tell us who they are" - the inference that we give ourselves away in so many little ways we cannot help. B)

Thus Gordon Brown flags up his need to control - his desire to rule others - every time he 'tells' us 'what we want'. Attempting to define another's reality for them is a power move. I would hazard a guess that he has NO idea that he does this and that we are onto him. He has a very large blind spot where others are concerned, focussed as he is on his own internal agenda.

Edited by AuntJess

Guest AuntJess
Whilst I agree with your calls for proper investigation and reform Justice, we can't have a rudderless ship whilst this process happens. Laurejon IMO is right about what needs to happen first, and the electorate need a GE to be able to remove from office those that they deem the worst offenders.

Allowing the public the right to call a GE should keep them on their toes in future. I don't think we need to go as far as hanging.

....but it's always an option. :P

Infurating isn't it, and the daft thing is they don't even realise that they are giving themselves away by the way they talk about us..as thought we are some mindless, soulless bunch, who exist just to hang on their every word and look to them to make up our minds for us. <_<

On of my key quotes in life - especially in my profession - has been " People are always trying to tell us who they are" - the inference that we give ourselves away in so many little ways we cannot help. B)

Yeah I think some of them probably do believe it now. Too much time being surrounded by advisers and focus groups "shaping the message", and not enough time spent actually listening to people. It's contemptuous. They need to go now.