House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mega

I Hate To Admit It, But I Want Gordon To Make It,....

I want him & Balls to run the £ into a full scale colaspe..................i want every man women & child (Even the dogs in the street) to know it was Blair/Brown "Mandy" spun "New Labour" wot done it!

Even the thick will know that if you can be bothered to get their ass to vote than the "X" doesn't go with Labour............We have major reforms to do in this land, crime/employment/welfare...............i want little Labour trouble during this process.

Frankly, i can't wait.

Mike

Edited by Mega

I want him & Balls to run the £ into a full scale colaspe..................i want every man women & child (Even the dogs in the street) to know it was Blair/Brown "Mandy" spun "New Labour" wot done it!

Even the thick will know that if you can be bothered to get their ass to vote than the "X" doesn't go with Labour............We have major reforms to do in this land, crime/employment/welfare...............i want little Labour trouble during this process.

Frankly, i can't wait.

Mike

i sort of agree, but cant stand watching labour take the great out of britain.

300 years of economic competence out the window

thanks nu-labour thank you so very much

Frankly, i can't wait.

Mike

I wouldn't mind watching it from minimum safe distance, but it's a bit too close for comfort.

I to, want redemption for his total mismanagement, but I just fu(king hate him so much!

I AM ENGLISH and proud to be English and want to be English.

In a way I am to proud for my country to fall this far for his deserved retribution. :(

It's just been going on for too long for me.

I was over it when they followed Bush into the Middle East.

Brown going and Alan Johnson taking over with an autumn GE would be great news. In that scenario the Tories may struggle to gain much, if any, majority. Particularly if EU elections are a UKIP landslide (extreme, but possible)

The current Tory front bench do not, even slightly resemble a govt in waiting of the calibre required to begin to repair the damage. In fact they're very often responsible for a lot of it.

Its going to be bad, but if your Gold/Silver.......Overseas stocks.......Euro's.........Etc...............well you can watch with a smile. I need to buy a house in 4-5 years time, i rent right now..............i think of the Hundreds of Thousands that i am going to save............i be able to buy a next gen Supercar.....that do 45 MPG!

The "Sheep" will still be stuck with old ex-lease hire Merc & BMW's that cost the earth to Tax & run..............quite a few will have to give up driving.

:)

Mike

Its going to be bad, but if your Gold/Silver.......Overseas stocks.......Euro's.........Etc...............well you can watch with a smile. I need to buy a house in 4-5 years time, i rent right now..............i think of the Hundreds of Thousands that i am going to save............i be able to buy a next gen Supercar.....that do 45 MPG!

The "Sheep" will still be stuck with old ex-lease hire Merc & BMW's that cost the earth to Tax & run..............quite a few will have to give up driving.

:)

Mike

Isn't easier to stop worrying about all that cr ap and leverage your british pasport to get out before they start hanging you by your balls for your posessions?

I begin to question your OP - you have no gold/silver - because you pretend to still live in this country

I want him to go... why... well....

If he goes, his replacement is basically pre-buggered. What exactly are they going to do different? We're talking a Labout government here. His replacement will be pre-programmed with borrow n' spend, so the only thing that'll change are the faces, and the destruction will be just the same, with the added bonus of two changes of PM within a term will make Labour look like an even bigger bunch of 'tards than they do already (and that's some going!). Perversely, Brown is actually their best bet at the moment for that very reason.

Or, from the other angle, would you seriously expect a new Labour leader to show up and cut spending?

If Brown stays, at the next general election whenever it may be, Labour will be annihilated by the Conservatives and will lose many seats. The country will also face a more grim future as chump Brown will have done some crazy economical stuff to deliver the Conservatives a "scorched earth".

If Brown goes and for example, Alan Johnson becomes leader and immediately calls an election, the tories won't win as many seats and the Labour party won't be as badly damaged.

Either way, Labour is a sinking ship.

If Brown stays, at the next general election whenever it may be, Labour will be annihilated by the Conservatives and will lose many seats. The country will also face a more grim future as chump Brown will have done some crazy economical stuff to deliver the Conservatives a "scorched earth".

If Brown goes and for example, Alan Johnson becomes leader and immediately calls an election, the tories won't win as many seats and the Labour party won't be as badly damaged.

Either way, Labour is a sinking ship.

The name of the ship is not "Labour"

It is "England"

The reason it is sinking is precisely that the majority cannot see that difference - it is not Labour , it is England that is sinking and politics are secondary to economics - no party can change it

WATCH THEM LEAVING UK OR MOVING THEIR ASSESTS

Brown going and Alan Johnson taking over with an autumn GE would be great news. In that scenario the Tories may struggle to gain much, if any, majority. Particularly if EU elections are a UKIP landslide (extreme, but possible)

The current Tory front bench do not, even slightly resemble a govt in waiting of the calibre required to begin to repair the damage. In fact they're very often responsible for a lot of it.

Absolute bolleaux (ooh, and it hurts me to say it, as your posts are usually bloody good).

A GE in the Autumn would be a total rout for Labour, make no mistake. If that was the case, they'd have the summer recess in which to reconnect with their core vote (forget the middle ground floaters, they've gone), and that's just not possible.

With regard to the Tory front bench, I challenge you to name any long standing opposition* front bench team that's got heavyweight credentials. They can't have them because they've not had the chance to show them. That said, Brown did manage one particular master-stroke during the borked Autumn '07 election wotsit, which was to nick Tory plans on inheritance tax... thereby forcing the Tories to keep mum about future plans. Bloody cunning, that.

* As in, a party that's been in opposition for ages, not a team that hasn't changed.

It is "England"

The reason it is sinking is precisely that the majority cannot see that difference - it is not Labour , it is England that is sinking and politics are secondary to economics - no party can change it

Finally a bit of reason on this forum. It's been so sad to read all the rabidly zenophobic tories and BNP-ers deluding themselves that a change of government would solve this whole mess.

Finally a bit of reason on this forum. It's been so sad to read all the rabidly zenophobic tories and BNP-ers deluding themselves that a change of government would solve this whole mess.

And that is why it will sink

It is "England"

WATCH THEM LEAVING UK OR MOVING THEIR ASSESTS

God your grammar is tortured. English is clearly not your first language.

No wonder you hate the country as you are clearly never going to master the nuances of its language.

Absolute bolleaux (ooh, and it hurts me to say it, as your posts are usually bloody good).

A GE in the Autumn would be a total rout for Labour, make no mistake. If that was the case, they'd have the summer recess in which to reconnect with their core vote (forget the middle ground floaters, they've gone), and that's just not possible.

With regard to the Tory front bench, I challenge you to name any long standing opposition* front bench team that's got heavyweight credentials. They can't have them because they've not had the chance to show them. That said, Brown did manage one particular master-stroke during the borked Autumn '07 election wotsit, which was to nick Tory plans on inheritance tax... thereby forcing the Tories to keep mum about future plans. Bloody cunning, that.

* As in, a party that's been in opposition for ages, not a team that hasn't changed.

Latest polls only show a 34 seat Tory majority - this is not great.

People are sick of Brown and Labour but they do not lust after Cameron and his crowd to rule over them. He's all spin and genuinely believes in nothing but his own political career.

He has shown lots of poor judgement: Hug-A-Hoodie, husky rides, Patrick Mercer affair, grammar school debacle, Wossy interview, bike with car and briefcase travelling behind, little ability to secure bike without it being stolen, heir to Blair - and standing ovation when he left - and more.

When Blair came into power the electorate had already fallen in love with Tony Blair. At the moment Cameron is the default winner. He won't win the election Gordon Brown and Labour will lose it.

The electoral boundaries make a Tory win an uphill struggle from the get go. On top of this a lot of votes will be dissipated amongst independents and fringe parties. That's of those who do vote, turnout could be very low as many may demonstrate their disdain for the whole political system.

____

As an aside I also don't think the public have yet faced up to the necessity to take their medicine yet and won't yet countenance a genuine need for public spending cuts and other austerity measures.

at least the tories traditionally have business experience in the ranks. labour mps are generally useless f+ckwits in the real world. a week Tory bench ?? brown has just delivered the biggest joke of a cabinet teh Uk has ever seen

Latest polls only show a 34 seat Tory majority - this is not great.

People are sick of Brown and Labour but they do not lust after Cameron and his crowd to rule over them.

The Tories have a genuine problem.

Vast swathes of the country now in early middle age (like myself) who grew up in the Thatcher years are pathologically incapable of voting conservative.

By any rational standards I should be a natural conservative voter; however it will never happen because I would consider it a betrayal of everything I held dear during my formative years. I have discussed this with many of my contemporaries and find that these emotions are very widely held.

Cameron's reaction to the MP's expenses affair has done him the power of good. I have warmed to him but not sufficiently to place an X against a Tory in the ballot box. Multiply this by 10 million other 40 and 50 somethings and you maybe get to the reason why the conservatives are not romping away in the polls in the way that they should be given the appalling mess that Labour has made of the economy.

The conservatives are going to have to appeal to younger voters who know nothing but a Labour government and are anxious for change. This is risky.

Anyone under the age of 30 who votes Tory has got to be seriously weird.

If only the Liberals had persuaded Vince Cable to stand for leader they could have been the big winners in all this...

God your grammar is tortured. English is clearly not your first language.

No wonder you hate the country as you are clearly never going to master the nuances of its language.

Have you got anything to say worth reading? I think not.

Why has it taken the majority of the UK population so long to realise the damage that labour has done, particularly gordon brown?

Why has is it that now their ‘free house money’ has been taken away along with their job, that they have finally realised what we knew all along - that the banks and the government had orchestrated a ‘new economy’ based on debt that could never be sustained indefinitely?

I think Brown and chums are going to go for the emotional approach in the next election. First having engineered a "boom" through QE and printing money, they're going to campaign as the party to protect "jobs and homes". Secondly they're going to claim that cuts will be planned by the Tories in Health and Education.

The good news is that it's looking increasingly like Brown won't be in charge much longer - although I'm less certain now than I was last Thursday. The bad news is, if they're clever enough to show a united face, and go for an Autumn election (before the hyper-inflation and high interest rates kick in) they may well pull this off. Having said that, I doubt they are that clever. :P

Bankrupting Britain to try and win a general election.

This has been going on some time - since 2000 onwards, full political support form an 'independent' Bankrupt of England.

uk-debt-pcent.gif

If he goes, his replacement is basically pre-buggered.

That's the case whether he hangs on until the election or not. Furthermore the Tories have clocked this, hence the reason they're saying loudly and often that whoever wins the next government will have to impose austerity economics.

Nobody has heard of Alan Johnson. All it would take is a few unpleasant revelations in the red-tops, or for him to slip up in a couple of campaign speeches, and his popularity ratings could go the same way as Brown. Granted, the opposite could also happen, but we're really talking about a totally unknown quantity.