House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RentingForever

Euro Election Results

Are the UK results already counted and being released in one go? Or does the counting only start when the ballots are closed in all the EU countries (ie 10pm tonight)?

Basically - do I get a single hit of news a 10pm, or do I have to sit through the usual drawn-out election specials until 3am?

Are the UK results already counted and being released in one go? Or does the counting only start when the ballots are closed in all the EU countries (ie 10pm tonight)?

Basically - do I get a single hit of news a 10pm, or do I have to sit through the usual drawn-out election specials until 3am?

They just said on Sky News that results would start to be published from 20:00 GMT tonight, which is surprising if polling is still going on until 22:00. They also said that Holland has returned maybe 4 'far right fringe party' EU MPs on the basis of their publishing exit polls 'against EU rules'. Mostly they're concentrating on what's going to happen to Brown if NuLAb get less than the mid 20s % of the vote. I'd guess that if the BNP get seats then the knives will be out for Brown as he'll be the obvious scapegoat?

Looks like 22:00 should be a good time to see the fireworks start.

my impression was the votes have been counted already, but the results are embargoed until the last polling station closes.

I am expecting ALL the UK results to be announced at 10pm. cant find a link thou

I don't know, but the fact that BBC2 has two election programmes (a half-hour one at 7.30pm, then a THREE-HOUR one from 10pm) would seem to indicate that they intend to make a meal of it somehow.

It's hard to imagine exactly what they rest of the three hours will be used for if they're able to simply announce the full results at 10pm.

My intention is to start watching at 10pm and stop watching when they stop saying anything new -- which could be as early as 10.15... ;)

Counting for European elections in my area starts at around 4:00pm this afternoon. They were estimating two and half to three and a half hours count time, could be longer if recounts occur or they dont have enough people to do the counting.

I was counting the local election results on Friday and all we did with the Euro ballot papers was make sure the amount of papers in the boxes equalled the amount issued at the polling station.

As always some areas will finish before others. My guess is the half hour show will be exit polls and speculation with the results coming through or being announced in the 10:00pm show.

I don't know, but the fact that BBC2 has two election programmes (a half-hour one at 7.30pm, then a THREE-HOUR one from 10pm) would seem to indicate that they intend to make a meal of it somehow.

It's hard to imagine exactly what they rest of the three hours will be used for if they're able to simply announce the full results at 10pm.

My intention is to start watching at 10pm and stop watching when they stop saying anything new -- which could be as early as 10.15... ;)

I anticipate about 2.5 hours of pointless repetitive speculation about the future of Brown after 10:30 if NuLabs showing is as bad as they're hinting on Sky and BBc news.