House Price Crash Forum

You Can Only Con A Greedy Man

HOLA441
Paid tokens?

Can you explain?

The iron tokens from your own example.

The bank is just like the ironmonger with the tokens, except that it doesn't have any tokens.

This truth is so mindbending that most folks seem unable to process it - the ultimate big lie.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
Are we not confusing tokens for services rendered, and tokens for future obligation here?

No, don't think so.

Anyhow, why should the bank keep a large room full of tokens in any case? If everyone accepts they exist, a ledger of tokens would work just as well.

Sure, but then any claim actual tokens have changed hands is fraud, and all debts can be repaid with a pencil.

ixnay hypocrisay.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
No, don't think so.

Sure, but then any claim actual tokens have changed hands is fraud, and all debts can be repaid with a pencil.

ixnay hypocrisay.

1st - "Don't think so"? Well, the selling of the tokens of the ironmonger in advance vs for payment rendered is very different. But, I digress - unless the tokens exist and change hands, any register is fraud?

Hmmm.

Why a register then? Why even "tokens"?

Let's embrace the middle-ages again!

*attempts to have a pint, but is unable to do so as pint is not provided with the labour of ones own hand*

HOLA449
Guest Steve Cook
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8086282.stm

Here we go again, feeling sorry for people who are caught out trying to do something unethical. It's like a programme a few years ago focusing on the plight of people stung by the Nigerian scam, when there was not a mention of that fact that they wanted to participate in stealing $20m from someone.

Sure, I class the banks in the same bracket but I'm sick of this idea that it's fair game to borrow, spend and then try to get out of your deal. I don't like limited liability for companies - all shares should carry unlimited liability, then maybe firms wouldn't be so casual with risk and so quick to crap on suppliers when they find hard times.

I'm laughing at the guy who got scammed in this article, the dope. "It's just a scam", he says - like his own plan to borrow money and never pay it back?

You can also con a fearful man

There is a lot of fear out there and has been for a decade or three.

It's good for business.....

HOLA4410
You can also con a fearful man

There is a lot of fear out there and has been for a decade or three.

It's good for business.....

Arguably fear = greed for security ... a con relies on desire, talking about material greed is too narrow. You cannot con the enlightened man <_<

HOLA4411
Guest Steve Cook
Arguably fear = greed for security ... a con relies on desire, talking about material greed is too narrow. You cannot con the enlightened man <_<

Agreed. Ignorance is the ally of the con-man.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
1st - "Don't think so"? Well, the selling of the tokens of the ironmonger in advance vs for payment rendered is very different. But, I digress - unless the tokens exist and change hands, any register is fraud?

Hmmm.

Why a register then? Why even "tokens"?

Let's embrace the middle-ages again!

*attempts to have a pint, but is unable to do so as pint is not provided with the labour of ones own hand*

And if I owe you 100 apples and you owe me 100 apples, we must both between us find a total 200 real apples and physically do an impractical exchange with boxes of apples moving in both directions, otherwise, it's using a pencil to pay a debt and obviously somebody is being conned.

Edited by Stars

HOLA4414
And if I owe you 100 apples and you owe me 100 apples, we must both between us find a total 200 real apples and physically do an impractical exchange with boxes of apples moving in both directions, otherwise, it's using a pencil to pay a debt and obviously somebody is being conned.

Then the question you must answer is why only bankers get to wield the pencil.

£100,000,000 for you while you think of a decent answer.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
They use pencils exclusively, remember?

Yes, exclusively in that other people aren't allowed to by law.

if you owe a greengrocer beans you are allowed to grow your own. If you owe a banker some bits and bobs of paper or some ledger entries you aren't allowed to do them yourself.

The banks haven't got anything except a giant confidence trick.

HOLA4421
If you owe a banker some bits and bobs of paper or some ledger entries you aren't allowed to do them yourself.

Er, yes you are. But you can't expect to coerce them into accepting them - which of course you think you can.

It's a credit instrument which you well know.

But then lets not divert this injin mastubation threads with facts.

Edited by Alan B'Stard MP

HOLA4422
Yes, exclusively in that other people aren't allowed to by law.

if you owe a greengrocer beans you are allowed to grow your own. If you owe a banker some bits and bobs of paper or some ledger entries you aren't allowed to do them yourself.

Yes you can..

You can write out some injin credit notes, and ask if he will accept them in payment.

He probably wont, but that's trade

HOLA4423
Er, yes you are. But you can't expect to coerce them into accepting them - which of course you think you can.

Not at all.

I am merely saying there is no rational basis for saying that a bankers paper is anything but paper. What I am in fact saying is that the banker has no basis for forcing payment with his worthless paper.

It's a credit instrument which you well know.

They both are, as you well know.

But then lets not divert this injin mastubation threads with facts.

Please do, I love facts.

Whenever you are ready to provide some, go for it.

HOLA4424
Yes you can..

You can write out some injin credit notes, and ask if he will accept them in payment.

He probably wont, but that's trade

You need to show some basis in fact for "injin credit notes" being different than Stars credit notes, absent an item promised.

Good luck with it.

HOLA4425