House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sinking Feeling

When Reality And Reality Tv Become One

I'm getting very concerned at the moment as Gordon Brown seems to be seriously losing the plot. First he was sending out letters to X factor finalists, then last weekend he phoned Simon Cowell and Peers Morgan to check that Susan Boyle was alright and now he has 'hired' Apprentice star Alan Sugar into his cabinet.

What next? Kerry Katona as Chancellor and Jordon as Foreign Secretary?

You couldn't make this stuff up!!

Brown has signed his own death sentence. There are enough disgruntled ex-cabinet ministers to oust him who are now on a completely free reign with nothing to lose. Backbenchers and have been usurped by unelected placemen (they will not like that one bit) and they won't like being kept on the per periphery when Brown seemingly has time to chat to two bit celebs.

Next week should see some more concerted moves against this shallow talentless ****.

Unsurprisingly that serruptitious self-appointed unelected pillar of the British establishment, The Meeja, have decided for themselves its time for Brown to go.

Instead of the British people seizing control of the situation themselves using a Constitutional mechanism available to them, the Meejahr have decided to hound the PM from power.

I don't like Brown but then again I thought the me-me-media only 'report' on events instead of conspiring to orchestrate them.

Instead of the British people seizing control of the situation themselves using a Constitutional mechanism available to them

what constitutional mechanism?

what constitutional mechanism?

I thought the only option we had to remove him was revolution. Is there another option?

Brown is a delusional liar and he can no longer hide from the truth that he's managed to get himself in a job way above his competence level, which has been achieved through lying.

Reality will not take any prisoners.

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/comme...wn-1698128.html

At least he didn't throw his mobile phone at the reporters. He didn't heave a printer into the room and curse them. But he looked close to it. Seized with a passionate intensity, the PM was deep in the other half of his bi-polarity. Poor fellow was jabbering like a tobacco auctioneer.

Too much coffee. If you talk at that speed in the Groucho Club they call the drugs squad.

"I am going to be totally candid," he began and went on to contradict himself at great length, in pedantic detail and at 250 words a minute.

He was asked, for instance, if it was true that he'd wanted to get rid of Alistair Darling as Chancellor and had been unable to do so. "No, no, no," he said with an astonishing lack of candour. His eyes narrowed in a look of great cunning (he thought we couldn't see). He told us what good, personal friends they were and how he'd been praising the Chancellor on Wednesday and how lacking in arrogance and complacency he was and ...

"But your aides were going round Westminster saying that's exactly what you were going to do!"

"Look," he said. They'd worked on G20 together (ah, happy days!) and he hoped the rest of the world would acknowledge this.

But his best line was: "I have faith in myself treating people fairly. This is who I am."

He's been through a course in presentation and has had key phrases inserted into his brain. As authors are trained to say the title of their book five times in an interview, so Gordon has been drilled to use words like "faith", "decent", "my father", "honest", "heart", "women". It won't work because they haven't got him to stop saying "Democratic Renewal Council". It spoils everything, but he won't leave off because it's his big idea. Three councils, or super-committees are going to ... but let's not get into the frivolous peripherals.

"I have faith in myself treating people fairly" is a sentence that can only be said by someone on the edge of a breakdown. My grammatical consultant tells me it's a fractured personality in the process of dissociating itself. Time will tell.

Sky's Adam Boulton went through the list of ministers, the unelected three peers, two returnees, and "new ministers in Defence and Health little-known and untested. Can you honestly say it's a strengthened team?"

By way of reply, the PM told us about the enhancement of the restructured Economic Council, "It's focus! It's energy! It's determination!" It's bo11ocks!

And Lord Sugar, someone asked. What was that about? Oh he was going to be terrific. Really? A sexist, bullying, loud-mouthed, multimillionaire reality TV-show star appointed to the House of Lords to promote the Government's core values? Now I see!

Fraser Nelson from the Spectator asked him to be honest rather than candid. The Institute of Fiscal Studies had taken Budget figures and seen 3 per cent cuts every year for three years after the next election. Was that the case? "Not at all! Public spending is rising every year! We'll ask Alistair Darling. He'll tell us the truth. Just by way of revenge.

I can't remember anything like this being written about a PM in the last 20 years.

Was there anything like this when Thatcher went. I can remember she'd lost the plot and become a Gollum.

