House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
HPCwhen?

Halifax Figures Discussed On Wake Up To Money

Hi All,

Don't know if this was posted on the main board. Halifax figures discussed on Radio 5 y'day morning. I was half asleep but I'm nearly sure that Jonathan Davis aka FP said he'd be quite happy for house prices to rise! Not sure what to make of this? Probably just the way that the question was posed...or has Jonathan bought?

The EA is a laugh though - full of contradictions - in one breath saying people should buy property as a home and not an investment and the next breath saying that housing was a reliable investment :blink:

Here the linky - 12.03

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/programmes/wakeup.shtml

In the heat of the moment - it was in fact simply I don't really care if they go up or down; I'm an investment adviser. I then said 'but I do not beieve they will rise because of the economics' or some such.

No, have not bought. In fact look at my last post in East Herts/W Essex theread in South East board.

I am not anti property. It just makes no economic sense - since c 2004 or 5 (earlier in some ways) and until 2011/12 or so.

Possibly ITV News tomorrow. Possibly.