House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest KingCharles1st

Guys- Just Wanted To Say A Big Thanks For Ruining Any Pleasure Of Reading About The Eu Election Results-

Guest KingCharles1st

THANK YOU SO MUCH- NOT

Mods, can you put a kerb on this garbage please

THANK YOU SO MUCH- NOT

The BNP issue does tend topolarise things doesn't it?

Guest KingCharles1st
The BNP issue does tend topolarise things doesn't it?

Yes, they just ruin it for everybody. But now threads are being merged all the time its difficult to have a proper thread and a ridiculous one running at the same time, and you know to avoid the ridiculous one after a couple of visits

Yes, they just ruin it for everybody. But now threads are being merged all the time its difficult to have a proper thread and a ridiculous one running at the same time, and you know to avoid the ridiculous one after a couple of visits

What's the alternative? <_< Censorship? :ph34r:

Yes it was pretty intense during the election thread ( I am not Chinese by the way).

The thing that strikes me through all of this BNP stuff is the big question why did people feel compelled to vote BNP?

It is surely more to do with the shambolic state of Gordon and his band of monkeys than the appeal of the BNP.

I bet the BNP love GB ( no pun) and we have entered IMO a dangerous phase in UK politics.

Guest KingCharles1st
What's the alternative? <_< Censorship? :ph34r:

No- the alternative is Mods doing their job and removing this crap from threads that were not started to go on about the BNP

No- the alternative is Mods doing their job and removing this crap from threads that were not started to go on about the BNP

OK, I've had a busy weekend and I've not read many of the threads, but if the EU elections are being discussed surely the BNP are going to be discussed too, especially as they won two seats! That's extraordinary is it not?

OK, I've had a busy weekend and I've not read many of the threads, but if the EU elections are being discussed surely the BNP are going to be discussed too, especially as they won two seats! That's extraordinary is it not?

Very extraordinary

Guest KingCharles1st

I agree 100%, but there is no balance in the threads. It all just turns into name calling and mindless abuse.

I am pleased that the BNP won a couple of seats, because the people in power now have to shift their stance to accommodate this fact. But I'm much more interested regarding the other hundreds of seats and the shifting political landscape and how it will affect us here. Hopefully even precipitating a change of UK P.M.

Sadly though, I cant be bothered to wade through 30 pages of anti/pro bnp hatred just to find out.

But the BNP are a legal political party who have just won two seats in the European parliament. Are you suggesting that the (unpaid, volunteer) moderators go through every thread and remove any reference to the BNP? If so, why not do so with any other party that they personally dislike? NuLabour perhaps, or the Conservatives.

I just heard Griffin saying that this will be the end of Brown as the upper echelon of the Labour will get rid of him for letting this happen on his watch, so perhaps some good will come out of it.

"The BNP is like the ultimate protest vote. It is how to deliver the establishment a two-fingered salute"

(http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8088133.stm)

This sort of thing is exactly why the BNP are able to capitalise. Our current mob are so arrogant. They cannot formulate the concept that they are simply not responding to public will, and that, instead, they are guilty only of the lesser offence of perhaps not doing their job as well as they might. The reality is they keep trying to do the wrong things, and until they start listening, rather than dictating, the bnp are likely going to rise and rise - just as hitler did.

well, if it was a choice between a bnp government next or a labour government next, i would be prepared to chance bnp for a term. that is how awful this government has become.

Guest KingCharles1st
But the BNP are a legal political party who have just won two seats in the European parliament. Are you suggesting that the (unpaid, volunteer) moderators go through every thread and remove any reference to the BNP? If so, why not do so with any other party that they personally dislike? NuLabour perhaps, or the Conservatives.

I just heard Griffin saying that this will be the end of Brown as the upper echelon of the Labour will get rid of him for letting this happen on his watch, so perhaps some good will come out of it.

All Im saying is that if threads are going to be merged, then everyone has to put up with this purile crap.

I don't know what the answer is, but what is currently in place no longer seems to be working the way it ought to be- and I do stress that is IMHO.

Regardless of my , or anyone elses opinion on the BNP, the system dictates they now have to be taken far more seriously than they were before, which I respect, and only wish that others could leave their abuse out of their posts when attempting to rationally discuss the subject.

KingCharles1st

Go back over the threads over the years. You will find all you need about the very divisive policies brought in that have disenfranchised a large section of the population. Some people have had their whole livelihoods disrupted by intentional policies to crowd them out of the jobs / housing market, economically cleansed from the system in which they live and have to work (or were working). I'm afraid the political and social ramifications of this are very much on topic and will be discussed regardless of the overtones. We are only here because some very serious questions have been swept under the carpet and a section of the population utterly ignored by mainstream parties.

Can I ask have the BNP got seats via actually getting more votes at the ballot box or because the same number voted for them as last time, but because the turnout was so low there % increased.

Not found any hard stats on this yet, just % which currently are meaningless.

Guest BAREBEAR_soon to be ALIVA

Don't see what the problem is.

It seems that those who are anti BNP are the ones behaving like facists.

Its the voice of the people and there are a fair few that have had enough of PC nonsence everytime someone mentions imigration, its about time the main partys grew some balls and started looking after this countrys interests rather than allowing mass, virtually uncontrolled imigration. Then perhaps the BNP wouldn't have a voice.

And that is coming from someone who DOESN'T support the BNP.

All Im saying is that if threads are going to be merged, then everyone has to put up with this purile crap.

I don't know what the answer is, but what is currently in place no longer seems to be working the way it ought to be- and I do stress that is IMHO.

Regardless of my , or anyone elses opinion on the BNP, the system dictates they now have to be taken far more seriously than they were before, which I respect, and only wish that others could leave their abuse out of their posts when attempting to rationally discuss the subject.