This was on Labour list, the ex Derek draper blog. It could be an attempt to be more self critical but this is Labour's online grass roots support

during Brown's most fragile period.

http://www.labourlist.org/who_is_the_do_no...ty_bill_dewison

Although it is all very entertaining, especially to those of a political mind, what exactly has happened in the past month with regard to the running of the country? We’ve had duck houses, backstabbing, cries for political reform and the constant drone of ‘Election Now, Election Now’. But has anything been achieved?

We have a country deep in recession and job losses growing every day, but our politicians on all sides are so busy scoring points against each other in PMQs, so eager to make themselves more popular with the public by using ‘soundbite’ politics. But nothing is getting done.

It is all very well speculating on whether Gordon will survive the week, who will be in his cabinet and whether politicians who have resigned their posts were right or wrong to do so, but this doesn’t alter the real world situation of rising repossessions: people losing their careers and the inevitable strain this is putting on families and individuals. It doesn’t reduce energy bills, fuel prices or food bills and with every day of political upset. And it is pushing people further and further away from politics.

The longer this internal battle within the Labour Party continues, the more damage will be done to British politics as a whole, the more damage will be done to an already fragile economy and ultimately the more damage will be done to the country. We need confidence in our politicians, that they can lead us through crisis, but at the moment all I am seeing is that they are fighting desperately to save their own careers with little or no consideration for the long-lasting chaos they are dumping on the electorate. Add to that what this is doing to our position internationally, the confidence the world has in Britain is diminishing by the hour.

At this very moment I don’t want Gordon Brown to put the Labour Party first and I definitely don’t want him to put himself first. I want him to put the country and the well-being of the electorate at the top of the agenda. It is irrelevant whether MPs or the media believe he can do the job, what matters is whether the British people are confident in his leadership.

If Gordon is to continue as Prime Minister for the next 12 months, will anything get done? Will any of the real issues affecting the British people be addressed or are we going to be subjected to another year of political infighting?

He can't really believe that.

More importantly neither does anyone else. Take every thing he says and reverse it and it make s alot more sense.

I will not allow house prices to get out of control.

No more boom and bust.

A liar from the start.

This is bl**** frightening! All that needs to happen now is that someone give them all a knife each, then there will be a blood bath.

This is bl**** frightening! All that needs to happen now is that someone give them all a knife each, then there will be a blood bath.

That's all that's left considering there is a verbal blood bath going on behind closed doors.

I betokens an extremely patronising view of the electorate that Brown seems to think that people confuse reality TV with reality. Everyone I speak to about this - all of whom enjoy these shows - think these appointments are laughable.

Now would seem an opportune moment to have a reality TV show dedicated specifically to monitoring every minute detail of his breakdown 24/7....live and uncut.

come on,if people are retarded enough to tune in and watch 12 nobodies asleep at 3 in the feckin morning,there will certainly be a market for this......and the voyeurism will be so much more juicy!!!.

why can't we make westminster into the big brother house??....totally annexed and starve them all into submission unless they complete ridiculous tasks(and I'm not talking about making policies!).

we can do a weekly vote to evict one of the inmates back to normality. :lol:

snoopers culture bites back!!!..........unlucky gordon.

Guest Skinty
He can't really believe that.

He didn't say believe, he said faith. It means that he doesn't have to question his assumption.

Unsurprisingly that serruptitious self-appointed unelected pillar of the British establishment, The Meeja, have decided for themselves its time for Brown to go.

Instead of the British people seizing control of the situation themselves using a Constitutional mechanism available to them, the Meejahr have decided to hound the PM from power.

I don't like Brown but then again I thought the me-me-media only 'report' on events instead of conspiring to orchestrate them.

the meeja are doing us a favour on several counts.

firstly,they are going to show us first hand the effects on people of a herd-mentality ,snooping,gossip-laden,witch-hunt society,which is unfortunately what has been fostered over the past decade.

...after the stooges have been hunted to extinction, we as a country will have to make a choice as to whether that is the type of environment we wish to live in,I suspect the answer will be a big fat NO.

and secondly,the sheeple will become aware that some good guys fell with the bad ones because of such action.Again we will have to make some serious choices as to the extent to which we allow the media in general to barrage us with repetitive nonsense,knowing we unjustly condemned a couple of innocents on the basis of tittle-tattle and hearsay.