House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MOP

Gordon Brown Booed By Veterans At D-day Rememberance

It's being reported on Sky. They are blaming Brown for the failure to secure an invitation for the Queen.

The pressure is clearly taking a toll:

Sky are also reporting an email leak where Mandelson tells an aide that Brown couldn't win an election.

Not surprised. The twunt needs to go.

I'm beginning to feel sorry for the guy. He isn't well, that's for sure. This invitation business was badly handled by the FO. They are supposed to advise on protocol. Sarah Brown was needlessly distressed too.

Those around him should have either supported him or put him out his misery by now.

<snip>

Sky are also reporting an email leak where Mandelson tells an aide that Brown couldn't win an election.

The e-mails are from 2008 I believe and are to be published in The Sun tomorrow.

EDIT: The reporter said the The Sun but he should have said The News of The World.

I'm beginning to feel sorry for the guy. He isn't well, that's for sure. This invitation business was badly handled by the FO. They are supposed to advise on protocol. Sarah Brown was needlessly distressed too.

Those around him should have either supported him or put him out his misery by now.

Think of the hundreds of thousands of lives he has blighted due to his financial mismanagement. The pensions he stole, the decade of greed he presided over which will wreck peoples lives for years to come. Think of the huge debt this country is now in which will affect taxation for 20-30 years. Think of the ruined UK society by his obsession with the multicult.

Death is too good for him, he needs to live out his days knowing exactly the paid he has caused and needs to go down in history as one of the most damaging politicians the UK has ever seen.

The e-mails are from 2008 I believe and are to be published in The Sun tomorrow.

I can't wait to see how Mandy responds to this one! :lol:

I Certainly don't feel sorry for Brown at all. However if this is true (Sky - true? Unlikely) it is out of order. Nothing he has done pertains to the D Day event and he is a senior politician showing his respect. What a pity if that respect is not reciprocated. Disgusting behaviour from old people who seem to spend all their time moaning about the bad behaviour of young people.

Think of the hundreds of thousands of lives he has blighted due to his financial mismanagement. The pensions he stole, the decade of greed he presided over which will wreck peoples lives for years to come. Think of the huge debt this country is now in which will affect taxation for 20-30 years. Think of the ruined UK society by his obsession with the multicult.

Death is too good for him, he needs to live out his days knowing exactly the paid he has caused and needs to go down in history as one of the most damaging politicians the UK has ever seen.

+ 1

Why should we feel sorry for him? He takes his salary as PM. Was he forced into the job?

He was also booed for turning up an hour late, fortunately our soldiers are generally on time :ph34r:

Rubbish, The unelected charlaton was there to press the flesh for his own gain, he couldnt give a rats backside for the veterans.

He said "Obama Beach" instead of "Omaha Beach" :

He's lost it! :blink:

He's not worth the effort to despise.

And, abou the invite, according to Guido Fawkes:

"The veterans booed him because it is thought that Downing Street encouraged Sarkozy to not invite the Queen so that he could get another photo-op with Obama"

Sounds about right to me.

He's not worth the effort to despise.

And, abou the invite, according to Guido Fawkes:

"The veterans booed him because it is thought that Downing Street encouraged Sarkozy to not invite the Queen so that he could get another photo-op with Obama"

Sounds about right to me.

Disgusting if true.

I Certainly don't feel sorry for Brown at all. However if this is true (Sky - true? Unlikely) it is out of order. Nothing he has done pertains to the D Day event and he is a senior politician showing his respect. What a pity if that respect is not reciprocated. Disgusting behaviour from old people who seem to spend all their time moaning about the bad behaviour of young people.

+1.

IIRC, the veterans were angry with Brown because they suspected him of having acquiesced to (at best) or colluded with (at worst) Sarkozy in keeping The Queen out, in order to keep the limelight for themselves. If that's true, a far more effective protest would have been for the veterans to threaten to boycott the event and hold a commemoration somewhere else (on the south coast of England, where the ships left from?), unless The Queen attended. That would have seriously embarassed Brown and Sarkozy in the international media: in the event, they've embarassed themselves as well.

And Sarkhozys tribute was about 10 times the size of the wreath placed by Brown.......course, there is no need to worry about the expense for the French Guy.

+1.

IIRC, the veterans were angry with Brown because they suspected him of having acquiesced to (at best) or colluded with (at worst) Sarkozy in keeping The Queen out, in order to keep the limelight for themselves. If that's true, a far more effective protest would have been for the veterans to threaten to boycott the event and hold a commemoration somewhere else (on the south coast of England, where the ships left from?), unless The Queen attended. That would have seriously embarassed Brown and Sarkozy in the international media: in the event, they've embarassed themselves as well.

When you are governed by shit - everybody gets dragged down to their level, unfortunately.

Well at least Brown didn't bring up the economic crisis in the rememberance speech. :rolleyes:

Guest anorthosite
And Sarkhozys tribute was about 10 times the size of the wreath placed by Brown.......course, there is no need to worry about the expense for the French Guy.

And ironically, given who he's shagging, Sarkhozy doesn't need to have a big anything on display :lol: