House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MOP

Gordon Brown Booed By Veterans At D-day Rememberance

Well at least Brown didn't bring up the economic crisis in the rememberance speech. :rolleyes:

But did he say 'which started in america?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nothing about it on the Beeb website - I suspect it isn't true.

On the contrary, it probably confirms it.

Remember, the BBC now have a clear and unambiguous VI in keeping Labour in power. The Tories have called for the licence fee to be frozen: Labour have rejected this and pledged to continue with the increases set down in the last Royal Charter renewal.

Nothing about it on the Beeb website - I suspect it isn't true.

It bloody well is true. The Sky reporter made a big issue out of it when they went live to him around 4pm. It will be on youtube soon enough.

Disgusting if true.

+1

A national disgrace. He seems to have Obama on the brain - a deluded desperation for some of the man's popularity to rub off on him no doubt.

I'm beginning to feel sorry for the guy. H

Every time I do, I remember how he is holding the entire company to ransom just so he can enjoy his tenure that he waited so many years for and that Tony denied him for so long.

And ironically, given who he's shagging, Sarkhozy doesn't need to have a big anything on display :lol:

whos that holding mandelson in your avatar?

I'm beginning to feel sorry for the guy. He isn't well, that's for sure. This invitation business was badly handled by the FO. They are supposed to advise on protocol. Sarah Brown was needlessly distressed too.

Those around him should have either supported him or put him out his misery by now.

Dear God man, have a word with yourself !! This is the man who has been preaching endlessly about doing the right thing. while on his watch politicians have been cheating the public out of their money.

He has presided as chancellor over the worst economic disaster since the war, refusing to accept his part in it. He enjoys a position as the leader of the British Government and as such the buck stops with him.

He deserves no quarter.

Save your sympathy for someone who deserves it.

Think of the hundreds of thousands of lives he has blighted due to his financial mismanagement. The pensions he stole, the decade of greed he presided over which will wreck peoples lives for years to come. Think of the huge debt this country is now in which will affect taxation for 20-30 years. Think of the ruined UK society by his obsession with the multicult.

Death is too good for him, he needs to live out his days knowing exactly the paid he has caused and needs to go down in history as one of the most damaging politicians the UK has ever seen.

Nicely put.

Guest sillybear2
Not surprised. The twunt needs to go.

Why, he's doing this to himself, he refuses to go, what does he expect?

I distinctly recall that the 2004 D-Day commemoration was going to be the last big one.

Now it's 65 years (not a round figure) and suddenly it's a big deal again.

Is it just a photo-op for failed (Brown), failing (Sarkozy) and about-to-fail (Obama) politicians?

It's being reported on Sky. They are blaming Brown for the failure to secure an invitation for the Queen.

The pressure is clearly taking a toll:

Sky are also reporting an email leak where Mandelson tells an aide that Brown couldn't win an election.

How the hell No.10 didn't secure an invite for HRH is beyond me! snub of all snubs and rightly so she did not attend!

I Feel for the Veterans, but am proud (YET AGAIN!) that they Booed our excuse of unelected prime minister! You don't get much more of a hint than NO LOCAL COUNCILS and the people that risked their lives to save freedom telling you "It is time to go!".

How the hell No.10 didn't secure an invite for HRH is beyond me! snub of all snubs and rightly so she did not attend!

I Feel for the Veterans, but am proud (YET AGAIN!) that they Booed our excuse of unelected prime minister! You don't get much more of a hint than NO LOCAL COUNCILS and the people that risked their lives to save freedom telling you "It is time to go!".

As someone funnier than me said.

"I can understand the Americans being there and I can understand the Queen should be there. But what the ****** are the French doing there, let alone organising it?"

... but am proud (YET AGAIN!) that they Booed our excuse of unelected prime minister! ...

Then you're a disgrace too. What a nation of yobbish oiks Britain has become. Disrespectful and disgusting.

People (like my Dad) that fought on the Normandy beaches must be turning in their graves at the sick spectacle that these stupid old men have made of our once great nation.

"I can understand the Americans being there and I can understand the Queen should be there. But what the ****** are the French doing there, let alone organising it?"

They live there you sick ******.

If the Booing is true then I find that significant - given the social demographic it purportedly came from. This is very uncharacteristic for old soldiers of that generation.

Even more thought provoking is that, statistically speaking, many (most?) of those old veterans probably voted Labour in 1945!

They live there you sick ******.

Yes. It is well known that the French live in France. :rolleyes:

Then you're a disgrace too. What a nation of yobbish oiks Britain has become. Disrespectful and disgusting.

People (like my Dad) that fought on the Normandy beaches must be turning in their graves at the sick spectacle that these stupid old men have made of our once great nation.

Do we know it was the veterans though? There was quite a mixed crowd at the service and the shouts (which didn't last long) were pretty muted suggesting they came from the non-veteran area further back. The veterans at the front seemed to be glad handing Brown with big smiles at the end, unless that was just what the Beeb wanted us to see.

I was more annoyed by the British Legion MC referring to Brown as the 'English Prime Minister' and the old boy who misquoted the Binyon poem looking like he'd forgotten his reading glasses.

That almost ranks alongside the quote in my signature.

Have I offended you in some way, that you should smite me so?

It is the question of being precise with the history and not misrepresenting facts, including who has been "presiding" over this country since 1997