House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sunonmars

Its All Out War Over At Downing Street - Bunker Down

I can't keep up with all this...its just mayhem. Like watching 10 years worth of Dynasty in 5 days.

GORDON BROWN�€™S reshuffle has created a bitter rift between his two most powerful lieutenants, threatening to derail attempts to rebuild his shattered government.

A Downing Street insider claims that Ed Balls �€œwent nuclear�€� as the prime minister wavered over whether to make him chancellor �€“ and threatened to stop cooperating with Lord Mandelson.

The schools secretary, whose hopes of being moved into No 11 were torpedoed when James Purnell, the work and pensions secretary, resigned, is said to suspect the business secretary of deliberately undermining his chances of getting the job.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/poli...icle6446324.ece

Meanwhile over at No 11

How Mrs Darling persuaded her man to defy the Prime Minister and refuse to leave No11

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11...leave-No11.html

PM and Balls called darling F"""ing useless

However, friends of Mr Darling launched a fresh attack on Mr Brown last night, accusing him of a telling a 'blatant lie' by publicly denying on Friday that he intended to sack the Chancellor.

The relationship between the two men has said to have deteriorated badly in recent weeks.

Labour Party insiders revealed that at times they have barely been on speaking terms.

No10 and the Treasury insist relations between the two men, who have been friends and political allies for three decades, are still strong.

But that does not tally with the eyewitness account of a Minister who saw the two pass each other in a No10 corridor last week.

'They walked past without saying a word or even looking at each other,' said the Minister. 'It was chilling.'

I don't have that much popcorn in for when the nuke goes off.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11...bring-down.html

Blair: The darkness in Gordon's heart will bring him down

Tony Blair believes Gordon Brown's political future is doomed because of 'the darkness in his heart' and his 'lies' - and feels Mr Brown has no one to blame but himself.

The former Prime Minister's devastating verdict on his successor is a blow to Mr Brown's hopes of surviving further moves to topple him, expected this week.

Publicly, Mr Blair has kept out of the row. However, The Mail on Sunday can disclose that privately he shares the view held by Labour rebels that Mr Brown will lead the Party to a disastrous defeat at the next Election.

Part 2 extra extra, Purnell drop Milliband and Burnham in it and calls them spineless gits. Labour rebels furious at Milliband.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11...d-Brown-go.html

Labour Ministers David Miliband and Andy Burnham faced claims of betrayal last night over their decision not to back fellow Blairite James Purnell's attempt to oust Gordon Brown by resigning from the Cabinet.

Mr Purnell, the former Work and Pensions Secretary, hoped that Foreign Secretary Mr Miliband and Mr Burnham would join him by quitting the Cabinet, making it impossible for the Prime Minister to continue.

He was shocked when instead of following his lead, they publicly declared their support for Mr Brown and attacked him for walking out on Thursday night.

A former Minister who is close to Mr Purnell said: 'David Miliband's behaviour is astounding. It is no secret that he has said privately that he agrees with James that Gordon Brown cannot win the Election and that the Party would do better with a new leader.

'James acted honourably and courageously and expected others to do the same. The anger with David is amazing. He is finished as a serious politician as far as many of us are concerned.'

Milliband:

Apparently Milliband felt the same way as Purnell but couldn't go through with resigning. He could have bought Brown down if he had resigned but he bottled it. I heard the other day (Thursday I think) that Labour MP's now hated Milliband for backing Brown when in private he hates him.

This is priceless, The cabinet and reshuffle is in absolute shambles. Purenll is going to take Burnham and Milliband down now. I wish i could be a fly on the wall. The cabinet meeting on monday is going to be interesting. Its like the plot of Murder on the orient express.

Oh jesus it gets better, this is an all out knuckleduster.

Blair has knifed him now.

OUCH.

Tony Blair believes Gordon Brown's political future is doomed because of 'the darkness in his heart' and his 'lies' - and feels Mr Brown has no one to blame but himself.

The former Prime Minister's devastating verdict on his successor is a blow to Mr Brown's hopes of surviving further moves to topple him, expected this week.

Publicly, Mr Blair has kept out of the row. However, The Mail on Sunday can disclose that privately he shares the view held by Labour rebels that Mr Brown will lead the Party to a disastrous defeat at the next Election.

In a damning verdict on Mr Brown's character, Mr Blair said of the Prime Minister recently: 'The darkness in his heart and the lies will be his downfall.'

Friends of Mr Blair say he has been 'saddened' by Mr Brown's performance and believes that he has failed to show the necessary leadership or policies.

'Gordon's performance has confirmed Tony's reservations about his suitability to be PM,' said one source.

'He hoped he would be a success and has tried to support him and offered what advice he can. But he always feared Gordon may not have the right temperament or character to do the job and that's how it has turned out.'

Another source close to Mr Blair claimed Mr Brown's wounds were 'self-inflicted'. He added: 'Tony's view is that Gordon has brought this all on himself. He spent years plotting against Tony and is in no position to complain now that it is happening to him.

The press can smell blood, even if it is the difficult to shift variety.

By Simon Walters

Last updated at 10:37 PM on 06th June 2009

Tony Blair and Gordon Brown

'Reservations': Tony Blair, pictured with Gordon Brown in 2004, believes he has failed to show the leadership needed, friends say

In a damning verdict on Mr Brown's character, Mr Blair said of the Prime Minister recently: 'The darkness in his heart and the lies will be his downfall.'

Milliband:

Apparently Milliband felt the same way as Purnell but couldn't go through with resigning.

well that says it all doesn't it??

the guy has no cohonez!!!.......how on earth do you expect this juvenile to play hardball with the president of syria,who probably has got a menagerie of exotic viral and biological weaponry at his disposal,when he can't even face out a beaten,down on his luck lame-duck PM who everybody just makes mockery of.

kind of scuppers his chances of becoming PM if he hasn't got the balls to stand up and be counted

It's the end of their world as they know it. but I feel fine.

Madness. It'll be a prime time drama with GB starring as himself within 2 years.

edit: who would play GB in the film?

This would be fabulous to watch for a few months more if it was not so bloody serious that we get this lunatic out.

How the hell will the miniseries makers get Browns premiership into a 4 hr set, they'll at least 10 to get all the good stuff in.

It's the end of their world as they know it. but I feel fine.

Madness. It'll be a prime time drama with GB starring as himself within 2 years.

edit: who would play GB in the film?

I vote Robbie Coltrane, he could probabl do it quite well with lots of make up.

Too many Scots in British politics, it is the Macbeth story again. And Cameron is as doomed as these players. Is there a decent Englishman to take charge?

The BBC is reporting none of this. Just statesmen like pics of him at the D-Day celebrations with Sarko and Obama.

Funny when he gets boo'd though. BBC: "Small group of veterans" Good old veterans!

If they had done that in UK, they would have got tasered or carried off by Labour heavies.

Too many Scots in British politics, it is the Macbeth story again. And Cameron is as doomed as these players. Is there a decent Englishman to take charge?

I'd say it's more KING LEAR. We are really into GOTTERDAMMERUNG mode! I could almost forgive our MPs all their fiddling and corruption, this just gets better and better. I still think Brown is going to commit one last folly like bringing Margaret Thatcher into the cabinet, I really do!

I imagine it will be way down the list, the ferrets in the sack and troughing will still be top of the tv for months to come. Brown can try and divert attention all he likes but he wont be able to, tomorrow night he's done for when the EU vote comes out.

I'm sure the rebels have a welcome present for him when they do come out.