House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CrashConnoisseur

Ruth Lea: Gordon Brown Never Was Fit For Number10.

'Gordon Brown never was fit for Number10':

http://conservativehome.blogs.com/centreri...r-number10.html

He blew up. No fuse. Just blew up. Didn’t I realise why he had introduced it (I’d just said that I did)? …didn’t I this? …didn’t I that? …didn’t I the other? And so this curious tirade went on for what seemed like an eternity. I have never encountered anything like it in my life and hope I never will again. The man was out of control. Then he suddenly took a grip on himself and we went back to discussing the Budget. Surreal.

[...snip...]

Doubtless politics has always had its dark side. But the depths to which it has sunk over the last 12 years under New Labour has been unprecedented in this country. Of all the legacies left by this Government the poisoning of political discourse is surely the worst. Gordon Brown, foul-tempered and intolerant, has been at the very centre of this mess.

Gordon Brown never was fit for Number 10 and, given the wreckage of the economy, the public finances and the financial regulatory system, was never fit for Number 11 either.

Edited title to fit.

Whenever I went to job interviews one of the most pressing issues was my skills and qualifications. I'm sure its the same for everyone.

You sit in front of a panel of expert interviewers who put questions to you and judge your ability to do the job based on your responses. They go to great lengths in their selection process; they use their own best experts to ensure they pick the right individual for each individual position.

The managers of the nations affairs are however selected by a largely ignorant public who base their voting decisions on what the meeja or their mom tells them.

Would you seriously invest your money in a company that appointed a director of finance without some form of accounting qualification? Gordon Brown is an historian so perhaps its not surprising the UK now suffers the financial and economic problems it does.

What's really at fault however is the not so much particular individuals but the system that empowers them in the first place. The current system of democracy, formed by the British over 300 years or so and copied in many countries around the world, is incongruous with the notion of managing the county's affairs as efficiently and effectively as the world's best companies manage theirs.

Until that is fixed expect repeated calamities such as the current debacle, the continued wasting of both valuable resources and people's lives.

We are regularly implored by the government to change the way we live to fight climate change. For the reason the same exercise should be applied to the way the constitution functions and consequently how the nation's managers perform.

My cup "ruth" over...........................Gordon is everything i hoped for................they a bunch of nutters...........my only saddness is Ed Balls is NOT in number 11.

Mike

Ruth Lea - Institute of Directors - every time on she opened her mouth it was about "red tape" - deregulate the market.

She's the problem and people like her.

Ruth Lea - Institute of Directors - every time on she opened her mouth it was about "red tape" - deregulate the market.

She's the problem and people like her.

The other times she opened her mouth was to airily dismiss any possibility of an HPC.

She is fecking useless.

Just because she is piling on GB doesn't mean she is anything less than a feckwit.

Stupid bitch, rigging the interest rate market provided the juiced up platform for Brown to eventually become PM, which she was all for.

2003 was the point of no return, the damage since then has been enormous.

http://www.epolitix.com/briefings/article-...terest-rates-2/

The Bank of England has announced a quarter point cut in interest rates.

The move comes amid fears that a slowdown in house prices, coupled with a possible war with Iraq, could hit economic performance.

Forum Response: Institute of Directors

Ruth Lea, head of the policy unit at the IoD, said: "We welcome today's cut in interest rates. There is no doubt that economic clouds are gathering; a possible war with Iraq is draining confidence and the markets are very jittery and bearish.

"Recent economic news has suggested that the world economy continues to deteriorate and this is especially difficult for the manufacturing sector, which has been in recession for nearly two years. Moreover consumer spending and the housing market, the parts of the economy that underpinned growth last year, do now seem to be moderating."

His place in the History books is now secure:

WORST EVER PRIME MINISTER : an unelected disaster !

Gordon Brown has set Britain on the road to bankruptcy

but Blair took the UK into a war that was not needed and is therefore responsible for a number of deaths - he now benefits from money from JPMorgan - who some would say did quite well out of the bank of Baghdad

Blair is worse

and Ruth Lea is all for the bankers and is either a liar or doesn't understand property cycles and the damage easy money causes re malinivestments

Gordon Brown has set Britain on the road to bankruptcy

but Blair took the UK into a war that was not needed and is therefore responsible for a number of deaths - he now benefits from money from JPMorgan - who some would say did quite well out of the bank of Baghdad

Blair is worse

and Ruth Lea is all for the bankers and is either a liar or doesn't understand property cycles and the damage easy money causes re malinivestments

yes, far more dangerous.

What short memories we seem to have in the UK.

Blair is very clever though, although it pains me to say it. He obviously set Gordon up for it & that's why he waited so long before he went.

Whenever I went to job interviews one of the most pressing issues was my skills and qualifications. I'm sure its the same for everyone.

You sit in front of a panel of expert interviewers who put questions to you and judge your ability to do the job based on your responses. They go to great lengths in their selection process; they use their own best experts to ensure they pick the right individual for each individual position.

The managers of the nations affairs are however selected by a largely ignorant public who base their voting decisions on what the meeja or their mom tells them.

Would you seriously invest your money in a company that appointed a director of finance without some form of accounting qualification? Gordon Brown is an historian so perhaps its not surprising the UK now suffers the financial and economic problems it does.

What's really at fault however is the not so much particular individuals but the system that empowers them in the first place. The current system of democracy, formed by the British over 300 years or so and copied in many countries around the world, is incongruous with the notion of managing the county's affairs as efficiently and effectively as the world's best companies manage theirs.

Until that is fixed expect repeated calamities such as the current debacle, the continued wasting of both valuable resources and people's lives.

We are regularly implored by the government to change the way we live to fight climate change. For the reason the same exercise should be applied to the way the constitution functions and consequently how the nation's managers perform.

Good post.

The problem isn't so much legislating against individuals, after all one man's meat is another man's poison, we must legislate against specific actions such as making threats. We must not allow the ruling elite to be able to tell us what to do. They must only be allowed to tell us what not to do. So no more instructions to fight an imaginary foreign enemy and no more obligation to pay taxes.

It is an important distinction, the difference between being able to tell a person what they can (or cannot) do and what they must. The former is tolerable, provided it (a restriction) is just, the latter is never tolerable.