Well this is what the mainstream parties want - hide the real issues behind a name-calling bunfight, that is after all the way they have approached the situation.

They don't want to discuss the issues at all, they don't want to get involved in sorting out the mess they have helped encourage or indeed designed, I think the encouragement of BTL has some very serious politiial aims beneath it (other than monetary) and an experiment that has gone disastrously wrong. The fake head scratching and querying is a quite shameful tactic of denial and shows the true level of contempt that certain parties have for the lives of people they have abandoned.

If you don't like the BNP you can always try and block them from entering the count like last night.

Has it really come to this that the anti-facists have now sunk so low as to try and subvert the democratic process I've no love for the BNP but last nights scenes were deplorable.

The bully boys and girls were stood outside the count trying to refuse entry the BNP were competing from within the democratic process its funny to see which group is reviled and which is admired.

The fascist bully boys were stood outside the count not the ones winning seats shame on them.

Firstly - mods are volunteers who give up their free time to try and keep excesses of spam and abuse off this site. We cannot stop legal parties from posting but have to decide whether they are off topic or on topic, abusive or not, and keeping to the forum rules.

When the June 4 thread on the Euro election became racist I stepped in and stopped it

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...t&p=1931643.

However it is more difficult when posters are discussing an event like BNP winning MEP seats - there are bound to be inflamed feelings on both sides.

In the event last night I removed several posts that were reported by someone who knew that if you click the "report" button then a mod responds as soon as possible. Did you click the report button for abusive posts before you started this thread?

With regard to merging. We have had numerous complaints by posters that too many threads on the same subject are being started and the only fair way to control this is to merge threads.

Good on yer Doccy, a good response in a good timeframe. Keep up the good work and I think most memebrs appreciate the task you have.

Mods are here to make life as pleasant as possible for the maximum number of posters. It is at times a thankless task - some people view their "pet" thread as the most important one on HPC and complain vociferously when it is moved to the appropriate forum. It is a tribute to the openness of the moderation policy on here that threads like this are not deleted but only moved to the appropriate section in due course.

Any ignorant posts containing garbage should, no doubt, be inspected for possible

removal.

Writing "kerb" instead of "curb" is, indeed, almost inexcusable.

Any ignorant posts containing garbage should, no doubt, be inspected for possible

removal.

Writing "kerb" instead of "curb" is, indeed, almost inexcusable.

What are you driving at?

Guest KingCharles1st
KingCharles1st

Go back over the threads over the years. You will find all you need about the very divisive policies brought in that have disenfranchised a large section of the population. Some people have had their whole livelihoods disrupted by intentional policies to crowd them out of the jobs / housing market, economically cleansed from the system in which they live and have to work (or were working). I'm afraid the political and social ramifications of this are very much on topic and will be discussed regardless of the overtones. We are only here because some very serious questions have been swept under the carpet and a section of the population utterly ignored by mainstream parties.

Yes yes yes, I DO understand this. But I just cannot understand WHY people cannot discuss in a restrained and non abusive manner.

I have read hundreds of pro/anti BNP posts on here over the last few months, and all end up pretty much the same, in fact it appears to be the ANTI BNP posters who are the worst offenders who try every trick in the book to draw the Pro BNP posters into slanging match after slanging match

Yes yes yes, I DO understand this. But I just cannot understand WHY people cannot discuss in a restrained and non abusive manner.

I have read hundreds of pro/anti BNP posts on here over the last few months, and all end up pretty much the same, in fact it appears to be the ANTI BNP posters who are the worst offenders who try every trick in the book to draw the Pro BNP posters into slanging match after slanging match

they (we) have been trained to make that response. we have had this political correctness garbage rammed down our throats throughout our childhood - think about it.

we are not supposed to think, remember.

Guest KingCharles1st
Firstly - mods are volunteers who give up their free time to try and keep excesses of spam and abuse off this site. We cannot stop legal parties from posting but have to decide whether they are off topic or on topic, abusive or not, and keeping to the forum rules.

When the June 4 thread on the Euro election became racist I stepped in and stopped it

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...t&p=1931643.

However it is more difficult when posters are discussing an event like BNP winning MEP seats - there are bound to be inflamed feelings on both sides.

In the event last night I removed several posts that were reported by someone who knew that if you click the "report" button then a mod responds as soon as possible. Did you click the report button for abusive posts before you started this thread?

With regard to merging. We have had numerous complaints by posters that too many threads on the same subject are being started and the only fair way to control this is to merge threads.

Mods are here to make life as pleasant as possible for the maximum number of posters. It is at times a thankless task - some people view their "pet" thread as the most important one on HPC and complain vociferously when it is moved to the appropriate forum. It is a tribute to the openness of the moderation policy on here that threads like this are not deleted but only moved to the appropriate section in due course.

Doccy, thanks for the response. I DO understand the amount of time and effort to be put in- but IIRC correctly, this places started out as HousePriceCrash- not BNP-BASH :P

Just a bit peeved that one of the most important political events of the last few years cannot be read about without going through the dross.

I never wanted to cause any mods more work by hitting the report button, never used it, but from now on it may get pressed when this sort of crap keeps rearing its ugly head.

Regards

Doccy, thanks for the response. I DO understand the amount of time and effort to be put in- but IIRC correctly, this places started out as HousePriceCrash- not BNP-BASH :P

Just a bit peeved that one of the most important political events of the last few years cannot be read about without going through the dross.

I never wanted to cause any mods more work by hitting the report button, never used it, but from now on it may get pressed when this sort of crap keeps rearing its ugly head.

Regards

When this is all over Charlie, will you tell me who your avatar is? :lol::lol: