House Price Crash Forum

Notw And Sky Has Mandelsons Emails Saying Brown Cannot Win Election

HOLA441

Sky News reporting that the NOTW has emails from Mandelson to aides saying Brown can’t win an election.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Politics/...ws_Of_The_World

Lord Mandelson does not believe Gordon Brown can win a general election, according to leaked emails published in the News of the World.

In the emails, which the paper claims were written to former spin doctor Derek Draper in January last year, he also criticises the Prime Minister's leadership style.

News of the World have emails from Mandelson, saying that Brown could not win a general election, as he was a complex man, unable to hide his insecurities…

What next.......................

Flipping hilarious.

A cabinet of backstabbers, Browns back must have more knives than the Queens state banquets.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
Sky News reporting that the NOTW has emails from Mandelson to aides saying Brown can’t win an election.

Lord Mandelson does not believe Gordon Brown can win a general election, according to leaked emails published in the News of the World.

In the emails, which the paper claims were written to former spin doctor Derek Draper in January last year, he also criticises the Prime Minister's leadership style.

News of the World have emails from Mandelson, saying that Brown could not win a general election, as he was a complex man, unable to hide his insecurities…

What next.......................

Flipping hilarious.

A cabinet of backstabbers, Browns back must have more knives than the Queens state banquets.

this is it folks, the final nail and all that

when the murdoch press decides your times up...........

HOLA447
HOLA448
Mandelson is now saying that the email does not mean he can't win the next election? WTF ? :blink:

Snakes and forked tongues come to mind but Brown must be mad to have Voldemort that close to him, I'd need a hazmat suit to go within a mile of that cretin.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Surely he's finished now - or will be when the results of the European elections are announced tomorrow.

On another note - the BBC were saying yesterday that it wasn't such a good day for the Tories or the Lib Dems as they were trying to make out. But looking at the figures here, it looks like the Tories absolutely spanked Labour in the English elections yesterday.

I don't really understand the election process - am I missing something?

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Radio 5: “Derek Draper leaked the Mandelson emails to get back at Brown for dumping him from LabourList.â€

Hahahahahahaha

For just a nanosecond there I felt like shaking Mr. Draper by the hand. Then I remembered what a disgusting little slug he is and thought better of it.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Lord Mandelson claims that the Labour Party are lagging behind in the polls because Brown has no strategic direction.

He says Mr Brown is too obsessed with celebrity gimmicks over the vital job of saying what he stands for.

The Industry Secretary, who could head up Labour's general election campaign, says "strategic policy formulation" is more important than "telling people you watch the X-Factor."

A spokesman for Lord Mandelson denied that he had said Mr Brown could not win the general election.

He also denied that he had said he is incapable of the X-factor.

Mr Draper, to whom the emails are said to have been written, has so far refused to comment.

So last year he was into all this celeb sh&te and now he's bringing them into the cabinet.

nutter.

HOLA4418
When are the euro election results out - why does it take so long to count them?

they have to translate the numbers into German and French.

one=un=ein

two=duh=schwine

three=twa=dry

four=cat=fun

five=sank=fear

and so on....ignorant foreigners should learn to speak proper.

HOLA4419

I just tried the "Predict the General Election" app on that page.

Conservatives - 40%

Labour - 25%

Lib Dem - 20%

Other - 15%

...equals a Conservative majority of 70

Conservatives - 25%

Labour - 40%

Lib Dem - 20%

Other - 15%

...equals a Labour majority of 136, almost double what the Conservative majority would be. How does that work?

Edited by blobloblob

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Lord Mandelson claims that the Labour Party are lagging behind in the polls because Brown has no strategic direction.

He says Mr Brown is too obsessed with celebrity gimmicks over the vital job of saying what he stands for.

The Industry Secretary, who could head up Labour's general election campaign, says "strategic policy formulation" is more important than "telling people you watch the X-Factor."

A spokesman for Lord Mandelson denied that he had said Mr Brown could not win the general election.

He also denied that he had said he is incapable of the X-factor.

Mr Draper, to whom the emails are said to have been written, has so far refused to comment.

So last year he was into all this celeb sh&te and now he's bringing them into the cabinet.

nutter.

Gave me a horrid shudder remembering Galloway in Big Brother with Rula Lenska. Vile stuff.

HOLA4424
I just tried the "Predict the General Election" app on that page.

Conservatives - 40%

Labour - 25%

Lib Dem - 20%

Other - 15%

...equals a Conservative majority of 70

Conservatives - 25%

Labour - 40%

Lib Dem - 20%

Other - 15%

...equals a Labour majority of 136, almost double what the Conservative majority would be. How does that work?

Fiddled constituency delimitations.

44,000 voters per Scottish constituency v 66,000 per English (or something pretty close to that.)

HOLA4425
Surely he's finished now - or will be when the results of the European elections are announced tomorrow.

On another note - the BBC were saying yesterday that it wasn't such a good day for the Tories or the Lib Dems as they were trying to make out. But looking at the figures here, it looks like the Tories absolutely spanked Labour in the English elections yesterday.

I don't really understand the election process - am I missing something?

the BBC use the local results to work out a national percentages in a GE - no idea how

on this basis Tories dropped 6 points from 44% to 38% from the last local elections

Labour dropped 1 point

Lib Dems up 2 points

Edited by newdman