House Price Crash Forum
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

How We Will Beat The Bulls

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

Will just stand our ground. Shoulder to shoulder. Brer Bear to Brer Bear. United as a wall.

God Bless the Ursuline.

Fear us, for we are Mighty!

Edited by DissipatedYouthIsValuable

Will just stand our ground. Shoulder to shoulder. Brer Bear to Brer Bear. United as a wall.

God Bless the Ursuline.

Or just let logic follow its course?

While we watch from the bar?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You'll depress us to death with your doom and gloom?

nah, it's massively optimistic - HPC takes money hand over fist from the old fossils who'll no doubt end up giving most of it to the inheritance taxman, and puts it in the pockets of the young and vibrant, who'll be much more likely to spent it on other goods and services.

Edited by the flying pig

nah, it's massively optimistic - HPC takes money hand over fist from the old fossils who'll no doubt end up giving most of it to the inheritance taxman, and puts it in the pockets of the young and vibrant, who'll be much more likely to spent it on other goods and services.

+1

Starting tommorow I am going Bull, just because the current crop do no research, have no interest in debate and constantly troll.

It's like the stupidest people representing a country and they are constantly farting during a trade meeting. No matter what they

say you just want them to leave.

So agree! I can't tell you how much I agree.

God Bless the Ursuline.

The laws of mathematics will defeat them, we merely need to buy popcorn and enjoy the show.

I take it you do realise HPI is no different to stock market rises, or gold price rises, or commodity price rises??????

No. Clearly you don't.

:rolleyes:

Houses are a limited commodity, just like anything else of value. If you want them to get cheaper over the long term, build more and get supply to exceed demand, in places where people want to live, and where there is employment to support them.

Until and unless that happens, the underlying trend will always be up, no matter what the short term fluctuations do.

God Bless the Ursuline.

Oh shame. For the mighty DYIV has been taken by the demon that seized Cletus VanDamme before him.

And verily he will vacillate now between bull and bear until all others become dizzy and cry: Woe! For shall all live in ditches whilst 66 million aristocrats inhabit the homes of our fathers, or shall we all buy country estates? And the doubt will infect the Mods and they shall banish us all to the place that cannot be mentioned but begins with a G and ends in the acronym of House Price Crash.

Sorry to kick you in the goolies HPC gang but here's more good news.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/105763...little-for-sale

Come on. It's time to put your hands up. You're all done. Finished.

The house I was watching in Maidstone that went up for sale 3 weeks ago has sold for mental money. If you need the details I'll give them to you.

Don't speak about green shoots. HPI is back thank god.

Laugh?-I nearly passed my fags round!

First time buyers cannot find affordable properties?

Even first timers can see property asking prices need to fall?

How many other ways could this have been presented?

I love the use of relative statistics rather than real numbers."increased by 150%."

Of what?

From 2 buyers to 5 buyers?

Nick

God Bless the Ursuline.

The thing is it takes courage to stand out from the majority and consider how things really are even if how they are are not particularly to your advantage.

I don't consider the bullishness on this website any different than the whole UK going blue yesterday.

There was a time that labour thought they would never get in, then they got in at a time when most believed conservatives would never get back in. For the past decade + nobody thought the tories would ever get back in , and so desperate had the tories become that New Labour was beginning to sound more tory than tory so the tories began to sound like the Green Party. Then the sheeples of the UK had to find someone to blame for their property price falling, or them losing a job and the government got blamed, most have not considered such issues as what made the banks and country go bankrupt they just want a government that will give the lenders more money . I don't have access to a TV very often but I was watching two minutes on the news last night with strong labour strongholds going tory , the people they spoke to didn't know why the had voted tory or what that would mean, they just want someone to blame.

However, it was not that long ago , as I have just said, that the tories were voted out because people had had enough, now labour will be voted out and I can see any modern thinking in the tory party disappearing overnight as the old school REJOICE for they are back with a chance to have another go to get the UK to the point that they will forget what labour did and vote them back in with a huge majority.

The sad thing is that this never changes anything its all pretty much of a muchness......as Stars said yesterday on HPC:

QUOTE (Stars @ Jun 5 2009, 09:40 AM)

The new real estate party will be replaced by the old real estate party.

The British public wil be once again baffled as to why nothing seems to change no matter who they vote for.

So to get back to the theme of this thread "how will we beat the bulls"?

Well firstly we will never "beat" the bulls, just as you can' have happy without sad , or night without day , you can't have bear without bull. The problem is that both parties seem to be full of vi bullishness it is everywhere people full of egoic self interest which, as I have said on other threads, doesn't really sit well with the non-linear times we are now supposed to be living in. The President of the European Central Bank, Jean-Claude Trichet, said earlier this year:

We live in non-linear times – the classic economic models and theories cannot be applied, and future development cannot be foreseen”, stated Jean-Claude Trichet, adding that the absence of a clear forecast complicates any restoration of trust in free market mechanisms.

The Czech Presidency and the representatives of the European Central Bank also shared the view that excessive recapitalization of European banks by the Member States may result in their re-nationalization, and thus undermine the unity of the common market.

At one level there have been paradigm shifts and that shift requires us to move beyond self interest and being caught in the cycles of duality and move towards a more interconnected, interelated world view where we look at what benefits the whole, and I do think this is where things went terribly terribly wrong in "light touch" approaches to the economy. Non-linear systems require the system to LISTEN to feedback from that system , however, for that system and feedback to work there has to be a shift beyond egoic self interest towards what is of benefit to the whole. I feel what got us in this mess is that there are two systems working, the old and the new and they do not work together for they are worlds appart one has ME at the centre of the universe (think Mc Tavish), the other has no centre of the universe , nothing is seen as being fundamental.

In the new paradigm, the relationship between the part and the whole is more symmetrical. We believe that while the properties of the parts certainly contribute to our understanding of the whole, at the same time the properties of the parts can only be fully understood through the dynamics of the whole. The whole is primary, and once you understand the dynamics of the whole, you can then derive, at least in principle, the properties and patterns of interactions of the parts. This change of the relationship between the part and the whole occurred in science first in physics, when quantum theory was developed."

"Gradually, physicists began to realize that nature, at the atomic level, does not appear as a mechanical universe composed of fundamental building blocks, but rather as a network of relations, and that ultimately, there are no parts at all in this interconnected web. Whatever we call a part is merely a pattern that has some stability and therefore captures our attention."

At one level we are all living this, but we do seem a long way off from realising this. So the system will continue to offer us feedback until we wake up to the fact that we are not alone and what benefits the whole is of more benefit to us than what appears to benefit an US that sees itself as separate from the whole.

Edited by Sybil13

I take it you do realise HPI is no different to stock market rises, or gold price rises, or commodity price rises??????

No. Clearly you don't.

:rolleyes:

Houses are a limited commodity, just like anything else of value. If you want them to get cheaper over the long term, build more and get supply to exceed demand, in places where people want to live, and where there is employment to support them.

Until and unless that happens, the underlying trend will always be up, no matter what the short term fluctuations do.

Oh dear, where do I start ?

What a sweeping statement - "HPI is no different to stock market rises, or gold price rises, or commodity price rises".

The rise and fall in share prices, although important to the UK economy, doesn`t have quite the impact on life that HPI or a property crash does for everday folk.

The price of gold will probabaly be irrelevant to a FTBer who`s struggling to scrape together a deposit to climb onto the pyramid (with Hamish on the top, he hopes).

Finally, how can you say that HPI is no different to commodity price inflation ? Gas bills go up 20%, and there`s uproar, HPI of 20%, and most of the people :lol: at us bears.

Apart from those few reasons, and many more I could mention, HPI is just the same as a rise in the stock market or a more expensive leccy bill.

I could argue with your "Houses are a limited commodity" statement, but I have to go (seriously, I`m going to earn some money that won`t be spent on a mortgage or trying to outbid a fellow human being for a pile of bricks. Crazy, I know !).

You just have to face facts, you bears. People in this country like their houses to be expensive. It makes them feel rich.

Just because you're sad losers who can't afford to buy a house, don't expect the rest of us to suffer.

You'll still be on here whinging in 2050, when we are investing in property on the moon - which is exactly where prices are going. They aren't making any more land you know, but we're making plenty more people.

You just have to face facts, you bears. People in this country like their houses to be expensive. It makes them feel rich.

Just because you're sad losers who can't afford to buy a house, don't expect the rest of us to suffer.

You'll still be on here whinging in 2050, when we are investing in property on the moon - which is exactly where prices are going. They aren't making any more land you know, but we're making plenty more people.

indeed they do.

they feel good when their wealth is increasing.

they take on more debt and this is good for the economy.

indeed, the more debt the economy has taken on, the richer the economy.....this MUST be true as in order to borrow, one must be able to pay it back....so more debt = more wealth.

simples.

Edited by Bloo Loo

How We Will Beat The Bulls

Live within your income, even if you have to borrow to do it.

Just because you're sad losers who can't afford to buy a house,

If I can just stop you there....

I can afford to buy a house, it's just that in 18 months time I will be able to buy a far better house for the same money. QED.

The thing is it takes courage to stand out from the majority and consider how things really are even if how they are are not particularly to your advantage.

I don't consider the bullishness on this website any different than the whole UK going blue yesterday.

There was a time that labour thought they would never get in, then they got in at a time when most believed conservatives would never get back in. For the past decade + nobody thought the tories would ever get back in , and so desperate had the tories become that New Labour was beginning to sound more tory than tory so the tories began to sound like the Green Party. Then the sheeples of the UK had to find someone to blame for their property price falling, or them losing a job and the government got blamed, most have not considered such issues as what made the banks and country go bankrupt they just want a government that will give the lenders more money . I don't have access to a TV very often but I was watching two minutes on the news last night with strong labour strongholds going tory , the people they spoke to didn't know why the had voted tory or what that would mean, they just want someone to blame.

However, it was not that long ago , as I have just said, that the tories were voted out because people had had enough, now labour will be voted out and I can see any modern thinking in the tory party disappearing overnight as the old school REJOICE for they are back with a chance to have another go to get the UK to the point that they will forget what labour did and vote them back in with a huge majority.

The sad thing is that this never changes anything its all pretty much of a muchness......as Stars said yesterday on HPC:

So to get back to the theme of this thread "how will we beat the bulls"?

Well firstly we will never "beat" the bulls, just as you can' have happy without sad , or night without day , you can't have bear without bull. The problem is that both parties seem to be full of vi bullishness it is everywhere people full of egoic self interest which, as I have said on other threads, doesn't really sit well with the non-linear times we are now supposed to be living in. The President of the European Central Bank, Jean-Claude Trichet, said earlier this year:

We live in non-linear times – the classic economic models and theories cannot be applied, and future development cannot be foreseenâ€, stated Jean-Claude Trichet, adding that the absence of a clear forecast complicates any restoration of trust in free market mechanisms.

The Czech Presidency and the representatives of the European Central Bank also shared the view that excessive recapitalization of European banks by the Member States may result in their re-nationalization, and thus undermine the unity of the common market.

At one level there have been paradigm shifts and that shift requires us to move beyond self interest and being caught in the cycles of duality and move towards a more interconnected, interelated world view where we look at what benefits the whole, and I do think this is where things went terribly terribly wrong in "light touch" approaches to the economy. Non-linear systems require the system to LISTEN to feedback from that system , however, for that system and feedback to work there has to be a shift beyond egoic self interest towards what is of benefit to the whole. I feel what got us in this mess is that there are two systems working, the old and the new and they do not work together for they are worlds appart one has ME at the centre of the universe (think Mc Tavish), the other has no centre of the universe , nothing is seen as being fundamental.

In the new paradigm, the relationship between the part and the whole is more symmetrical. We believe that while the properties of the parts certainly contribute to our understanding of the whole, at the same time the properties of the parts can only be fully understood through the dynamics of the whole. The whole is primary, and once you understand the dynamics of the whole, you can then derive, at least in principle, the properties and patterns of interactions of the parts. This change of the relationship between the part and the whole occurred in science first in physics, when quantum theory was developed."

"Gradually, physicists began to realize that nature, at the atomic level, does not appear as a mechanical universe composed of fundamental building blocks, but rather as a network of relations, and that ultimately, there are no parts at all in this interconnected web. Whatever we call a part is merely a pattern that has some stability and therefore captures our attention."

At one level we are all living this, but we do seem a long way off from realising this. So the system will continue to offer us feedback until we wake up to the fact that we are not alone and what benefits the whole is of more benefit to us than what appears to benefit an US that sees itself as separate from the whole.

Do you think Robbie will ever get back with Take That?

Sorry to kick you in the goolies HPC gang but here's more good news.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/105763...little-for-sale

Come on. It's time to put your hands up. You're all done. Finished.

The house I was watching in Maidstone that went up for sale 3 weeks ago has sold for mental money. If you need the details I'll give them to you.

Don't speak about green shoots. HPI is back thank god.

Hey Sibley, you like anecdotes. Here's one from an article on Sir Richard Branson

In 1974, he went with his first wife, Kristen Tomassi, to Cozumel, to try and patch up a marriage that had suffered from numerous affairs on both sides. The area has some of the world's best marlin fishing, and one day they and another couple decided to hire a deep-sea boat. Two miles out, a severe storm began to pound the boat; after a frightening hour or so, the wind and rain subsided, but Branson and his wife concluded that they were in the storm's eye. Convinced that the boat could not withstand another attack, they urged the others to try to swim with them to safety. Nobody was willing to join them. "We stripped off to our underwear and the fisherman gave us a plank of wood from the bottom of the boat," Branson recalled. Somehow, despite ten-foot waves, the couple fought their way to shore. Neither the boat nor its occupants were ever seen again.

Had you not considered that the UK is now in the eye of the storm?

Link

Edited by Dave Spart

If I can just stop you there....

I can afford to buy a house, it's just that in 18 months time I will be able to buy a far better house for the same money. QED.

I think you're being sucked into a "bears masquerading as bulls" wind-up...

;)

Do you think Robbie will ever get back with Take That?

Easily your most thought-provoking post EVER!

;)

God Bless the Ursuline.

Yea brother bear I am with you in the struggle!

I will not waver, I will not back down, I will not walk away! I will stand shoulder to shoulder with you and I will fight those mo' fo' bulls, paw versus hoof, and do you know why?

Because it's the right thing to do!

I will not walk away from the upcoming conflict, because I am the right bear for the job and my task has divine approval, etc.

(Although with me being a coward and a weakling is it okay if I have an admin role a long way behind the lines? thxs).